NBC's Today Show got Buffalo,NY weather wrong

moviequeen1

NBC's The Today Show really needs to get their info correct regarding Buffalo's weather
Thurs&Fri of this week,NBC correspondent,Ron Mott was sent here to cover our 1st snowfall which was an 1/2 inch or trace of snow. Yes ,it was cold as if we can't handle it, temps were in the 30's. Seriously,why the ****** was he here,talk about misinforming the rest of the country
The next time,they should send Ron when we actually have lots of snow on the ground

th

If ya go to the NOAA site, they have local/regional radar maps there. You can pretty much figure out your own forecast by what you'll see there.

The past couple of yrs whenever we have a major 'lake effect snowstorm',the guys from the Weather Channel always show up. Its usually Mike Seidel,Jim Cantore{who grew up in VT} know the difference between a trace or major snowfall

I like it when they say it will be partly cloudy today and partly sunny tomorrow!!

Then I heard that there will be heavy rain today and it will accumulate..

The BBC used to be great for the weather forecast.

I say used to be because a couple of years ago they
didn't renew the contract with the Met Office, the
place where the weather is analysed, instead they
went for the cheapest service!

You will find this hard to believe, but the BBC now get
their weather predictions from NEW ZEALAND, ok they
have an office in Holland, but the place where they look
at the satellite pictures and videos is in New Zealand, so
now we get crappy weather reports. I personally got the
Met Office App onto my smart phone and don't listen to
the BBC weather anymore.

So you should get an app for the most reliable service where
you live.

Mike.

I like it when they say it will be partly cloudy today and partly sunny tomorrow!!

Then I heard that there will be heavy rain today and it will accumulate..
It may not sound right, but a partly cloudy day is brighter than a partly sunny day. They also talk about "veiled sunshine"!?!?:unsure:

That's very funny that national tv was reporting on an inch of snow in Buffalo!
And temps in the 30's in November there.

That reporter must have already been in that area, and they told him to go to the nearest place where he could take a picture of himself with snow in the photo's, and wearing some wintery jacket, probably,
so he went there, instead of making the trip to farther places that actually got a lot, and that it was unusual or early for them.

Hurricane, prove it, go stand outside, get drenched, clothes rippled: Folks, it's dangerous down here, look...See our forecast was correct."

Tornado, find the dumbest looking person available, interview him: "Yea, it come over the trees there, points (camera remains on him) jumped on us, it did, too late to run; we was like to kilt us..

Last edited:
In the Buffalo News where I read this article,the reporter,RonMott was also baffled why he was sent here. I think it would be amusing for the'head honchos' of the Today Show, who thought of this 'lame brain idea'come when we really have a signifcant amount of snow and see how they handle it

In today's world the simplest solution is to switch to whatever channel gives you the weather report that you want to hear. Not necessarily the actual weather that's happening right outside of your window but your preconceived notion as to what the weather should be.

You'd be surprise to hear how many bright and sunny days I can have if I so choose. 🤣

RonMott was also baffled why he was sent here.
He was there because it was a "Management Decision", just look at any news
channel/program and wherever there is severe weather they have to have a
reporter there, many times you see somebody standing in heavy rain blown
around byt the storm, his/her mouth is moving but you can't hear a word that
is being said.

Same goes for flooding, the reporter has to standing knee deep in water and
with luck helping to push a rubber boat, the reporter is probably just as fed up
there as you are watching him in the wrong place.

Click here for an unhappy Milwaukee weather reporter.

Mike.

Back