Missing Girls Found in Ohio

a
How about this piece of $hit, whose execution is finally set after 20 years of us paying to give him 3 hots and a cot....and they're STILL trying to get him off! He said that killing those people who worked in that restaurant felt better than sex, and they were all stupid anyway...but wait...maybe he had an undiagnosed disorder at the time, and Gov. Hickenlooper feels sooo bad having to make the decision to execute this poor baby....paleeeese! :mad: http://www.nydailynews.com/news/nat...sed-bipolar-disorder-lawyer-article-1.1336967. These families deserve there (too) long awaited justice!

What swamp do these politicians crawl out of? If loopy Hickenlooper thinks that's as hard as it get, he should try being a parent of one of those kids. A typical example of a politcian being out of touch with reality, buying into a slimeball lawyer's seedy defense of his client having undiagnosed bipolar disease 20 years ago...how ya gonna prove that!!

So sorry you're stuck with such an idiot for a gov SeaBreeze..not the first time I've heard of his antics. Better luck next election time.

I would NEVER advocate lynch mobs.

The main problem with them is that they aren't very efficient and there are too many witnesses. :playful:

One person - one specially-trained, highly-motivated person - that's all it takes. Think Batman, but with knives and bullets.

You'd see crime rates drop immediately if THAT system of justice was implemented.

As the others have said, due process is a joke now. It's so far from what it was meant to be that it's no longer recognizable. It's bread and circuses, nothing else. Sure, if by some miracle they could fix the system I'd be the biggest supporter, but I don't see that happening anytime soon.

The small town that I live in still practices law the way it's been practiced here for decades - old-boy clubs, pay-offs, crooked politicians and nasty power-tripping cops. It's a travesty of justice. Yet the people meekly submit to it - they've been conditioned to accept it as "business as usual". They actually do not see anything wrong with it.

And the younger generation that DOES see the problems doesn't hang around to try to fix them, because they know they aren't fixable - they just leave town as soon as possible.

a

What swamp do these politicians crawl out of? If loopy Hickenlooper thinks that's as hard as it get, he should try being a parent of one of those kids. A typical example of a politcian being out of touch with reality, buying into a slimeball lawyer's seedy defense of his client having undiagnosed bipolar disease 20 years ago...how ya gonna prove that!!

So sorry you're stuck with such an idiot for a gov SeaBreeze..not the first time I've heard of his antics. Better luck next election time.

I'm sure he's more worried that if he allows the execution, he'll lose favor in the eyes of some of his political buddies and supporters, the hell with the people that were killed and their families. They'll get over it...but he has to brighten his path in life so he can be president one day, with enough $$$$$ and filth behind him. :mad: Even without the bipolar scam, he would never want to take the life of anyone, it's just not a nice thing to do. :rolleyes:

I'm having trouble deciding on this debate. On one hand, yes I agree that the punishment should match the crime. So in this case, serving a life sentence in a cell - never to be released is imprisonment just like he imprisoned those poor girls. As for the sexual assaults = put him in the general population of the prison and he will get his! I also have a hard time believing that any human who could do what he did to those girls is sane - there has to be something wrong with his brain.... And.... like it or not, civilization has evolved to the point that we do have a justice system which is also evolving. It may not always get the end result that the bulk of society wants, but thank the heavens we do have a system of some kind. It too makes mistakes as we have seen DNA testing resulting in overturning previous rape and murder convictions. As for the death penalty - I really don't know. Whoever injects the needle or pulls the switch must also have a disorder in my mind to be able to live with what they do for a living which is causing the death of someone. It is complicated but I tend to lean towards letting our justice system do the work that it is intended to do.

Oh, I'm just getting carried away. What I'm trying to stress is that when we do to monsters as they have done, we become monsters ourselves. Try the guy, find him guilty and execute him. That's all.

Oh, I'm just getting carried away. What I'm trying to stress is that when we do to monsters as they have done, we become monsters ourselves. Try the guy, find him guilty and execute him. That's all.

So you don't believe that it is possible to single-handedly carry out a "sentence" on someone like that, yet remain on the side of good? Or are you saying that with every death comes a little death of its own?

Not meaning to flagellate a deceased equine here
sFun_DeadHorse.gif
- just wondering for my OWN philosophical warehouse ...

I'm having trouble deciding on this debate. On one hand, yes I agree that the punishment should match the crime. So in this case, serving a life sentence in a cell - never to be released is imprisonment just like he imprisoned those poor girls. As for the sexual assaults = put him in the general population of the prison and he will get his!

Life sentence in a cell for him (or all 3 brothers) would be a treat. Do you really think he'd (or they) would be kept in the general population after their lawyer gets through all the defenses that they were not mentally fit, or maybe we would be so concerned to put them on suicide watch?? I bet dollars to donuts, that any of those girls would have rather spend those ten years of horror and abuse in that house in a nice cozy jail cell instead, where they were not subjected to cruel torture and had medical care, could watch TV, read and exercise. Some people are just plain evil...how nice that they know they can just plead insanity and get some relaxing daily meds, and be protected in a little bubble...that we all pay for. :rolleyes:

So you don't believe that it is possible to single-handedly carry out a "sentence" on someone like that, yet remain on the side of good? Or are you saying that with every death comes a little death of its own?

Not meaning to flagellate a deceased equine here
sFun_DeadHorse.gif
- just wondering for my OWN philosophical warehouse ...

I would say one can exterminate in the name of "good" but, yes, we carry that extinguished life with us all our days.

I would say one can exterminate in the name of "good" but, yes, we carry that extinguished life with us all our days.

Okay, thank you - that's what I thought you'd say but I wanted to be sure.

And yes, I understand that "good" and "evil" are relative and subjective. I'm thinking of examples where the person is commonly seen by the majority of their peers as being "good", i.e. following the rules of the herd. That would almost certainly eliminate any social stigma.

But the mental aspect, the ghosts that follow us ... yeah, that's a very real thing, but it just might be the price that such a person would have to pay for securing the safety of the herd.

I agree with and am 100% in favour of extreme penalties for crimes that involve kidnapping and robbing others of their precious lives, their sanity, their beauty, and their freedom.

What I will never understand is how anyone could possibly emerge from being kept locked-up in someone's basement for any length of time, without being a complete and total basket-case after.

I mean so far gone that there would be no hope for a return of the old self they once were.

Completely and totally psychologically broken.

If I'm correct this is the case where one of them escaped and alerted a neighbor in Cleveland. It was covered on the news here a whole lot. I don't understand how that man-Castro-could have been such a cold hearted person to do all he did--it's mind boggling.

If I'm correct this is the case where one of them escaped and alerted a neighbor in Cleveland. It was covered on the news here a whole lot. I don't understand how that man-Castro-could have been such a cold hearted person to do all he did--it's mind boggling.
Thank the heavens above for the one girls escape.

The man seemed to be without morals to do what he did yet he hung himself in jail. Makes me wonder if he had any remorse or if he hung himself for another reason.

I think all three of the women are doing well now. Of course I realize they've been horribly traumatized, too. One of them does a missing persons spot on a local tv network every day now for the past several years.

Back