My Montana Western art

You certainly have talent and I like the subject matter. Move over Fredric Remington, you have company. You should make your art more public. No sense waiting to be dead to become famous.

You certainly have talent and I like the subject matter. Move over Fredric Remington, you have company. You should make your art more public. No sense waiting to be dead to become famous.
Hahaha! Yeah, right! Remington is one of my very favorite! and James Bama! Can'thold a candle to either of them! But you're so sweet!
John Doe, If you know of a way to get my art out, please let me know!

Last edited:
No! Copy art is not even art, to me! I would never copy another! These are out of my head. I "see" a painting I'm supposed to bring to life, and I paint it. The painting of the Mexican, "The Patriot" was painted in less than a hour. I paint, (or sculpt) VERY QUICKLY! Too quickly, I guess. If I really took my time, I could probably do a lot better.
Holy moly your very spiritual I can see....my ex MIL was the same way, unbelievable;.....wish I had some of that xo

Gaer, as they would say in Liverpool, "You're paintings and sculptures are 'gear'." But I think they are better than most and as good as any. You have a brilliant gift, lass, thank you for letting us all share.

Gaer, You do such a good job of capturing the mood in the faces! Lord knows the faces of the Western old-timer is different than the face back east. It is harder, more grizzled. The faces have been to a few rodeos. These paintings eminate from your thoughts and they all make me want to re-watch Tombstone for the gazillionth time!

Thank you Ben! I'm giving way a free limited edition giclee print of one of my paintings,if you want one. It's under the "free print of Western Art" thread. Let me know!

So very striking.

I'm like others...no talent in this area. Honestly, my handwriting is barely legible. It gave me problems when taking night classes and I could barely decipher my own notes when it came time to study.

My one sister has always been able to draw. She did a chalk of my brothers lab/collie mix for him when the dog passed away. Looked like a photo. She started with a John Gnagy set. I still remember that thing.

I have to say in all honesty. This is excellent work. I am very impressed. On coming back to view the art, I am still struck with the emotion that seems to come out of the faces. That has to be very hard to achieve.

I have to say in all honesty. This is excellent work. I am very impressed. On coming back to view the art, I am still struck with the emotion that seems to come out of the faces. That has to be very hard to achieve.
Ellis, Thank you so much!! One art collector told me once, "You don't paint people. You paint souls!" That was an incredible compliment! And your compliment is wonderful too!

Are you in Taos @Gaer ? I love that area.
... we have enjoyed many trips to N.M. over the years. Such a beautiful state.

Back