Maintaining the journey at 65

Enjoy your dinner and your trip to the harbor, Denise. I hope your cough is better today.

We have quite a large extended family in the Houston area; my husband has a brother and a sister within 20 miles of us, plus their spouses and children. My husband was born and raised here so there are all kinds of cousins, aunts, uncles, etc., too.

Hub and his siblings share checking on my MIL, making sure she gets to doctor appointments, take care of her finances, take her shopping, etc. since she doesn't drive anymore. He is over at her house 3 days a week, taking care of maintenance, mowing her property, etc. (A nice break for me, lol.) She is a feisty, sweet little woman.

So we have a lot of roots here; I guess we will live out our days in this area, and probably in this house.

I read Ina's diary entries and some of her posts on the forum; she seemed like a special person. I think she lived in the Dayton area which is a pretty good ways from Houston. I'm sorry I wasn't on the forum while she was here.

Our family was close when I was little, like grade school and younger, but then we all went our separate ways for the most part. I have always thought we were meant to live out our lives near family, and so happy you are getting to:) Ina lived sort of near Humble, and that's about all I know:) I miss her every day, but now I'm getting to know you gals so I am grateful for that:)

Denise--I forgot to mention that there are some great vineyards in Llano!! Don't know if you like wine, but your friend probably has access to some good "Texas Red." :D

I know her and her hubby enjoy going out to dinner, and see they do drink red it looks like from the pics I see;) I like Merlot the best and I'm not too fancy of course. I do like Chardonnays the best and our Grocery Outlet has amazing prices for "otherwise" much, more expensive wines;) I can handle 2 small glasses and always drink it with a dinner;)

Enjoy your dinner and your trip to the harbor, Denise. I hope your cough is better today.
We have quite a large extended family in the Houston area; my husband has a brother and a sister within 20 miles of us, plus their spouses and children. My husband was born and raised here so there are all kinds of cousins, aunts, uncles, etc., too.
Hub and his siblings share checking on my MIL, making sure she gets to doctor appointments, take care of her finances, take her shopping, etc. since she doesn't drive anymore. He is over at her house 3 days a week, taking care of maintenance, mowing her property, etc. (A nice break for me, lol.) She is a feisty, sweet little woman.
So we have a lot of roots here; I guess we will live out our days in this area, and probably in this house.
I read Ina's diary entries and some of her posts on the forum; she seemed like a special person. I think she lived in the Dayton area which is a pretty good ways from Houston. I'm sorry I wasn't on the forum while she was here.

Ina didn’t actually live in Dayton, but that is where her stepdaughter (that she adopted) lived, and for a while, Ina had intended to move there to be closer to Patricia. However, that changed when Patricia’s son moved into Ina’s house and was taking care of her there.
She actually lived on the northeast side of Houston , between Mt. Houston Rd, and the golf course, in a little housing development that bordered near that (bayou ?) that was just east of the area where she lived.
She was on the forum until shortly before she passed away, but had not posted as much here lately as she did on our home forum, which is a much smaller and close-knit group of people.

Ina didn’t actually live in Dayton, but that is where her stepdaughter (that she adopted) lived, and for a while, Ina had intended to move there to be closer to Patricia. However, that changed when Patricia’s son moved into Ina’s house and was taking care of her there.
She actually lived on the northeast side of Houston , between Mt. Houston Rd, and the golf course, in a little housing development that bordered near that (bayou ?) that was just east of the area where she lived.
She was on the forum until shortly before she passed away, but had not posted as much here lately as she did on our home forum, which is a much smaller and close-knit group of people.

I'm sorry I didn't get to know her. Thanks, and my condolences to all of you who were her friends.

I went down to a different Pier tonight, and shot a few, more photos. I'm just mesmerized by the fishing boats, and the men that do this on a daily basis. I'll try and add some info on each pic:

commercial boat.JPGCommercial boat I saw come in right when I got down there.

across the bay.jpgI first went directly across the bay from where I was lastnight. Then walked out to the end of that pier to get the photos of the commercial boat, and seals/sea lions.

hopin for handouts.jpgThese fellers were swimming in to see if they could get some handouts;)

lone fisherman.JPGthe sky really looked like that, I didn't do any touchup on the photos. The single light was the first fisherman I saw on the horizon, coming in at the end of the day.

more fishermen.JPGDown the beach loop a bit farther and I had to pull over as I saw way more boats coming over the horizon! It was so much better in real-life. I'm not a very good photographer so I the pics just don't do the real thing justice;)

Thanks ladies;) I think I'll try a video next time so folks can see the sea lions swimming, boats moving, etc;)

animals-seal-walrus-sea_lion-sea_lions-circus-ksmn524_low.jpg

I understand, I have to just get offline and take a much needed break at times. I do not want my life to be centered around the internet!

Denise, it has been so long since I have seen you online, and I am glad to see that you are doing okay. I used to see and read your Facebook page every day, and then one day, it was just gone, and I couldn’t even find your page.
I think that it was right after your brother in Idaho passed away, because I remember messaging you about that, and then never heard anything back.
Miss chatting with you , and glad to know you are okay !

Back