My cartoons

OH MY GOSH!

Your cartoons, both the drawings and humor, are incredible, Cheryl! Dare I say that our styles are very similar?

I would enjoy it immensely if we could collaborate on some project!

Until then, I'll submit a cartoon/meme with one of your cartoons that made me laugh out loud:

gaer.jpg

(I'm in a wood carving/making memes stage at the present.)

Thank you Davey, for your kind words. I'm doing 3D figures too. (attached). About collaborating, May i think about it? I'm into a tremendous amount of creations and activities right now. However, i don't do computer art. You are WAY ahead of me on that!
Let me kick this around and get back with you, O.K.?

Attachments

• 451.JPG
    451.JPG
    52.4 KB · Views: 2
  • 453.JPG
    453.JPG
    88.7 KB · Views: 3
  • 454.JPG
    454.JPG
    70 KB · Views: 2
Thank you Davey, for your kind words. I'm doing 3D figures too. (attached). About collaborating, May i think about it? I'm into a tremendous amount of creations and activities right now. However, i don't do computer art. You are WAY ahead of me on that!
Let me kick this around and get back with you, O.K.?
You're welcome for my kind words, Cheryl. They are rightly deserved. Love your figures! What medium?

I would encourage you to continue with your tremendous amount of creations and activities and you wouldn't need to know how to do computer art- merely keeping on keeping on!

old man snoring.jpg

You're welcome for my kind words, Cheryl. They are rightly deserved. Love your figures! What medium?

I would encourage you to continue with your tremendous amount of creations and activities and you wouldn't need to know how to do computer art- merely keeping on keeping on!

View attachment 126307
This is INTERESTING! I must ponder on this! I like what you're doing with my figures and cartoons.
As to the medium: I experiment with varied clays. i've done a lot of woodcarving too. Clay is much easier and more fun!
What is the big picture? Do you have any marketing ideas? What is your vision?

The big picture, thank you very much for asking, Cheryl, is that I'm retired from working as a nurse for 36 years and desire to do my art all day long!

I did a public art thing, shows, street cartooning, murals, commissions, publications, etc. back in the mid 90's to the early 'aughts. When doing art became more business than pleasure, and I got a position making the best money of my life, I hung up my public art guns. I have been doing art primarily for my own sanity and pleasure every since.

Cool clay sculptures! Do you have a cartoon character of yourself? I can see Davey Do and Cheryl in a comic act...

jerry's office.jpg

Last edited:
Remembering Saturday Night Live in the 1970's
Remember how it opened, with the two stone god's hold a conversation
and/or the 'Mr. Bill' murdering the little fella?
Hint, hint, hint Gaer and Davet DO
(Haven't tuned in SNL in a decade-not funny)

The captions are great
Which comes first the drawing or the caption or are they a mixture of both?

Thank you, Jerry. Great question! Remember the 60's TV show "My World And Welcome To It"? William Windom played a James Thurber-like cartoonist, and in one episode, he drew a cartoon of a dragon and something else. His publisher asked him what the caption was going to be and Mr. Wisdom's character rattled off a couple of ideas. His publisher said, "NOBODY draws a cartoon and THEN adds the caption!"

Although I was only about 10 years old, that situation stuck with me. And it's like you say: "a mixture of both" and more. For example, years ago, I might get an idea and say to myself, "No- that's dumb". But then I learned that if I just sketch the idea, better ideas pop into my head. The idea, for me, is the priming of the pump.

I could pontificate prolifically, but that's the gist. Thanks again for your question, Jerry!

Back