Natural immunity fared better against the Delta variant compared to the vaxxes

Status
Not open for further replies.
My husband is an Anesthesiologist and has worked in a hospital during this entire pandemic and has seen the influx especially during the recent variants of people who have not been vaccinated having to be hospitalized due to the severity of their cases compared to those who were vaccinated who were treated and discharged to recover at home with less severe symptoms.

Once again this is one of those things that can go back and forth with no accomplishment at all so this conversation should just end right here.
Yes, as long as you have the last word. :ROFLMAO: ;)

That's simply your uninformed opinion, probably based on mainstream propaganda, not a fact.
She may be right, take a look at the latest CDC data, just released Friday. Amongst other things they found:

"During both Delta- and Omicron-predominant periods, receipt of a third vaccine dose was highly effective at preventing COVID-19–associated emergency department and urgent care encounters (94% and 82%, respectively) and preventing COVID-19–associated hospitalizations (94% and 90%, respectively)."

They also discuss a general decline in immunity amongst the vaccinated and attribute it in part to Omicron, but found that it still does help reduce risk.

https://www.cdc.gov/mmwr/volumes/71/wr/mm7104e3.htm?s_cid=mm7104e3_x

The question that always enters my mind is how long is all this back and forth bickering with nothing being accomplished going to go on? When it all comes down to it those who feel the vaccine does not work for them will not get it and the others who feel it works and masks are effective will get them and use them. All this other stuff is complete nonsense and what blows my mind it is coming from grown adults. Go about your lives and make your choices whatever they may be, but all this back and forth crap is accomplishing absolutely nothing.
I agree—but I do feel compelled to object when the anti-Vaxers try to persuade others of the “wisdom” of their foolish and downright dangerous ideas.

I agree—but I do feel compelled to object when the anti-Vaxers try to persuade others of the “wisdom” of their foolish and downright dangerous ideas.
I understand. I just feel it doesn't accomplish much of anything other than just putting what you believe to be true out there. It really isn't going to make a difference in anyone's mind. If someone is coming on a forum to post their beliefs they are pretty much set in their thinking.

My husband is an Anesthesiologist and has worked in a hospital during this entire pandemic and has seen the influx especially during the recent variants of people who have not been vaccinated having to be hospitalized due to the severity of their cases compared to those who were vaccinated who were treated and discharged to recover at home with less severe symptoms.

Once again this is one of those things that can go back and forth with no accomplishment at all so this conversation should just end right here.

This is all the more reason why you should contribute because there are vulnerable people out there, who will believe the non-sense the anti- vaxxers spread.
This is why I contribute. There are virologists and scientists in my immediate family. The point is not to "accomplish" anything. The point is to build awareness.

I understand. I just feel it doesn't accomplish much of anything other than just putting what you believe to be true out there. It really isn't going to make a difference in anyone's mind. If someone is coming on a forum to post their beliefs they are pretty much set in their thinking.
I understand, but the value of vaccines, as well as this vaccine, is a proven scientific Fact. Granted that the price of denying reality might be nothing — on the other hand it could well be misery or death. Seems pretty serious to me. One of the reasons for the existence of this and other Internet forums is to provide a platform for legitimate debate.

True, and I personally don't try to convince anyone to change their beliefs, even if they are born from conspiracy and disinformation. However, there are members and readers here who are confused, unsure and on the fence about whether to take a life saving vaccination in the face of a deadly worldwide pandemic. There are a lot of liars and charlatans on social media who prey on the uninformed and gullible, but here on this forum we should try and share facts, reality and truthful information, for the sake of the readers and the country.

The brainwashed will not change, but their lies and false 'information' should be pointed out at least. I'm not big on vaccines, been years since I had the annual flu shot.....but this is a global pandemic where over 800,000 Americans have already died from Covid-19 virus. Still, there are unvaccinated people who are taking up hospital beds and ventilators, dying at much greater numbers and putting an unnecessary burden on our devoted caring healthcare workers.

My husband and I are fully vaccinated and boosted, and if there is another booster recommended, we will be taking it. If we don't unite to fight this deadly virus, we lose and our country loses. I think there has been more than enough death and grieving among us for the past 2+ years, and we could do much better. :(

Charry do you have a clue what Marian Turski was talking about??? He is describing how the Jews were rounded up in Poland and sent to the concentration camps.

For your information, there has been no opposition by Jews about the vaccine. They praise it. The vaccine was developed mainly by Jewish scientists.

Always good to check what you are posting before you post it.
Totally not true. Jews are individual people fyi. Sorry, but that is an incredibly ignorant statement. Dr. Malone, who is very much against this genetic altering shot, is the main creator of this mrna technology masquerading as a vaccine. Hth 🙄

I agree, they are set in their thinking, but I am disturbed when they spread outright falsehoods in times of a deadly pandemic. But I understand how you feel.

I watched a show called Crisis - it made me go hmmmm, an eye opener. I will leave it at that because everyone will have their own perspective..which is perfectly fine.

This is all the more reason why you should contribute because there are vulnerable people out there, who will believe the non-sense the anti- vaxxers spread.
This is why I contribute. There are virologists and scientists in my immediate family. The point is not to "accomplish" anything. The point is to build awareness.
I appreciate this. If I post this information and get nothing but laughed at or comments thrown at me then they are not only being thrown at me , but also my husband and I am not here for any of that.

I understand, but the value of vaccines, as well as this vaccine, is a proven scientific Fact. Granted that the price of denying reality might be nothing — on the other hand it could well be misery or death. Seems pretty serious to me. One of the reasons for the existence of this and other Internet forums is to provide a platform for legitimate debate.
I agree with you. Don't get me wrong I do. The problem is there are many that see no value or minimal value in the vaccines and many also see that the virus itself isn't that serious. What I have experienced and like I have stated here the posts here seem not as a debate at all for the most part. The threads posts here whatever side the information falls on seems only to boast one of the other side. A member stated to me I have only been on the site for a week , but honestly it would have only taken me 1 hour to see right through the true meaning of the majority of these Covid related posts. They are not to debate they are to boast there side and put down the other side. That to me is not a debate.

Charry do you have a clue what Marian Turski was talking about??? He is describing how the Jews were rounded up in Poland and sent to the concentration camps.

For your information, there has been no opposition by Jews about the vaccine. They praise it. The vaccine was developed mainly by Jewish scientists.

Always good to check what you are posting before you post it.
Hopefully she doesn't have a clue. Her reply will be telling.

large print does not make something correct. those who are vaccinated read about and study the issue as well.
You make a great point - however, I disagree. Several people that got vaccinated were clueless. They felt they were pretty safe with 2 injections, now here is the booster...they did not see that coming. My hubby is vaccinated but said he highly doubt if he take the booster.

I did some research on this a while back, and posted what I found then. I tried to look to peer reviewed epidemiological studies, not news reports or opinions. What I found was that the answer is not clear. It does appear that if people who are sick wear a mask they are less likely to spread the virus, or any airborne disease. The evidence showing the protective effect on well people was less clear, there seemed some evidence that masks could help, but not a whole lot. I could find nothing indicating harm of masks.

Wish the answer was clearer, but its not and that's often the way of the world. I wear a mask when asked, and on occasion when not, but I don't get obsessive with it one way or the other. I live in a rural area where masks are rarely seen.

I know some masks are better than others at filtration, but that is not the whole story. Dispersing breath and just impaction rather than filtration can be beneficial in lowering exposure. Part of why I think the epidemiological studies are more informative, rather than looking at the mechanisms of how masks work or don't they look at the question as to if people who mask are less likely to spread or get the virus. However the epidemiological studies are more expensive, take longer, and can be harder to interpret, so they are not as common.
Thank you for posting about your research. Obviously masks that are not worn all the time in potentially high risk situations won't "work". Another thing about masks is they won't work if not worn properly; many folks don't wear them properly. Back when the pandemic first started, half the people I saw were wearing their masks only to cover their mouths. Another thing is that medical masks have too many gaps. Early on in the pandemic, I saw an illustration as to how COVID particles circulate in the air. After viewing that I felt that masks with gaps probably do not offer enough protection. Health officials are now advising that N95s & KN95s offer better protection. I've known this for more than a year and that's all I've been wearing since I was gifted my first one more than a year ago.

The layering and filtration is important. Obviously 5 layers (which the KN05s have) are better than 2 or three. More about which masks are best:
https://www.nbcnewyork.com/news/cor...the-best-protection-against-covid-19/3469083/
@Debster

The person stated that I have only been on the forum a week which is 100% true, but it would have only taken 1 hour to see what the purpose of these threads on both sides are posted for. You are absolutely correct when you say that no matter how much debating, arguing or whatever you want to call it nothing will change the minds of anyone.
I appreciate your opinion, and it doesn't matter one bit how long your have been part of the community, your thoughts are valued and I'm happy you're here with us.

I don't want to argue or fuss, and I don't care to change anyone's mind. I do feel compelled though to point out falsehoods regarding vaccines and this pandemic we have been dealing with. There is so much harmful disinformation being spread, and it is damaging in controlling this virus.

I'm lucky that my husband or myself has never been hospitalized with Covid, but I did lose one extended family member to the virus. My heart goes out to all who have buried loved ones, and were not even able to be at their sides as they took their last breath. I thank and appreciate all the nurses who tried to comfort them while alone in their last hours on earth.

Just so you know where I'm, and some others here are coming from. As already suggested to you by a friend, you may not want to involve yourself in the pandemic discussions, they do go in circles with the fact vs fiction arguments.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back