Lost one pound from last month

Weight loss is just this: taking in less calories than you burn. A former co-worker who was an RN used to tell me: "portion control". Less pie in the pie-hole, basically. Exercise is certainly important, I see young folks(under 50) thinking they can "burn off" the extra calories they've stuffed in their mouths. Maybe to a small degree, but it's best to keep those calories out, to begin with.

I know those winter cravings as well, it's a challenge for sure. Drink a glass of water first, if you think you're about to yield-to-temptation.
***Important***
Two reasons to eat more lean protein:
1. You're older, protein for muscle is essential.
2. Eating protein is satisfying, and helps curb those junky carb laden snacks you have in the cupboard.

Good luck, make sure your goals are modest, more likely to become a good habit if you're not torturing yourself.
When I was severely overweight, I heard about drinking water before meals. It really worked; the extra time in the bathroom meant less time in the kitchen.

Gained 1.5 pounds in March. Not surprised - I've had a ravenous appetite lately and relatively little physical activity to do - it's past show shoveling and too early for lawn mowing.

weight graph2a.jpg

Back