N.J. Judge Releases Rapist of 8 Year Old

OneEyedDiva

SF VIP
This infuriates me! How could anyone expected to uphold the law release someone who has done something so heinous to a child?! If he is not even being monitored, how could this judge (a woman at that !!) expect to insure that he will not make contact with other minors? IMO this isn't even a slap on the wrist...it's an insult to the judicial system. It's a good example too why some rape victims don't even bother to report or come forward.
https://nj1015.com/nj-judge-releases-babysitter-charged-with-raping-8-year-old/

New York is doing the same thing. They are not making these perverts pay bail. All the cops can do is take their info and then release them. These Governors that instituted these get out of jail free procedures should have been impeached for failure to protect their citizens.

It’s very well known that these perverts cannot be cured. Having these cons on the street causes a threat to the public and especially to young children.

Last edited:
I have a feeling these judges are not the last word in these asinine decisions; I think they are following orders from higher up. It's hard for me to believe they are this stupid on their own.
They've been releasing violent criminals for years; maybe they need these re-offenses to justify the salaries of cops, attorneys & judges.
A few years ago, there was a big brouhaha about a violent felon who was paroled early & got into a gunfight on a freeway & killed a police officer. What really annoyed me was that a group of police officers complained about the felon being paroled early & resulting in the officer's death.
Why was it only a big deal when a police officer was killed? Why no complaints about the many others killed by paroled offenders? ALL life is valuable - cop or not.
https://www.latimes.com/california/...rside-shooting-that-killed-officer-police-say

They should be put up at his house.
I thought about the Governor’s decision to release convicted murderers for fear of COVID and it made me wonder how someone using his logic ever was elected in the first place. I guess Californians elect people of a certain party, regardless of their intelligence level.

I thought about the Governor’s decision to release convicted murderers for fear of COVID and it made me wonder how someone using his logic ever was elected in the first place. I guess Californians elect people of a certain party, regardless of their intelligence level.
California has had plenty of Republican governors - Arnold Schwarzenegger was the most recent and served from 2003-2011, at which point term limits kicked in.

The 2018 Republican candidate for CA governor (John Cox) was an absolute mess. He'd lost a lawsuit for financial misconduct and had numerous other shady dealings in his past, he couldn't even get enough votes at the CA Republican Convention to obtain the party endorsement, and was a Johnny-Come-Lately to CA (having moved here in 2011).

Very often, people don't find themselves voting in favor of a candidate they love, but against a candidate they find untenable.

I have a feeling these judges are not the last word in these asinine decisions; I think they are following orders from higher up. It's hard for me to believe they are this stupid on their own.
They've been releasing violent criminals for years; maybe they need these re-offenses to justify the salaries of cops, attorneys & judges.
A few years ago, there was a big brouhaha about a violent felon who was paroled early & got into a gunfight on a freeway & killed a police officer. What really annoyed me was that a group of police officers complained about the felon being paroled early & resulting in the officer's death.
Why was it only a big deal when a police officer was killed? Why no complaints about the many others killed by paroled offenders? ALL life is valuable - cop or not.
https://www.latimes.com/california/...rside-shooting-that-killed-officer-police-say

I think you're right about the orders from higher up part. We had a similar situation here when our legislature decided it would be a good idea to pass a law that made it almost impossible for judges to order holding someone in pretrial detention.

Immediately upon its going into effect the public had a fit when people like the ones described above were turned loose on their own recognizance and of course the judges were blamed. In point of fact, it wasn't the judges' fault, because they are bound to obey laws passed by the legislature.

SO, before we blame the judges, let's take a look at what the local laws require of them.

Back