"Moving Day" is 2 days away

Heck, I just Google mapped you, Denise - you've got a Home Depot, a Starbucks and a Pizza Hut in your town - you're all set to wake up, buy some tools and have dinner! :D

Yes, and I was so glad to see the Grocery Outlet, and a Walmart Super Center, lol!

Denise, your sense of excitement is palpable and infectious. I'm so pleased to hear that you have come through this difficult time and the sun is now rising on a new future. Your positive attitude and determination have been inspiring. Thanks for sharing your journey with us.

I wish you good luck and peaceful dreams and may you find many good friends close to your front door.

Hi Dame, so good to see you;) I sure wasn't always positive, but hey, it is well, worth the wait. I met some nice peeps when I was up there. There was this one, little gal (I think maybe late 70s) and she was a pistol, lol;) I don't have a private patio, but a really, nice "shared" one where I can sit out and star-gaze. There was another lady that was all excited that I loved star-gazing since it's one of her fave things too;)

I'll just be glad to really be settled. I can't think of any reason why I won't be for some time. Except Crescent City has been hit by 2 Tsunamis that I know of. They tell me we are safe, out of the zone I guess. Oh well, I'll keep my kayak handy, LOL!

Sounds exciting Denise,and I am glad you are happy,and its good fun op shopping and finding things that are different.
Enjoy your new home and surroundings.

Hi Nan, it is so much fun to pick out new stuff (or even just "new" to me). Thank you for your note, and see you soon, denise

So happy for you, Denise. It know you'll have fun "feathering your nest".

Hmm, feathers?? That's a cool idea;) Thanks Jujube, and good to see you, denise;)

Like to have a pic to hang on the wall like this!

23763399509_c563c48751_b.jpg

Glad to hear your good news Denise, sounds like fun moving in and putting in your personal touches. I love your shower curtain too, anything with nature and wildlife has got to bring peace! :)

Thanks to all of you:) I am thinking about saving up for one of these too. I like the colors of this one, but I am not sure where in my place it might look good. Maybe when I show you guys some pics of the place you can help me;)

k2-_ab76316d-6186-4f89-805f-f6a0aeef1807.v1.jpg

I love Crescent City....actually the whole north coast and on up into Oregon. Been through there several times. There's a state park not too far away called Patrick's Point that I love to camp in when I'm traveling. Good wishes to you in your new haven!!

I love Crescent City....actually the whole north coast and on up into Oregon. Been through there several times. There's a state park not too far away called Patrick's Point that I love to camp in when I'm traveling. Good wishes to you in your new haven!!

So many have recommended that park to me Dee:) I am from Oregon, and have so missed the coast, as well as my home inland, (where I was raised) Winston/Lookingglass. I was happy to know about the place in CC because it is so close to Oregon, and I do have thoughts of getting back to where I grew up;)

Thanks much, for your note, denise:)

Congrats Denise, you deserve it!

I don't know about deserving it, but I must have someone "upstairs" watching over me, lol;) Ty 'lilly, denise

YAY! So happy for you Denise, may you have many peaceful restful nights in your new place. It will be such fun making it a real place to call home with all your persona creature comforts. :)

Hi April, it will be fun, today, tomorrow, and on the road early Friday;) Barring any road hazards since both Oregon and CA have been having mudslides, but at least we are getting much needed rain;) denise

Ohhhhhhhhhhhh! Know what, honey? I moved from place to place to place in the Army and loved the redecorating!

But the best move we made was to our home here in NC. It is all ours! Paid for, and woooohoooo!

It's soooooo much fun to decorate, then say, "Hmmmm, let's change this or that..." later.

I love how you have gone about this!

Got to move in yesterday!! Omygosh, so much to tell, but have a bunch of groceries to put away. People are just so cool here, mostly older, and a neat meeting area for games, cards, puzzles, and a bunch of internet junkies like me too!! LOL!!

Ok ladies, and gents;) Help me out here. I took a few "before" shots, looks like hell broke loose, but, the bathroom curtain I managed to install, LOL!

Need any of your ideas on color of towels, etc., that would look nice, but not too much more dark, or "male'ish" (is that a word) LOL! Crap, this is such a tiny town but it has soooooo many thriftstores/garage-sales, and just cool stores like Walmart Supercenter and Grocery Outlet;)

Color advise (just for the bathroom).

Oh, photos, here they are, remember, these are "befores" LOL;) denise PS 1st is the bbq/patio everyone gathers in Spring Summer 2nd is my 3rd floor patio/shared but few enjoy it so that's where I can do my best star-gazing 3rd is bathroom, duh;) and 4th is what I see from my bed at night, although, this is overcast today, but lastnight I saw the trees with tons of stars overhead:)

garden area.jpg

IMG_20160108_163914486_HDR.jpg

IMG_20160108_163629258.jpg

IMG_20160108_163730456.jpg

I'm havin a blast, but man am I tired, lol;) I had the best workout today just getting everything unloaded;) Now, I need to start looking for furniture but I've heard of lots of sources in the area:) 2 really good thriftshops I want to look at, and possibly a garage sale going on this weekend;) Ty AS, it is fun! I needed this, and will enjoy the new-ness of it all. I feel that my life is going to be much fuller, living up here;) denise

I'm havin a blast, but man am I tired, lol;) I had the best workout today just getting everything unloaded;) Now, I need to start looking for furniture but I've heard of lots of sources in the area:) 2 really good thriftshops I want to look at, and possibly a garage sale going on this weekend;) Ty AS, it is fun! I needed this, and will enjoy the new-ness of it all. I feel that my life is going to be much fuller, living up here;) denise

It's the good kind of tired though isn't it? Good thing you have a pickup to get all the things you need. I always enjoyed moving and decorating a new place. Remember to share pics as you get things sorted!

Woohoo! Denise, I'm tickled beyond words that you have a home to call your own again. I bet you're out scouting stuff right now, aren't you? Happy garage "sailing" to you!

Did you have your salmon for supper last night? The three best things about a new place to live: the first meal, the first sleep and the first wake up!

Happy new home:D:D

Edited to add: I meant to ask...will they allow you to have a furry friend?

Back