Lou Ferrigno to become a sheriff's deputy

The Incredible Hulk will become a New Mexico sheriff's deputy, and Lou Ferrigno said this is for real. "People assume it’s just an honorary thing," the actor and bodybuilder said. "It isn’t, because I’m certified and I have police powers which I'm very proud of." The actor and bodybuilder will join the Socorro County Sheriff’s Department on Tuesday, the Guardian reports.
https://www.newser.com/story/285496/lou-ferrigno-to-become-a-real-life-sheriffs-deputy.html

At 68, it's rather funny - and silly. Maybe he's bored.
I met him at a gun shop about 20 years ago; he was shopping for a scope. I happened to be standing next to him & after I recognized him, I said, "Why do I feel so small?" He chuckled.

I just remembered Shaquille O'Neal & Steven Segal did the same thing. They would have to have to be "Honorary," regardless of what they're saying.
There are age & height limits. I doubt anyone would be accepted for an official law enforcement officer at 68. He probably had some "official" training.
So did Tom Cruise for a movie role in "Collateral."

The Incredible Hulk will become a New Mexico sheriff's deputy, and Lou Ferrigno said this is for real. "People assume it’s just an honorary thing," the actor and bodybuilder said. "It isn’t, because I’m certified and I have police powers which I'm very proud of." The actor and bodybuilder will join the Socorro County Sheriff’s Department on Tuesday, the Guardian reports.

Interesting. The word "socorro" in Spanish means HELP!

Does he need the income ?.....I would think he could have saved a chunk from his acting days/days of fame?

Even a bodybuilder [retired] @ 68 ! They couldn't find younger men for the job?

Back