Notes from Pappy's diary

Went down to Castaway Park this afternoon and had our coffee there. It’s about a five minute drive from my place. I see the wrecked boat, from the hurricane is still there. There are several walk ways out over the water and a good fishing spot, so I’m told.

DB75B634-2D0A-4AC5-912D-6DB72650D898.jpg

Pappy, nice photo!

Reminded me of Molly Wilmot.

http://featured.blog.palmbeachpost....-yacht-recalls-palm-beachs-beached-freighter/

wilmot2.png

hahahah...that's brilliant Pappy... we have a boat and are often down there at weekends or visiting other Marinas here and abroad in the summer, and we love to ''Name watch' other boats and find the funniest, that's the best one I've seen for ages, I'll have to show that to hubs!!

We are only 5 minutes to the Indianatlantic river where there are many marinas. I need to go down there and take some good pictures of funny boat names. My houseboat was the Capricorn and my second boat was the Blue Chip. Not to original, I admit.

No Rose. Gave it up years ago. Became too expensive to maintain.

I bet it was! I knew a couple of snowbirds who lived on their boat at the Yacht Club on RI until it was time to drive to their FL condo for the winter. What with the cleaning, shrink wrapping and storage, plus their condo payments, they almost ever took the boat out on the water.... too expensive. They finally sold it, too

Yesterday,I took a big step for this old mind. Was at McDs and ordered our lunch at the computer thing most places have now. I have to admit,it was a little intimidating but I worked at it step by step and placed my order. Only problem was trying to figure out how to pay. Slide or chip. Finally, after reading the instructions, it took the chip on my card.
‘And the best part is, my order was delivered to my table and it was correct. :banana:

Yesterday,I took a big step for this old mind. Was at McDs and ordered our lunch at the computer thing most places have now. I have to admit,it was a little intimidating but I worked at it step by step and placed my order. Only problem was trying to figure out how to pay. Slide or chip. Finally, after reading the instructions, it took the chip on my card.
‘And the best part is, my order was delivered to my table and it was correct. :banana:

Good job!

The only way to deal with change is to embrace it!

I need to give it a try before I'm the last old fogey on earth holding up the line! :playful:

Aunt Bea. I posted this on Facebook and a couple people give me hell for taking away a persons job. If they insist on $15 an hour, they are taking away their own jobs. :rolleyes:

To me arbitrarily bumping wages up to $15/hour with nothing in return is just an inflationary move that will hurt us all with higher prices. It also pulls everyone making $15/hour or more down closer to the bottom/entry level of the job market. Eventually, it will only widen the gap between the haves and the have-nots. IMO a person has to work, gain, knowledge and experience so they can earn a higher rate of pay in the job market.

Hopefully, automation will free people up to do more interesting and valuable things that will benefit us all in the long run.

We'll see!

See what you started, LOL!

I'm still glad to hear that you took the time to figure it out!

I’ve got the best kids in the world. My daughter and SIL are at my place in Florida replacing the popcorn ceiling, then laying hardwood floors throughout the house. The entrance will be ceramic tile as well as the kitchen. They refused to take any money for this, but we will do something for them, I’m sure. They mentioned kitchen redo sometime in future. Gotta love “em.

6059098D-6823-4055-AD2F-7444E0CA2E0C.jpeg

Back