Not that anyone is asking

Kudos to Brandon for taking the kids to therapy. It's obviously having positive results. Can't wait for Paxton to see your stoopy face, in person :)
And I'm betting it's an actual child psychologist in private practice, because she actually diagnosed each kid. Their sessions are separate and a full hour long.

If they'd gone for a therapist through Amador County CPS, they'd be going to some youngster fresh from a 4-month course in play-therapy who'd sit and watch them play together for 35 minutes. Their mental health services are deplorable...except on paper.

I might have broken a bone in my hand. Or maybe cracked it. The capitate bone, I think.

Or I hope I just hyperextended my fingers when I fell.

I did a face-plant out front of my son's house yesterday. We were walking out to my van to load some stuff in the back, and I slipped in the wet grass and twisted my ankle, then my knee gave out, and I went down hard.

Grant's hands were full, so he just watched the whole thing happen. Heaven forbid we drop an armful of crap so we can catch the old man before he slams his face on some asphalt. 😂

He did *carefully* set the crap down so he could help me up....out of a gutter full of rain water. But only below my waist. The rest of me was on the street.

Grant walked me back into his house, and then he freaked out a little because blood was running down my cheek. His sweet wife, Kat, sat me down and rendered first aid. A warm sudsy wash with a soft, clean cloth, followed by several gentle pats with a gauze pad soaked in hydrogen peroxide, and lots of encouraging words all the while. Such a dear girl.

My ankle hurt, so Kat walked me to the couch, put my feet up, and applied an ice-pack. I had a headache, so she administered Tylenol. I was wet and cold, so she tossed a blanket over me.

So, my ankle and my face hurt that day. Today, I think my hand has the most serious injury. The back of it's all swelled up across the knuckles, and it's red there, and moving my 2 middle fingers causes a lot of pain.

Obviously, I stuck my hands out in front of me as I fell, but I just fell on my hands. They were of little use in this incident. Well, I suppose they cushioned my chest a bit, but this did little good for my hands...the right one, especially.

I sprained my ankle, so it doesn't feel so great - I'm kind of stayin' off it - and I've got a beaut of a shiner that covers half my cheek, but that'll all mend ok in a few days or so. I might go get my hand looked at, though. There's really nothing much a doctor can do...just wrap it, probably. But I'm curious about what's up with it exactly, if it's actually broken or just cracked or what.

Grant called my younger son, Liam, and told him what happened, so Liam brought my grandson over to stay a couple days. He's helping me out so Meesh can go to work and school and not worry about it. Among a few other things, he helped me take down the Christmas tree and move the furniture back over there.

He's a little freaked out about my big shiner. About every hour he'll come and say, "You want some ice for that, grampa?" 🫣

Here's what the other guy looks like
Senior Man With Injured Face And Black Eye Is Unhappy Stock Photo -  Download Image Now - iStock
Just making a lame joke. For Goodness Sake, it is scary to fall, when you know you're going down and there's nothing to do but stick out your hands.

My good friend recently had a similar fall. She was actually hospitalized for it. She had had two drinks prior. You?

Hope you heal quickly. Yes, you must get your hand checked out.

Wassamatter with you Frank...we can't leave you to your own devices for a minute ... :sneaky:

seriously.. it's a real scare when you fall like that. You know it's going to hurt and you've got 2 seconds to brace yourself. Get that hand seen to, and thank the Lord for family..

Last edited:
Here's what the other guy looks like
View attachment 324113
Just making a lame joke. For Goodness Sake, it is scary to fall, when you know you're going down and there's nothing to do but stick out your hands.

My good friend recently had a similar fall. She was actually hospitalized for it. She had had two drinks prior. You?

Hope you heal quickly. Yes, you must get your hand checked out.
The other guy, 😂

I wish I could say I'd had a few. Who knew a patch of wet grass could be so formidable?

I learned the hard way not to go outside trying to walk with my cane. After falling a few times I just stay put in the house. As long as its dry, I am okay. If its raining, I thank God I don't have to go anywhere. Wet grass and wet floors are a no no for me.

I learned the hard way not to go outside trying to walk with my cane. After falling a few times I just stay put in the house. As long as its dry, I am okay. If its raining, I thank God I don't have to go anywhere. Wet grass and wet floors are a no no for me.
I'm wondering if it wouldn't have happened if I was able to get my regular pain medication this month.

Instead of my usual Norco, the pharmacy gave me Oxy and Gabapentin. They make me a little foggy.

Sorry you can't get what you need. The gabapentin does not help me and times I had to take oxy if just made me sick. I find norco the best thing, does not upset the tummy, relieves the pain and you can still function.

Frank, did you get your hand checked out? How’s the shiner looking now?

I just saw your update about Paxton. Things are really looking positive.
The swelling in my hand went down quite a bit and I can almost make a fist now. My cheek-bone has a tender spot but the bruise is all gone. My ankle is still sore, so I'm still favoring it. My Dr appt isn't til the 20th.

I expect I'll be getting a visit with Paxton before the end of January, early February. Soon as Brandon feels secure the adoption is going through.

I just read about your fall. Man, that was bad. I was lucky last time, it was in the house and I slammed my head into the corner of a wall in the bathroom. It hurt like heck but there was not blood. I hit above my hairline, got a bad bruise that hurt a couple of weeks.

Sounds like you definitely have a problem in your hand. You might call around to some orthos. Ours here have emergency appts for possible broken bones, maybe they could fit you in for an xray and wrap on the hand and ankle until you can be treated further. With the hand you could have a bigger problem if you let it go to long before treatment.

I just read about your fall. Man, that was bad. I was lucky last time, it was in the house and I slammed my head into the corner of a wall in the bathroom. It hurt like heck but there was not blood. I hit above my hairline, got a bad bruise that hurt a couple of weeks.

Sounds like you definitely have a problem in your hand. You might call around to some orthos. Ours here have emergency appts for possible broken bones, maybe they could fit you in for an xray and wrap on the hand and ankle until you can be treated further. With the hand you could have a bigger problem if you let it go to long before treatment.
I'm sure it isn't broken. At worst, there might be a little hairline crack, but there isn't anything they can do about that other than wrap it. Honestly, I just think I hyper-extended a few fingers pretty bad and maybe tore a little ligament or two.

My grandson stayed with me for a couple days right after it happened, to help out and keep me in my recliner. That probably did a lot of good. I wouldn't have stayed down if he hadn't been here. Then Michelle took a day off work, and then she came home for her lunch breaks from work and school.

She won't need to do that this week. I'm doing ok.

I'm sure it isn't broken. At worst, there might be a little hairline crack, but there isn't anything they can do about that other than wrap it. Honestly, I just think I hyper-extended a few fingers pretty bad and maybe tore a little ligament or two.

My grandson stayed with me for a couple days right after it happened, to help out and keep me in my recliner. That probably did a lot of good. I wouldn't have stayed down if he hadn't been here. Then Michelle took a day off work, and then she came home for her lunch breaks from work and school.

She won't need to do that this week. I'm doing ok.

You have had some very good treatment, time with a grandchild and pampering kisses and hugs from Michelle sounds like your on the road to recovery!!

Sarcasm for my birthday:

MOIST
Now your birthday can only get better.
You're Welcome, Old Man.

Happy Birthday to a Wonderful Father-in-Law.
Thank you for not putting my husband up for adoption.

You're the Best Grampa I could ever ask for!
(I assume. I don't have another one to compare you to, so, technically, it's not a lie)

Grampa, I love that you let me stay over on weekends.
And using your computer is NOT the only reason, it's just the main reason.

I hope you enjoy your gift this year, Dad.
And I hope you get rid of it before you die, along with all the other junk I don't want to inherit.

Best birthday ever (well, ever since the last one).

I had a really good conversation with Brandon, too, about a week ago. It was the most intelligent conversation we've ever had. Sounds to me like the kids' mental health therapist has been giving him a lot of insight and advice, and he actually absorbed it.

He is now (like, suddenly) convinced that letting Paxton have a relationship with his Uncle Frank will "improve his emotional state, give him confidence, help him stay focused at school, and make him more lovable...more able to connect with people."
Brandon's exact words. (borrowed from the therapist, I suspect)

VERY encouraging.
That was Jan 2nd. When there was no more word from Brandon by Jan 30th, I text him to ask if everyone was ok. He text back "No comment at this time. Thank you."

When there was No Comment by Feb 16th, I text "Let me know if I can be of any help."

No comment. Not even a comment saying "No comment," just one of these> (y). WTF??

So there's Paxton, promised over a month ago that a meet-up with Uncle Frank is definitely in the works, and I wonder what they're telling him now....stop asking about it? And how is Paxton taking that? What's it doing to him? Why are they doing this? What is Brandon's effing problem?

I've tried everything I can with that guy; everything allowable by law. I can't reason with him, I'm getting bupkis from CPS, and my friend Melanie, who has Paxton (and the twins) every other weekend and who's the only person I've been able to rely on to be honest about how Paxton's doing, and assure him I still love him and think about him and care about him, has been evasive lately.

"So, how was your weekend with the kids?"

"It was good!"

Period.

It was good, huh? Ok. Well....awesome. 😟

I'm on the brink of giving up. I'm thinking I have to let it go. Michelle is going on and on that this is effecting my health - I'm losing weight again, I'm moody, not sleeping well, not eating right, stopped exercising...I'm not even funny anymore.

And she's right, and maybe it is because of Paxton. You know, the endless worry and stress and frustration that's endless.

So maybe I have to give up and let it go; leave Paxton to his fate and just hope he does ok. Like that'll be easy.

That was Jan 2nd. When there was no more word from Brandon by Jan 30th, I text him to ask if everyone was ok. He text back "No comment at this time. Thank you."

When there was No Comment by Feb 16th, I text "Let me know if I can be of any help."

No comment. Not even a comment saying "No comment," just one of these> (y). WTF??

So there's Paxton, promised over a month ago that a meet-up with Uncle Frank is definitely in the works, and I wonder what they're telling him now....stop asking about it? And how is Paxton taking that? What's it doing to him? Why are they doing this? What is Brandon's effing problem?

I've tried everything I can with that guy; everything allowable by law. I can't reason with him, I'm getting bupkis from CPS, and my friend Melanie, who has Paxton (and the twins) every other weekend and who's the only person I've been able to rely on to be honest about how Paxton's doing, and assure him I still love him and think about him and care about him, has been evasive lately.

"So, how was your weekend with the kids?"

"It was good!"

Period.

It was good, huh? Ok. Well....awesome. 😟

I'm on the brink of giving up. I'm thinking I have to let it go. Michelle is going on and on that this is effecting my health - I'm losing weight again, I'm moody, not sleeping well, not eating right, stopped exercising...I'm not even funny anymore.

And she's right, and maybe it is because of Paxton. You know, the endless worry and stress and frustration that's endless.

So maybe I have to give up and let it go; leave Paxton to his fate and just hope he does ok. Like that'll be easy.
How did this all come about, with Brandon, and even Melanie being evasive? Could it be advice from a psychologist? I can understand your confusion, Frank.

At the very least, someone owes you an explanation that you can digest and accept.

You can't get more out of Melanie? Ask her if she is being evasive, and why!
She said she has this paranoia about emails and texts, anything in writing, like someone's going to hack her account and use *whatever* against her somehow, someday for some reason. So she called me. It wasn't a very informative call. Just a lot of "I know how you feel" "I know...I know." What's the big secret behind that?

Fork her, man. She can GTH with the rest of 'em.

How did this all come about, with Brandon, and even Melanie being evasive? Could it be advice from a psychologist? I can understand your confusion, Frank.

At the very least, someone owes you an explanation that you can digest and accept.
I have no idea what Brandon's problem is. An oversized ego, is my guess. It's obvious he has to be in control for one thing, and he believes he never has to explain himself or take advice from anyone because we're all stupid and misguided.

There's not one person involved who thinks I'm owed an explanation about anything. Not since day 1, really.

Back