Member locations

Yup that’s it, great place to visit but do not build a cabin 😂, no sidewalks 😳
Lake Powell would look silly with sidewalks ...
😀

iu
So would the ski slopes.

Now Aneeda, we all know that Utah is one of the most beautiful states in this country. Joseph Smith knew a good thing when he said, "This is the place." Wish I'd seen it first.
Slight correction, it was Brigham Young (Mormon Moses) who is credited for 'This is the Place' statement in 1847. Joe and his brother Hyram were shot at the Carthage, IL jail in 1844 by an angry mob.

Slight correction, it was Brigham Young (Mormon Moses) who is credited for 'This is the Place' statement in 1847. Joe and his brother Hyram were shot at the Carthage, IL jail in 1844 by an angry mob.
I’ve been angry many a time in Utah but I’ve never shot anyone. 😂. I am not LDS and while things have improved over the years, due to other religious and non religious people moving in, It is still very hard for non LDS children here. It is a very self righteous, hypocritical place to live. IMO.
I would imagine it would be the same for a person who was LDS living at the Vatican. 🤣

I remember a visit to the Temple grounds in Salt Lake City many years ago.
It was both beautiful and stirring. As tourists I remember we weren't dressed properly to go inside, because we hadn't planned on the stop there. Enjoyed what we saw though.

Salt_Lake_Temple%2C_Utah_-_Sept_2004-2.jpg

I’ve been angry many a time in Utah but I’ve never shot anyone. 😂. I am not LDS and while things have improved over the years, due to other religious and non religious people moving in, It is still very hard for non LDS children here. It is a very self righteous, hypocritical place to live. IMO.
I would imagine it would be the same for a person who was LDS living at the Vatican. 🤣
Now don’t ruin my image. Donny snd Marie seem like such nice people so I think everone in Utah is exactly like them!!! So do you you sing? dance? Or both??? 😂😂

Well, I am in Utah but since no once cares about Utah or has heard of Utah or wants to go to Utah, I feel my location is of no value at all. 🤣
I disagree. I'm a Canadian & I have been to Utah about 3 times. Lovely state with a lot of nice red rocks for the outdoor guys like me. Love those National Monuments. Big Mormon Temples everywhere. The salt flats are fantastic & so are the mountains. Like I said, it's a lovely state. If I was to move to a state I would choose Utah; never LA nor New York. Don't like those nasty, big, smelly, dangerous cities. "Give me land, lots of land; neath the starry sky above. Don't fence me in."

I agree,it's interesting to know locations but why should it matter unless you're a data collector or a busybody.
Specifically, when a poster makes a region-specific comment, e.g., "Around here the growing season begins in late March", that comment is totally meaningless without some geographic context. Simply not worth posting (or reading).

I doubt there are many people out there who actually believe that the poster "Swifty" stating that s/he is located in South Dakota will be tracked down and victimized. :rolleyes:

I just looked it up on Wikipedia, but am so unfamiliar with British authors and literature that I'm not sure which reference motivated you to choose Porlock.
Samuel Taylor Coleridge, the poet who started writing a poem, Kubla Khan, written about the Mongol emperor Kublai Khan and his legendary palace at Xanadu, was said to have been interrupted by the arrival of a "Person from Porlock" – an event that has been embellished upon in such varied contexts as science fiction and Nabokov's Lolita.

Well, I am in Utah but since no once cares about Utah or has heard of Utah or wants to go to Utah, I feel my location is of no value at all. 🤣

Excuse me...I Do...I Do...I just posted some pictures of Promontory Utah here yesterday...and have many more. I loved Utah when I visited while driving my motorhome from north to south touring your fine State 😀

I disagree. I'm a Canadian & I have been to Utah about 3 times. Lovely state with a lot of nice red rocks for the outdoor guys like me. Love those National Monuments. Big Mormon Temples everywhere. The salt flats are fantastic & so are the mountains. Like I said, it's a lovely state. If I was to move to a state I would choose Utah; never LA nor New York. Don't like those nasty, big, smelly, dangerous cities. "Give me land, lots of land; neath the starry sky above. Don't fence me in."
New York state has a lot of land, lakes, rivers, agriculture and forests. NY city is only a small part of it.

Back