My Final Resting Place Is Paid For

Well, I've made a decision. I'm not going. Seeing how much trouble it is for the arrangements I think it's best I don't go. See, It's not like you're going to Pittsburgh. THAT trip is easy. Buy a ticket and go. As for when one takes that final "vacation" It's so much trouble. Funeral place, church services or whatever, that final limo ride, cemetery services and then into the ground. OR, one could go for cremation although I have been told that too much sunlight is not THAT good for you and, well, cremation....That is pretty final.

Now, if you will excuse me, I must go for a run. Need to keep myself healthy.

Congratulations to you who have taken care of your final arrangements, no matter the method. For those who haven't, hope you don't leave your loved ones (or whoever) scrambling to make arrangements. Muslims believe one must be interred but if that was not the case and I chose cremation, I would definitely want my ashes to be scattered over the ocean.

So do Christians and Jews. For years I thought the ashes to ashes ,dust to dust was quote from the Bible, then my nephew told me it isn't.
But I don't think it matters that much.

Both my husband and I want to be cremated and we have told our children. My sister had her husband cremated and the Urn she has will fit her ashes also. Her only problem is which of her children will want the urn after she's gone. I told her to tell them they can rotate who has the urn. My Brother and his wife were cremated and their ashes were sprinkled in the Ocean because they loved going on Cruises and they loved the peace being in the Ocean gave them.

Well, I've made a decision. I'm not going. Seeing how much trouble it is for the arrangements I think it's best I don't go. See, It's not like you're going to Pittsburgh. THAT trip is easy. Buy a ticket and go. As for when one takes that final "vacation" It's so much trouble. Funeral place, church services or whatever, that final limo ride, cemetery services and then into the ground. OR, one could go for cremation although I have been told that too much sunlight is not THAT good for you and, well, cremation....That is pretty final.

Now, if you will excuse me, I must go for a run. Need to keep myself healthy.

So you're not going, eh? Pretty cool, dude, pretty cool! :biggrin-new:

When my parents passed more then 20 years ago, hubby and I decided planning early is the better option so as not to leave anything in confusion. Burial plots purchased at that time and last year we bought the headstone. Gotta admit, kinda chilling seeing your name there. *gulp*

Spouse did want to be buried in family cemetary. I said no I didn't want to be snowed on. He claims I don't understand the concept of 'dead.'
He has since changed his mind after buring his mom. He said don't you dare bring me here.

I want both of us to be creamated and turned into a Reef. I think having fish swimming around and through me would be the bomb! I'd connect the outside link on here but am new and don't know if that is 'undesirable.' Goggle living reefs.

TOO funny TL ! :D

That has been the traditional American funeral ever since I've been alive.

Even though my son had an autopsy [because he was young and died at home]
and was not embalmed [so not available for public view] I was able to see him
one last time in his coffin. I am so glad I did because God had a very important
message for me there.

My son and I have a double plot with a gravestone there with his and my name.
KingsX I know this reply is long overdue but I hadn't visited frequently. So sorry to read that you lost a child! I hope happy memories of him bring you some measure of comfort and peace.

Pre-need drives the funeral business. They cannot wait for a funeral, need operating capital throughout the year. (Got this info from mags while waiting in lobby for interview to pay for my cremation.)
Got the spouse in her box in living rooming, some comfort knowing she is still around, need to make a decision about that, but I like having her around.

The cement containers the folks are buried in-horse feather, just another
$ 5-to $700 dollar fee to milk the bereaved.
(They may have a function in mega-cemeteries (the departed would stink up the ground water, but not in small country cemeteries,) That was 20 years ago, cost today?

My mother paid every expense possible prior to her death; funeral home slime ball stated, there is still a $500.0 fee.
I jumped up, I'm gonn'a whip you ass, you thieving %$#*&^_('!!

Sister said, Sit! '
She then told funeral home thief,
'My attorney has contract in his office, friends advised me to place it in his possession (She lived in Detroit, burial occurred in Tx.).'

The thief rattled his papers,,,,,,,'W ell, I sure it's here somewhere, went through contract... Can' t find it at the moment. I'll bill you.'

I again bounced up: '...gonn'a whip you ass.'

Sister whispered, 'You can't attend funeral if you in jail'
'Oh',
damn sister

Last edited:
I actually have two spots paid for. One in the town where I attended High School and one in an old family site where my Great Grandparents, Grand Parents and Mother are buried.

This last year I got a plot in a very rural area in the northwest. They wouldn't take any money for the plot so I will have a permanent marker there but will have my ashes spread over the ranch and in the high country.
I also have bought two plots for us in a local cemetery where my wife will be buried or cremated. There will be a marker there for her and me.
Nothing else has been paid for or planned. We need to get those details taken care of.

Back