Missouri couple greet marching protesters with guns

Basically Miss Ellie told the guy who had turned up at her door to leave and then asked her son Ray to get the shotgun. She made it clear that anyone on her property that wasn't invited was a trespasser. The man left without any hesitation (I think he was a media guy) . Camper6, if you click on the the letters cc you will get subtitles. Hope that helps. ☺
Thanks but I have an old system on my main computer and it loads and plays very slowly.
I much rather people supply a summary and the video as well. Then if I am interested I can load it on my cell phone or tablet which is much faster.

Not threatening enough? Not in my opinion. Someone breaking anything to get in anywhere is a threat in my opinion. You see you are forgiving the protestors for breaking into private property but you are relentless on the couple? Come on put on those granny panties and give the protestors a piece of your mind and you can give the couple a couple of shots as well.:devilish:

Not threatening enough, considering the couple have been charged.
This may be a problem for the Prosecutor. The handgun was a fake and the rifle was empty and no ammo was found. Still, the Prosecutor decided to file the charges, which will go nowhere since the AG made a statement that he intends to ask for a dismissal of the charges in court.

This could be a problem for the Prosecutor. In many states when a D.A. or Prosecutor brings charges knowing that no threat existed, they can face disbarment. This is considered a serious offense in several states. I don't know where Missouri stands on this rule of law.

One other thing. Anyone that would wave an empty gun at a mob is somewhat mental, or I would at least think so. If the mob sees you waving a gun at them, they are more than likely to take it as a serious threat and maybe also to act first.

This may be a problem for the Prosecutor. The handgun was a fake and the rifle was empty and no ammo was found. Still, the Prosecutor decided to file the charges, which will go nowhere since the AG made a statement that he intends to ask for a dismissal of the charges in court.

This could be a problem for the Prosecutor. In many states when a D.A. or Prosecutor brings charges knowing that no threat existed, they can face disbarment. This is considered a serious offense in several states. I don't know where Missouri stands on this rule of law.

One other thing. Anyone that would wave an empty gun at a mob is somewhat mental, or I would at least think so. If the mob sees you waving a gun at them, they are more than likely to take it as a serious threat and maybe also to act first.
Were they waving it at them or just waving it in the air? I have a hard time viewing the videos again but from what I remember it looks like to me that she didn't know what she was doing but he knew the law and didn't point it at anyone in a threatening manner.
This is no different than the guys on the steps of the legislature in Michigan with their rifles slung over their shoulders. They weren't charged with anything because Michigan has open carry. Another thing. I keep reading that one of the protestors was armed. I can't prove it.

I can't help but think calls and/or meetings were arranged with the couple to tutor them on how things will go down once they do this, and do that, and hide those, and follow these instructions, and comply with that, etc.

IMO, if this case is tossed, it just confirms and bolsters everything I already know about the justice system in general. It's as sleazy, slimy, greasy, filthy, and underhanded as it get's, with an endless array of corrupt scum at the top.

As for the couple in question, my husband analyzed the video and shook his head the entire way through.

As for the couple waving empty guns at the crowd (which I don't believe the guns were empty for a second), they should count their blessings that they're still above ground.

I can't help but think calls and/or meetings were arranged with the couple to tutor them on how things will go down once they do this, and do that, and hide those, and follow these instructions, and comply with that, etc.

IMO, if this case is tossed, it just confirms and bolsters everything I already know about the justice system in general. It's as sleazy, slimy, greasy, filthy, and underhanded as it get's, with an endless array of corrupt scum at the top.

As for the couple in question, my husband analyzed the video and shook his head the entire way through.

As for the couple waving empty guns at the crowd (which I don't believe the guns were empty for a second), they should count their blessings that they're still above ground.
The guy is a lawyer and from watching I think he knew what he was doing and he also knew the law.
You do realize that the mob came by again.? This time they sat back and had security people take care of it.

Of course the law had their weapons in their possession. I keep saying. On your own property the law is on your side. This was not a peaceful demonstration by the protestors.

Not threatening enough, considering the couple have been charged.

Read up about the prosecutor. She's a) rabidly partisan; b) supremely incompetent (her staff is down to 20 from 50 because no one will work for her) and c) corrupt (she paid a big fine for misuse of campaign funds). She's the one who's "sleazy, slimy, greasy, filthy, and underhanded" to use your words.

Seriously?!? Are you saying in your state or others individuals who are being threatened with a gun need to somehow know or find out if there is ammo in it before considering it a threat? or, for that matter, to get close enough to determine that a gun was fake?

The guy is a lawyer and from watching I think he knew what he was doing and he also knew the law.
You do realize that the mob came by again.? This time they sat back and had security people take care of it.

Of course the law had their weapons in their possession. I keep saying. On your own property the law is on your side. This was not a peaceful demonstration by the protestors.

1. About the "on your own property" part of this, I already raised this. Are you saying that anything you do is all right as long as YOU are on your own property? The mob was out in the street, which is not the couple's "own property."

2. It may have not been a peaceful demonstration, if by "peaceful" you mean soft voices, polite consideration, etc. But it was not violent either. Nobody was hurt.

Seriously?!? Are you saying in your state or others individuals who are being threatened with a gun need to somehow know or find out if there is ammo in it before considering it a threat? or, for that matter, to get close enough to determine that a gun was fake?
You have me confused. The Prosecutor is at fault here. Prosecutors or D.A's cannot file false charges and since she knew that the handgun was fake and the rifle was empty and no ammo was available, and still decided to file a charge, she could be found guilty of malfeasance of office and removed and eventually disbarred. However, I would not be waving an empty or fake gun at a mob. The mob may decide that they are now being threatened and decide to act.

This Prosecutor has been in trouble before with the law. How she has kept her position is unclear to me.

Does that clear it up?

You have me confused. The Prosecutor is at fault here. Prosecutors or D.A's cannot file false charges and since she knew that the handgun was fake and the rifle was empty and no ammo was available, and still decided to file a charge, she could be found guilty of malfeasance of office and removed and eventually disbarred. However, I would not be waving an empty or fake gun at a mob. The mob may decide that they are now being threatened and decide to act.

This Prosecutor has been in trouble before with the law. How she has kept her position is unclear to me.

Does that clear it up?
No, not really. I'd think the issue would be whether the "protesters" believed the guns were real and contained ammo, rather than what the prosecutor eventually learned about the guns.

1. About the "on your own property" part of this, I already raised this. Are you saying that anything you do is all right as long as YOU are on your own property? The mob was out in the street, which is not the couple's "own property."

2. It may have not been a peaceful demonstration, if by "peaceful" you mean soft voices, polite consideration, etc. But it was not violent either. Nobody was hurt.
On your own property means there is protections available not normally available out in public. The castle laws for instance. I should be able to carry a gun on my own property for protection much easier than walking into a pub for instance.
Peaceful demonstrations have an obligation to be peaceful. Hollering threats and disrupting the peace and blocking traffic to me is not peaceful. It's disruptful and infringes on people's privacy. They were calling on the mayor to resign and used a private road to do it.

No, not really. I'd think the issue would be whether the "protesters" believed the guns were real and contained ammo, rather than what the prosecutor eventually learned about the guns.
No doubt the intent would be to have the protestors believe the guns were real. The point is. Was what they did legal? It depends on state law. Did the protestors issue any threats real or fake threats.? If they just walked by and kept quiet then that would make a difference.

Back