Newbie From Downunder South Australia

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have been looking for a Senior Forums Group for a while since I had a very nasty experience with a Forum based in Australia. :(
I found this group just this morning and I'm looking forward to forming some online friendships and learning something new. :D

Hi Peramangkelder, nice to have you join us! :wave:

1xn9betna4tv438s.D.0.WELCOME.-FLOWER..jpg

Thanks to everyone for giving me such a warm welcome and please forgive me if I have missed anyone or if I have not replied correctly.
I guess this is my new learning curve but that's what it means to be a Newbie and take baby steps isn't it?
You sure seem to have some interesting topics for discussion and I know I will enjoy perusing them even if I am a little shy at replying just yet :D

I see you are near Adelaide. Never been there but I've been to Melbourne and Syndey and down to Great Ocean Road and Port Cambell.

A warm welcome from ANOTHER South Aussie ..I'm from Yorke Peninsula :wave:
I must say I'm a little sick of the wind and rain we have been getting ,but I just seen on the news it's going to be high 20's on Friday :sunglass:however we will need our sunnies ..we haven't seen the sun for a while :)

Hi and welcome from another Scot. I hope that you find this place more favourable than the last forum you were on. I have been here for a few months now and it is a pretty good place to be. :welcome:

Thanks everyone for the extended warm welcome on this Forum. So very different from the Aussie Forum. A little more about me. We live in the Adelaide Hills which is usually in Spring now but the weather had very different ideas didn't it? This last week we have had multiple major weather events and last Wednesday 28th September the wind was so strong the Power Tower Pylons which carry electricity across Australia were bent double by the ferocious winds which blacked out the entire state of South Australia. We were without power for a few hours but some of our fellow South Aussies were without power for days. Thankfully we survived without any real damage. We have had more than our share of rain and thunderstorms and some creeks and rivers around South Australia which normally just meander along are now raging torrents and most have broken their banks resulting in flooding of homes and businesses in low lying areas. All of the local farm dams and catchment areas in the Adelaide Hills are full and most full to overflowing. In South Australia we are always glad of the rain but not all at once please. I should have put my weather order in earlier shouldn't I? In a few months time our long hot usually dry-ish Summer arrives and we will be grateful for the extra groundwater I'm sure.
Thankfully we should have seen the last of the ferocious weather for a while and I must say I'm looking forward to feeling some of the warmth of the Sun and watching all our plants growing like crazy. According to DH (Darling Husband) plants love the ozone which thunderstorms produce...fingers crossed :)

Welcome from the US...state of Georgia here. I forget your season is opposite of ours!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back