My Dr. Visit and What is Happening

Ruthanne, I have not read all of the posts but have to contacted Hospice to see if they can take you to appointments?
Thanks

but I have a car to get to appointments but what I don't have is someone to go with me to a procedure I need to have done so I'm looking for someone for a future appointment.
Also, I am not getting hospice care at this point.

That's a tough decision to have to make, Ruthanne. I don't know what I would do in your situation. You are obviously thinking long and hard about it, so in all probability, the decision you make will be the right one, for you.

That's a tough decision to have to make, Ruthanne. I don't know what I would do in your situation. You are obviously thinking long and hard about it, so in all probability, the decision you make will be the right one, for you.
Yes, I am thinking a lot but still have time to see how my prognosis goes. Thank you for your post.

An update:

I just called a medical services and electronically signed up for services in my city for medical assistance--I saw by the documents they sent me that they have a lot of various services I may use. One of the services is nutritional assistance. I will find out if they have people to go with you for medical procedures. I will have an assessment on Tuesday. I'll see how that goes.

Thanks

but I have a car to get to appointments but what I don't have is someone to go with me to a procedure I need to have done so I'm looking for someone for a future appointment.
Also, I am not getting hospice care at this point.
thank goodness at least you got your car fixed Ruthanne, otherwise you might have to rely on other people to take you to appointments , and I know you're too independent for that... (y) hopefully you'll get someone to accompany you tho'

thank goodness at least you got your car fixed Ruthanne, otherwise you might have to rely on other people to take you to appointments , and I know you're too independent for that... (y) hopefully you'll get someone to accompany you tho'
Yes. I can use my car now but before I had my car I was taking cabs and that was a real PITA.

I'm pretty sure Medicare now covers transportation to and from med appointments. Doctor's office might have that info for you, and maybe a number to call too.

If I were in your shoes (and I do have liver disease, it's just not very serious at this point), I would be in the same quandary. I don't think, for me, a transplant would be worth the extra 5 to 10 years - the longevity rate I read in an article about it. You might look into that aspect of it. And, speaking for myself, I'd rather the liver I got went to a younger person who probably has kids.
I agree. I too have liver problems not getting a transplant. My kidney situation is more pressing with one kidney already removed and stage three failure in the other kidney. I have made the decision not to get a transplant when and if the time comes. I have also decided against dialysis.

I‘d just rather pass on to what’s next, and if nothing is next, well, I’ll never know it. 😂

I agree. I too have liver problems not getting a transplant. My kidney situation is more pressing with one kidney already removed and stage three failure in the other kidney. I have made the decision not to get a transplant when and if the time comes. I have also decided against dialysis.

I‘d just rather pass on to what’s next, and if nothing is next, well, I’ll never know it. 😂
Yeah, I feel I've done all I really want and need to do with my life at this point, so I wouldn't mind letting go of it. But it's a personal choice and if someone wants to fight to stay I say more power to them; I'll be their cheerleader.

Well that's your prerogative and your right to choose but I have my right to choose too and am younger too.

Yeah, I feel I've done all I really want and need to do with my life at this point, so I wouldn't mind letting go of it. But it's a personal choice and if someone wants to fight to stay I say more power to them; I'll be their cheerleader.
I agree with you about fighting to stay. For me i am ready to go also. I don't want to have to take the meds involved with a transplant, etc. Mine will be a brain aneurysm that has acted up twice besides the first time that resulted in a massive stroke. I was put into a medically induced coma for 6 weeks. When it happens again I have made the necessary arrangements to let me go, no coma and then years of therapy as I had before. Then I was 50 and it made sense.

Does not make sense now at 74. Just let me go peacefully is all I ask.

Well that's your prerogative and your right to choose but I have my right to choose too and am younger too.
I don’t think age has anything to do with it, IMO. My mother is 95 and she is determined never to die and gets any and all recommend medical treatment available. I never said you did not have a right to choose. I merely agreed with Murr and his choice.

I feel I have stayed this long for my children, especially my one son. But, there comes a point, where we do what’s right for us; and my choice is right for me. I only hope and pray, when push comes to shove, I can stick with my decision. Only time will tell.

As for you, or anyone else, do what you want. I never said anything different. @Ruthanne

signed up for services in my city for medical assistance
This was a great and positive, worthwhile step, you took, Ruthanne!

Last night, when I was thinking of you ( as I told you I would ;) )
I thought that a possible option would be for you to get onto the list, at whatever future point that it's easy and possible for you to get on it,
and then, later than that, farther in the future, you could assess and decide with more info, much later on, when you actually came near to the top of that list.

You might know better then rather than now, what decisions are right for you and for your dependents too.
Just sharing my idea, in case it helps you in any way, with your thinking. :)

This was a great and positive, worthwhile step, you took, Ruthanne!

Last night, when I was thinking of you ( as I told you I would ;) )
I thought that a possible option would be for you to get onto the list, at whatever future point that it's easy and possible for you to get on it,
and then, later than that, farther in the future, you could assess and decide with more info, much later on, when you actually came near to the top of that list.

You might know better then rather than now, what decisions are right for you and for your dependents too.
Just sharing my idea, in case it helps you in any way, with your thinking. :)
I like that idea and thank you for that.

An update:

I just called a medical services and electronically signed up for services in my city for medical assistance--I saw by the documents they sent me that they have a lot of various services I may use. One of the services is nutritional assistance. I will find out if they have people to go with you for medical procedures. I will have an assessment on Tuesday. I'll see how that goes.
That sounds great Ruthanne, good move! (y)

I agree, I can't really say how I'd feel or what I'd do until I'm in that health situation. I admire those who put up a heartfelt fight and I wish them the best. I'll be cheerleading right next to you. :)

One very important lesson that I have learned from everything that I have been though recently, "Do what the doctor tells you to do and take your medicine." And, don't read so much about what's troubling you on the Internet.

Same here. However if I had a reason to give a crap it might be different. Who knows? To each their own.

Same here. However if I had a reason to give a crap it might be different. Who knows? To each their own.
I found a reason to give a crap. I want my 2 & 1/2 year old grandson to remember me for the rest of his life and pass on stories about me to his own kids, including making fun of me and my ways. To do that I figure I must be in relatively good health and live for the next 20 years (at least). Hopefully I won't get dementia, but if I do, I hope it's the kind he can find amusing and laugh about.

That's my plan.

Back