Mug Shots

RadishRose

SF VIP
d7c2b9ad2255ac1957cdfc982eb2f4fa.jpg

The Sham-Wow Guy

shlomimugshot1.jpg

Vince Shlomi, better known as The ShamWow Guy, was arrested in February 2009 after he got into a bloody hotel room fight with a Miami hooker. According to the TV pitchman, he paid Sasha Harris $1000 for "straight sex," but when he tried to kiss the working girl, she bit his tongue and would not let go. Shlomi responded by repeatedly punching Harris in the face in a bid to free his tongue. While both combatants were arrested for felony battery, prosecutors eventually decided not to pursue charges.
http://www.thesmokinggun.com/mugshots/celebrity/television/shamwow-guy

I liked Frank's singing. He may have known more people than some of us do, some people perhaps who perhaps had Sicilian or Italian roots.
One ofthe best profiles of Sanatra is this one by Gay Talese:

"Frank Sinatra Has a Cold" is a profile of Frank Sinatra written by Gay Talese for the April 1966 issue of Esquire. The article is one of the most famous pieces of magazine journalism ever written and is often considered not only the greatest profile of Frank Sinatra but one of the greatest celebrity profiles ever written.

I've read it about three times just for the benefit of reading good writing.

RR, I didn't recognize all of the mugs and had to search a few with the info given in the pics. Here's what I came up with:
Frank, Elvis, Johnny Cash
Jimi Hendrix, Jim Morrison, David Bowie
Mick Jagger, ??, Kurt Cobain

I'm stumped on the bottom row, middle photo. Can someone help?

EDIT: Found the answer to my own question by hunting around the web. Bottom center photo is Janis Joplin.

Last edited:
start spreadin the nooz
im leavin taday
I gotta be a part of it
Noo Yawk NooYawk!

I saw Frank in concert just a year before he retired for good. He wasn’t the Frank we all knew and loved, yet still entertaining. He would forget the words to some of the songs and would begin humming the lines. His son directed the orchestra that night.

RR, I didn't recognize all of the mugs and had to search a few with the info given in the pics. Here's what I came up with:
Frank, Elvis, Johnny Cash
Jimi Hendrix, Jim Morrison, David Bowie
Mick Jagger, ??, Kurt Cobain

I'm stumped on the bottom row, middle photo. Can someone help?

EDIT: Found the answer to my own question by hunting around the web. Bottom center photo is Janis Joplin.
You got it, SS. Yes I should have posted the names. 🙃

Back