Missing Girls Found in Ohio

SeaBreeze

Endlessly Groovin'
Did you hear on the news about those 3 girls in Ohio that were missing for 10 years or so, and they were found in a basement of three 50 year old brothers? The one girl had a baby down there, now a 6 year old child. Nice reminder for those two that the father is one of these sick monsters *&%#@! :mad: I guess they were chained and beaten, among other things, in the dark for all those years. :( Glad they were able to get out of there though, but it's so sad. They say there was some disturbed soil in the yard, so there may be more girls buried there. They say at one point a naked woman was seen in the yard, wonder if she had a pulse. :mad:

Shocking news but a good ending with their rescue. News says the cops were called to the house a number of times, knocked on the door and left when no one answered. Those creepy bastards are the scum of society and there are just far too many of them slinking around.

So many times the news media reports things whether they are rumors or truth, just to be first with the story, I guess. :mad: I'm wondering how much of what we've heard is true; as far as the cops being called before and not responding, or following up.

It's highly disturbing that they got away with this for so long - maybe the girls were moved around in all those years?? Bad enough we don't know our neighbors these days, but to have this going on so close, and not know...I think if the neighbors had gotten together, they might have figured out something was very wrong in that house.

Normally, I'd be the last to say 'It takes a village', but things like this make me wonder if we shouldn't watch out for each other a bit more.....

I just hope that being back with their loved ones will allow them to put a wall against all that has occurred. I wish them all i can and hope one day happiness and security in their lives.

I agree Planxty, I hope they can get over this and live fairly normal and happy lives with their families there for support. Unfortunately, they already have had to beg the new media and others to give them a chance to breathe, and have some well-deserved privacy.

Too bad these things happen to women and children (both boys and girls) so often. Most women live their lives fearing they may be kidnapped, raped, tortured or killed, that's not right, especially in the USA! What's up with the men nowadays??? Legalize prostitution, let them pick up some women who will fulfill their S&M dreams, and leave these innocent children and women alone! :rolleyes:

I'm not sure that legalizing prostitution would stop this type of crime. It's often about power, not sex, and that's why they prey on the young and vulnerable. Something is really wrong with our society as a whole, and there seems to be more and more people who are sociopaths, or just plain have no soul.

I too, hope these ladies can somehow find peace, and not live the rest of their lives in fear and distrust.

... Too bad these things happen to women and children (both boys and girls) so often. Most women live their lives fearing they may be kidnapped, raped, tortured or killed, that's not right, especially in the USA!

If they are indeed living their lives that way then it's a shame, because it's the equivalent of hiding in your basement because you think Comet Kohoutek is coming around again soon.

I know much has been made of the stats - supposedly official, like ABC Nightline's story on 1 out of 4 female college students being raped before they graduate - but even though the story is based on DOJ stats I wonder if those stats haven't been amplified or "massaged" in order to make a better story.

I'm sorry, but I just don't SEE this number of rapes in everyday life. I've had this discussion on my martial arts forums as well, concerning violent assaults: everyone is screaming that the numbers are going up, but I don't see it on the street.

I know this won't be a popular position to take, but it's how I see it.

What's up with the men nowadays??? Legalize prostitution, let them pick up some women who will fulfill their S&M dreams, and leave these innocent children and women alone! :rolleyes:

"S&M dreams" are, I think, QUITE different than what these guys were doing, so I question whether legalization of prostitution would help much. Besides, the rare hooker that agrees to S&M play is going to be charging much more than your average pro, so that wouldn't necessarily be a solution.

It wasn't a question of sex, whether straight or bent; it was a question of deviancy, of power and of violence, of kidnapping and unlawful restraint.

True Sifu...I've never been raped, and anyone who overstepped his bounds when I was a teenager, was quickly put in his place. Even today, I won't go down without a fight, and have walked alone in the streets and in the wilderness with the same attitude. Even without an 'equalizer', I'll be giving it my all to protect my life.

You're right, it's a matter of power, violence, and other things involved. Since these guys were still eating at McDonalds, they wouldn't have the cash to pay for their sick needs.

True Sifu...I've never been raped, and anyone who overstepped his bounds when I was a teenager, was quickly put in his place. Even today, I won't go down without a fight, and have walked alone in the streets and in the wilderness with the same attitude. Even without an 'equalizer', I'll be giving it my all to protect my life.

And that's how MANY women are, especially in this modern age of empowerment and ready information. That is how I think EVERYONE should carry themselves. Which in turn makes me wonder how these girls were taken in the first place - whether through force or psychological coercion. I don't mean to sound like a sicko myself, I'm just interested from the viewpoint of self-defense training.

You're right, it's a matter of power, violence, and other things involved. Since these guys were still eating at McDonalds, they wouldn't have the cash to pay for their sick needs.

I'm just amazed that the neighbor never tipped to the girls' existence, what with the barbeques and everything else.

I guess it's true that the Devil lives among us ...

From what I've read about the neighborhood, it's not a surprise that the cops did little. What has me confused is why the brothers are considered not involved . . . ???!!!

And now they're talking about Neighbor Dude being a former domestic violence felon ...

And Guy, you're right - typical Cleveland neighborhood, I think - hate to say it but it looks a lot like mine ...

I don't know if these girls/women developed Stockholm Syndrome, but I just can't imagine how they could remain imprisoned for TEN YEARS ...

Unfortunately, Ozarkgal, if we subject these horrible people to cruel and unusual punishment it makes us no better than they. I think we all agree that returning our society back to the dark ages, as some ridiculous cultures around the globe seem to desire, is not in our best interest. I say, after a fair and expeditious trial, execution is the only answer. We have no use for them and they have given up the privilege of living.

Unfortunately, Ozarkgal, if we subject these horrible people to cruel and unusual punishment it makes us no better than they. I think we all agree that returning our society back to the dark ages, as some ridiculous cultures around the globe seem to desire, is not in our best interest. I say, after a fair and expeditious trial, execution is the only answer. We have no use for them and they have given up the privilege of living.

Ah, I see we have encountered a fork in the road ...

Lemme see if I can 'splain my way of seeing things like this, and maybe you can understand why I feel the way I do.

"Cruel and unusual" is what those three brothers did to those girls. THEY made the first move in the "battle", and they decided the rules of engagement. Therefore, I don't see how it lowers us down by giving the same back to them.

Something I always taught my self-defense students: when you deal with street scum, you have to BECOME street scum. You don't sit there astride your high moral horse, thinking you're better than them and refusing to react - you deal with them THE ONLY WAY THEY UNDERSTAND - on THEIR level.

They WILL fear that.

We already ARE NOT better than them - we're all humans, right? What will a trial accomplish, except give fuel for the next whackadoo that wants to do this, or worse, give some shyster lawyers the opportunity to get them off? They'll claim that these poor men were themselves abused as children, and they're only acting out that abuse now, and they aren't responsible for what they did, and they need help ...

... and they will laugh into the cameras ...

... and our tax dollars will just keep getting burned up in the process ...

MAKE AN EXAMPLE OF THEM. Do something to them so horrific, so unforgettable, so cruel and unusual, that the public NEVER forgets what happens to sub-humans like this. Draw them and quarter them, and put the resulting pieces in the four corners of Cleveland. It worked for piracy in the 18th and 19th centuries, and it will work again.

We seem to differ only in methods - our end results are the same. You want to treat sub-humans as humans; I want to treat them as the low-level organisms that they are. I'm sure we can come to an accord on this matter.

Yours in Punishment,
Marquis de Phillipe

Believe me. I learned to kill or be killed. But, I will not lower myself to the atrocities I've witnessed. Annihilate them with extreme prejudice? Yes! Become as them? Never!

Lock 'n' load, brother. You got first watch.

I agree with Ozarkgal and SifuPhil. I've said for many years now, to punish creeps like this with the EXACT same torture/abuse that they're guilty of. If jokers like this know that they will have to endure all the sick things they do to others, up to and including murder...maybe they'll think twice before they dish it out. If anything, they'll not be so extreme with their beatings and treatment of their victims...knowing if they get caught, that will be THEIR fate.

People, people, people. What am I going to do with you? One more time for those of you in the back. If we do to these worthless wastes of space as bad or worse than they gave, we are no better. I repeat! It makes us no better! ARE YOU LISTENING??? Do you understand the meaning of a civilized society? Keeerist, you are beginning to behave as an out of control angry mob. Me and the sheriff are gonna stand here all night if that's what it takes to keep you and your ropes away from the accused. I want them dealt with, too, but not in any way that lessens us a people. OMG! It's the end of the world as we know it and I ain't feelin' so fine...

Damn, I hate protecting these assholes from the likes of people cum animals but, step any closer and I will unload on you.

Lol! Listen to me now and hear me later. :p You'll need a bigger peashooter than that to unload on this crowd! ;) It's the end of the world as we know it, and I feel fiiine. :jammin:

Hee, hee ... I started a riot and now I'm safely tucked in eating Cheetos and drinking warm milk.

*waves at madding crowd*

Hi, guys! Give 'em one for me!

Vengeance and revenge at the hands of a crowd, or punishment at the hands of a judge and jury - what's the difference?

Satisfaction, and making an example to others of their ilk. And real punishment.

Judges have been shown to be crooked; lawyers the same. Jury of peers? Don't make me laugh! Following That Guy's own rules, we could never CREATE a jury of their peers, since we're so far above them.

And let's just say, just for fun's sake, that a "guilty" verdict is returned, after weeks and months of deliberations, mis-trials, re-schedulings ... OK ... they're shipped off to a Fed pen somewhere. They get 3 hots and a cot, they get their "prisoner's rights" protected, they get to watch cable TV and use the 'Net and read the papers ... they have nothing but time to work on their appeals ... all thanks to our tax dollars. They'll probably warrent their own cell block because of the "sensitive nature of their crimes", so they'll be living like the Mob guys in Goodfellas ...

THAT'S justice?

I've always believed that there are 3 classes of people. The majority are the Sheeple, grazing everyday unaware. The Wolves wait off in the dark distance, biding their time until a Sheeple wanders too far from civilization.

The SheepDogs are the ones who hold the line between the two. How do they do it? They gently guide the Sheeple back into safety, but when they encounter a Wolf they show no mercy, no justice, no fair process of law, no trial - they simply rip their throats out. That way they KNOW that THAT particular wolf won't be bothering the flock anymore.

I ain't agreeing with the legal shame as it stands today; ie OJ... I want these scumbags executed immediately AFTER a fair and swift trial. Lord of the Flies come to mind, anyone?

I disagree with letting victims and family have a role in the judicial system. Yes, the system is in shambles but let's stop the crooked judges, lawyers and cops not hand things over to the general population. As civility is fading, I would rather be a bastion for order than a puppet of anarchy. And, trust me, handing legal system decisions over to civilians is opening the door to anarchy.

witch-hunt.jpg

How about this piece of $hit, whose execution is finally set after 20 years of us paying to give him 3 hots and a cot....and they're STILL trying to get him off! He said that killing those people who worked in that restaurant felt better than sex, and they were all stupid anyway...but wait...maybe he had an undiagnosed disorder at the time, and Gov. Hickenlooper feels sooo bad having to make the decision to execute this poor baby....paleeeese! :mad: http://www.nydailynews.com/news/nat...sed-bipolar-disorder-lawyer-article-1.1336967. These families deserve there (too) long awaited justice!

That Guy,

No where on here do I see anyone advocating frontier justice such as lynch mobs...Maybe you could explain your theory as to why anarchy would occur if victims of crime were somehow incorporated into the sentencing phase of a trial...we have gone so overboard on politically correct happy horse**** in this country that most people wouldn't gag if they had a mouth full of it, and the criminal vultures are constantly take advantage of it. The pendulum needs to start swinging in the other direction, and soon or you will be right about anarchy.

Back