Men: cutting your own hair?

Yes shave my hair stubble. When my wife said try going bald the day after you retire. I said sure why not. That was 27 years ago.

1 pack lasts a month.

Harry's Men's Disposable Razors, 3-Blade Razors with Lubricating Strip and Pivoting Head, 10 count
10 Count (Pack of 1)
$12.09 ($12.09/Count)

Does anyone cut their own hair, or have someone cut it, rather than going to a barber shop? I don't enjoy going to get my haircut, seems like in a traditional barber shop the men just sit, gawking around while waiting. Super Cuts is much more modern and professional, but they cost twice as much and is 15 miles further away.
Since Covid began, my husband has been cutting both his and my hair

Living in a remote area I would have quite a journey to see a barber, luckily, the stylist in the ladies hairdressers salon agreed to trim and tidy my hair. But I must attend first thing on a Saturday and by appointment, she charges me £12:50, that's about $15 US.

Does anyone cut their own hair, or have someone cut it, rather than going to a barber shop? I don't enjoy going to get my haircut, seems like in a traditional barber shop the men just sit, gawking around while waiting. Super Cuts is much more modern and professional, but they cost twice as much and is 15 miles further away.
Lol, 13 months later I still haven't gotten a round tuit. I know, I'm a big procrastinator but just this morning I was looking at my reflection in the bathroom mirror, and there it is again....time for another haircut!
First things first, shopping for a suitable hair clipper...found one, ready to purchase!

I love going to an old fashioned traditional barbershop - not the chrome and glass "modern" places. The tradition started with my dad taking me along on Saturday morning every three weeks. Before retiring and moving I went to the same shop for 30 years. The original owner's daughter took over the shop when he retired. Finally found one I like here in Florida. I don't go quite as often as I used to because - well - retired - so a little shaggy for an extra week or so doesn't matter.

I did it once. i bought the equipment, looked in the mirror and said "You "F" this up, you have to shave it all off!"

Came out almost perfect, some strands I missed, neck also. 5 months ago, had my neighbor cut it. I could use a light trim.

My gf used to trim my hair before she passed away. Now, I’m using a barber until I figure something else out. She started out as a beautician and carried a leather pouch with her tools in it. She would go to rest homes and if the hospital would ask her to come out, she would go there as well. She was always busy and only charged the people in rest homes or convalescent homes half price.

I did it once. i bought the equipment, looked in the mirror and said "You "F" this up, you have to shave it all off!"
Lol, that happens to my mustache every so often.

So I bought a Wahl Clipper Lithium-Ion Cordless from Amazon, come hell or high water I gotta learn to cut my own hair right.

What's the worst that could happen? A little "GI" lookin' hair-do...no biggie, will grow out soon enough.

So I bought a Wahl Clipper Lithium-Ion Cordless from Amazon, come hell or high water I gotta learn to cut my own hair right.

What's the worst that could happen? A little "GI" lookin' hair-do...no biggie, will grow out soon enough.

You'll be fine. Just, please, don't do this, you'll make me cry. 😥🥲😅😂🤣

36+ best looking short haircuts for guys - FaieFreddie

Bella ✌️

Watch a few youtube tutorial videos. There's a lot of them, and I'm sure you can find some that are specific to Wahl.

Does anyone cut their own hair, or have someone cut it, rather than going to a barber shop?
My wife usually cuts mine, sometimes I do my own beard, never brave enough to do my head hair.

Have not been to a barber shop in many years. We live very close to a big beauty college, I go there if I need a cut, only $2 but done by a student. It usually works out, but takes a lot longer than a barber. I always tip a lot more than the $2 charge. I think the students get none of the $2 charge.

Hubby cuts his hair or sometimes asks me. He still has long hair down his back- always tied back in a ponytail. Not much cutting except the ends. I have shorter hair but always tied in a ponytail and usually cut my own or hubby will do the back ends for me. I cut my own bangs too.

Just as a follow-up: A few weeks ago I received my Wahl cordless hair clippers, and a barber's cape from Amazon. I watched & watched & watched Youtube videos on how to cut own hair. Result: utter dissatisfaction, I halted the humiliating defeat and turned myself in to the barber shop I most often frequent and confessed my folly. The barber gal cleaned up the mess I made, and I left with a renewed appreciation for a professional job...well done.
The deal-breaker for cutting my own hair: in order to cut the sides, guess what...I have to take my glasses off. shrug.gif Trimming the back is not to bad, I can see everything well with my hand mirror and my back to the big bathroom wall mirror.
So, I don't know what to do with the clipper, it may be "a while" before I worked up the courage to take another stab at cutting my own hair.

Just as a follow-up: A few weeks ago I received my Wahl cordless hair clippers, and a barber's cape from Amazon. I watched & watched & watched Youtube videos on how to cut own hair. Result: utter dissatisfaction, I halted the humiliating defeat and turned myself in to the barber shop I most often frequent and confessed my folly. The barber gal cleaned up the mess I made, and I left with a renewed appreciation for a professional job...well done.
The deal-breaker for cutting my own hair: in order to cut the sides, guess what...I have to take my glasses off. View attachment 283209 Trimming the back is not to bad, I can see everything well with my hand mirror and my back to the big bathroom wall mirror.
So, I don't know what to do with the clipper, it may be "a while" before I worked up the courage to take another stab at cutting my own hair.
I'm sorry this didn't work out for you. I can see how it might be hard to do for yourself.

I've been cutting my husband's hair (with the clippers/kit) and trimming him up for eh, about 20+ years now. But that's different because I am the one doing the seeing, don't have to take my classes off and can move around him. Hard for him to stand behind himself. :/ lol

Glad the barber was able to fix you up. :)

Been cutting my own for the last 18 years or so. I use electric (Wahl) clippers with one of the shorter comb attachments, pretty much military style, and then the shortest comb attachment along the side burn area angling the comb out a bit as I go up. My wife then trims off the back neck hair with the clippers and no comb. I did the back neck hair myself once with a mirror and it was quite difficult. For my hair and what is left of it, a barber could not do any better for me, and it would be a big waste of time and money. At $20 for a monthly haircut, that comes to about $4300 saved!

Also, I use the Wahl clippers and the shortest comb attachment to trim my beard every week or two.

Back