Losing weight while eating over 2000 calories a day

Ahuvah

Does anyone have any idea why a person would loose weight when eating over 2000 to 2500 calories a day?

It depends on what your activity level is as well, but you don't mention if you are active/exercise, or possibly sedentary most of your day. I know folks that eat a lot of calories but still lose weight. In fact, I have lost weight when exercising/burning a lot of calories, so I have to eat more, not more calories then I'm burning, but enough to fuel the ole bod;) Denise

I agree with Lois - it isn't always the thyroid's fault. The list she presented gives a good picture of just a few diseases that can be responsible for weight loss even with a 2,000-calorie intake.

Also the exercise factor - if you're doing some serious training then it's very possible to still lose weight. I've known body-builders and power-lifters that eat the equivalent of 6 dinners every day and still complain about losing weight.

When I was in my 20s, 30s, and early 40s I had to eat 2,500-3,500 calories a day to maintain a weight of 107. I had a very fast metabolism and I was athletic and burned a lot of calories. I would go on a cruise and come back 1-2 pounds lighter while my friends would gain 5 pounds. I was always thin and muscular until I got in a very bad car accident in 2000 and went on meds. Now I eat about 1,800 calories a day to maintain 125 pounds. Most of what I eat now is lean protein (organic turkey/chicken & wild salmon, Greek Yogurt) lots of fruit, oats, nuts and veggies. When I go above 2,000 calories a day, I slowly gain.

When I was in my 20s, 30s, and early 40s I had to eat 2,500-3,500 calories a day to maintain a weight of 107. I had a very fast metabolism and I was athletic and burned a lot of calories. I would go on a cruise and come back 1-2 pounds lighter while my friends would gain 5 pounds. I was always thin and muscular until I got in a very bad car accident in 2000 and went on meds. Now I eat about 1,800 calories a day to maintain 125 pounds. Most of what I eat now is lean protein (organic turkey/chicken & wild salmon, Greek Yogurt) lots of fruit, oats, nuts and veggies. When I go above 2,000 calories a day, I slowly gain.
deleted

Back