Most Americans who haven’t gotten a vaccine say they don’t plan to

You are still mistaken. It is not stupid or ignorant to choose not to get vaccinated - just as it is not stupid or ignorant to get vaccinated.
Everyone is entitled to make their own health decisions. You do not have the right to make health decisions for others. If you think you do, you are what's known as a "Controller."
I didn’t make a health decision for anyone but me, I said people are ignorant and they are, IMO. I said I won’t be saddened as much by their deaths, and I won’t, I said very few people are barred from getting vaccinated for medical reasons.

Read what I wrote, again. I am not wrong and you do not get to decide who is wrong and who is right although you continually try.

Since you do try, you are a CONTROLLER. 😂😂😂. Oh gosh, can’t stop laughing.

I'm certainly ignorant as defined by "lacking knowledge of the thing specified" in regards to my autoimmune concerns. Hoping I won't be in a year or so.
Exactly, I should have written ignorant instead of stupid, that was a mistake on my part. I did not know how my Addison’s would be effected by the virus and didn’t care. I wanted to be vaccinated, I got vaccinated.

Anti-vaxxers are motivated by fear
Since when has being motivated by fear a bad thing? If I see a car coming straight for me, I'm going to be motivated to run the other way. I'm not going to stand there and yell "BRING IT ON!". Being crippled by fear is a whole other thing.

So it comes down to whether the fear is warranted or not. The answer to that is research and knowledge. Unless anyone knows everything there is to know about Covid vaccines, and no one does, then no one should accuse antivaxxers of not getting vaccinated out of fear.

Last edited:
Heard (through the grapevine ) over 9000 people have died from the vaccine in the US. I can't varify this nor give the name of the person who told me that.
If I had it to do over, I personally would NOT get the vaccine!
But you had an allergic reaction and that makes you a special case 😍

We got our vaccinations several weeks ago. We now feel a bit of relief when we venture out in public....knowing that we are probably protected under most circumstances. Prior to getting the shots, we were always a bit concerned about everyone and everything we might come into contact with. Only time will tell just how effective these vaccines are....from a physical standpoint, but getting vaccinated sure took a load of "anxiety" off our shoulders.

My son got vaccinated. He is total care. He has quad cp, brain damage, a seizure disorder, mild mental retardation, a history of cancer, a history of repeated pneumonia, GI issues, and on and on and on. He got vaccinated as he wished to stop staying home.

My son with DS, several medical issues many lungs issues, was super excited to get vaccinated as he no longer wished to stay home, and wanted to resume regular life. I got vaccinated and have many serious medical issues including Addison disease.

I will change the word stupid to ignorant. True some people cannot get the vaccine for medical reason, but that would be very very few people, IMO.
In your opinion very few. That's just your opinion, no one can know the actual numbers of how many.
Its not ignorance, its Their right to chose.

Well, if we've lived this long without one, it begs the question why? I think lots of young people will get the vaccine though, and that will tip the vaxxed way into the plus column so herd immunity will be achieved if that is the aim of this.
That is the aim. And based on recent statements from doctors, they aren't upset about the current numbers. They're pretty optimistic.

If a person has existing health conditions that might create reactions to these vaccines....or they rarely get together with any family or friends, or they seldom venture into any venues of crowds of people, they might very well consider these vaccines unnecessary. However, if they are fairly active and healthy, and enjoy getting out of the house, getting vaccinated becomes increasingly important...given all the unknowns of this virus.

If this virus isn't brought under control in coming months, and it doesn't continue to mutate into even worse variants, I can easily see the day coming where it will be Mandatory to present some sort of ID that shows that an individual has been vaccinated before they are allowed to go anywhere.

While the numbers appear to be improving in some areas, others are getting worse. Unless strict travel, etc., regulations are implemented, and enforced, this virus will continue to spread, and ultimately result in forcing everyone who doesn't want to stay home 24/7, to get vaccinated.

If a person has existing health conditions that might create reactions to these vaccines....or they rarely get together with any family or friends, or they seldom venture into any venues of crowds of people, they might very well consider these vaccines unnecessary. However, if they are fairly active and healthy, and enjoy getting out of the house, getting vaccinated becomes increasingly important...given all the unknowns of this virus.

If this virus isn't brought under control in coming months, and it doesn't continue to mutate into even worse variants, I can easily see the day coming where it will be Mandatory to present some sort of ID that shows that an individual has been vaccinated before they are allowed to go anywhere.

While the numbers appear to be improving in some areas, others are getting worse. Unless strict travel, etc., regulations are implemented, and enforced, this virus will continue to spread, and ultimately result in forcing everyone who doesn't want to stay home 24/7, to get vaccinated.
Hi, Don. I wanted to share an article with you about about virus mutations but I forgot to save it. I'll try to find it later. But I think you'll like this one. It explains why finding the "culprit animal" is important.

https://www.npr.org/sections/goatsa...-stop-sars-cov-2-how-do-find-the-next-big-one

Do you suppose if this vaccine hadn't been rushed and had been proven safe that more would be willing?
Respectfully, I totally disagree. If the vaccine hadn't been rushed, many more would be dead and or dying now. Life and citizenship come with responsibilities to each other. The civilized world can't and doesn't revolve just around me or you. The vaccine works, it's a lifesaver.

Respectfully, I totally disagree. If the vaccine hadn't been rushed, many more would be dead and or dying now. Life and citizenship come with responsibilities to each other. The civilized world can't and doesn't revolve just around me or you. The vaccine works, it's a lifesaver.
But to Marci's actual question, "if the vaccine had been proven safe would more people be willing?" - I'd say Yes, I'm pretty sure they would.

Exactly, I should have written ignorant instead of stupid, that was a mistake on my part. I did not know how my Addison’s would be effected by the virus and didn’t care. I wanted to be vaccinated, I got vaccinated.

I'm thankful we all have a choice. One of my newer autoimmune diagnosis (it apparently hasn't always been thought to be autoimmune but my doctors think so due to recent research, my other diagnosis and age of onset) is axillary hidradentatis supperativa. I'm in Stage I and have it controlled with lifestyle changes including no antiperspirants ever again (can use alcohol based sprays and wipes like EO lavender), no underarm shaving or epilating --only close trims, even more supplements. I wouldn't advise looking up pics (esp Stage III) unless you like to look at gross stuff. If the HS lesions come back and progress to advanced stages, I won't care what kills me ....I'll just want to go and would strongly consider taking the matter into my own hands.

Since no mRNA delivered therapies before the emergency vaccines have ever made it through clinical trials (in part halted due to autoimmune promotion), then I'm thankful to have the choice to wait and see.

Hi, Don. I wanted to share an article with you about about virus mutations but I forgot to save it. I'll try to find it later. But I think you'll like this one. It explains why finding the "culprit animal" is important.

https://www.npr.org/sections/goatsa...-stop-sars-cov-2-how-do-find-the-next-big-one

Yes, animal to human disease transfer is always an issue. The most common disease is probably rabies....if a pet dog gets infected. I used to like to deer hunt, but then something called "chronic wasting disease" began to infect the deer population...so now, I just enjoy watching the deer. It is certainly possible that pets could be a factor in how this virus is mutating. There is just SO much unknown about this, and other illnesses.

.... I suspect that most anti-vaxxers are motivated by fear.

Be careful in using the terms pro-vaxx and anti-vaxx as though there are two camps in regards to vaccines. There is a third, large group of people who wish to see safer vaccines and are skeptical of the ever-burgeoning schedule with scant studies for all the added boosters, ect.

With liability immunity in the US for vaccines, they're a risk free (from a monetary damages consequences) cash cow for pharmaceutical companies.

But to Marci's actual question, "if the vaccine had been proven safe would more people be willing?" - I'd say Yes, I'm pretty sure they would.
And it has been proven safe. So what are we up to 86 million vaccines? At some point responsible and reasonable people have to ask, so what does it take?
Doses givenFully vaccinated% of population fully vaccinated
213M
+1.81M
+1,810,000
86.2M
+858K
+858,000
26.3%

And it has been proven safe. So what are we up to 86 million vaccines? At some point responsible and reasonable people have to ask, so what does it take?
Doses givenFully vaccinated% of population fully vaccinated
213M
+1.81M
+1,810,000
86.2M
+858K
+858,000
26.3%
It's safety is being questioned by laypeople, the people who decide whether or not they want to be vaccinated. People who aren't convinced that it's safe, despite any charts or whatever, aren't likely to get vaccinated.

Heard (through the grapevine ) over 9000 people have died from the vaccine in the US. I can't varify this nor give the name of the person who told me that.
That is absolute, utter nonsense, Gaer! Why would you even want to continue spreading such lies? This article does say that 8000 people in the U.S. die every day from ALL CAUSES. There is no evidence that anyone has died from the vaccine. Here's the link:

https://www.npr.org/2021/03/25/9800...-misleading-facts-fuel-vaccine-misinformation

Do you suppose if this vaccine hadn't been rushed and had been proven safe that more would be willing?

No. But if our "public health leaders" would tell people that you don't have to wear a mask or sequester yourself after getting the vaccine, then maybe more people would get it. What's the point of getting the vaccine if you have to mask up and live like a shut-in anyway?

Gaer, there is absolutely no verification for that. The grapevine is full of stuff, some true, some not.

Back