Moving Progress

My energy is rapidly flagging. When I first started moving, I was taking two carloads a day to my new house. After about 10 days, it was one carload. This morning I started out with exuberant intent, but after sorting through things the back porch, I was too exhausted to load the car and drive up there. I filled my trash bin to overflowing. though.
What a difference in moving.

We put family pics, clothing, my tools, tableware, dishes, new Kitchen Aid stand mixer, bathroom towels, sheets & blankets in our van & moved. Our sons picked out what they wanted. The last items to complete emptying our 3600 sq. foot 5 bedroom home went to charity.

We paid cash for our 3 bedroom rancher. After 4 days of driving across country we got to our home & parked the van in the garage. For 3 nights we stayed at a hotel. During the days we went shopping for whatever was needed for our new home. Between shopping & being at our new home to receive & set up it took about 3 days to make the transition complete.

Real phone books could become collectable like the old Sears catalogs.

Don't take it to the outhouse just yet deb!
Maybe so, but not in our lifetime or our children's or probably even our grandchildren's. They'll eventually be a curiosity, sure, but not for another hundred years or so.

Pitch the phone book, Deb. Please. 🙏

Last edited:

Back