October 2019... Share your Day...

Sat. my friend and I went to see the opera Turandot at the movie theater. The Metropolitan Opera House in NYC has put out a series of filmed live performances from the Met to theaters, nationwide..

It was so wonderful. My favorite aria (nessun dorma) is in the final act and he did it so well. Not the late Pavarotti, but still pretty thrilling.

Bonuses included a brief tour of the Met inside and out, people arriving, interviews with the main cast and Maestro, history about the set and costumes (stunning).

During the intermissions at the Met, we got to see behind the scenes; stage hands building and putting into place scenery for the next act, hammering and wheeling stuff in.

The colors, fabrics, makeup and scenery were just spectacular.

Last edited:
I'm up visiting in the Florida Panhandle. I got up at dawn this morning and went to the beach to walk. The gulf is still warm and I managed to get splashed by a wave while wading. It was soggy.....but glorious. Sugar-white sand and turquoise water. I'm in heaven, at least for a couple more days.

Today started out pretty good until my Husband wanted to go to Home Depot. I sat outside on a bench when he went inside. A Lady and her little girl sat next to me. The Lady asked me if I would mind if they smoked a cigarette. I said it was ok. Then she was talking to me about the weather and smoking and then handing the cigarette to her daughter and the daughter would smoke it. I looked shocked so she asked me if I was ok. I asked her how old her daughter was,and she said 9yrs old. I said "You let her smoke !" She said yes I always do. She sees me and her Dad smoke so she want to smoke too. I said "I think that's against the law and if it isn't it should be." She said I'm her Mother and I can let her do what I want," She got up and stormed away. I wish there was something I could have done,but she left soo fast I couldn't do anything.:mad::mad::mad:

As for the smoking - not your problem. There's no law (yet) against stupidity.

Yesterday the pigs came back, but only after a mix-up at the abattoir when they had the wrong labels on the pigs. There's meant to be a process in place to ensure that meat processing is traceable from start to finish and it has worked OK before. I gather there was a heated discussion before the correct carcasses were located by their ear tags.

Anyway yesterday was spent butchering and packing. Big animals - 93 kg (about 205 lb), but not too much fat. Still some work to do trimming and packing meat for casseroles and mince.

Weather forecast not so good for today, but no matter what, it's shopping day.

Last edited:
I've been up since last night since my sleep/wake cycle is off right now. I slept much of yesterday. Just felt like it was the best thing I could do. Woke up feeling exhausted as I slept too many hours. I do that sometimes. I do try and wake up when I've had just enough sleep but something just makes me go right back to sleep. Maybe it's a bit of depression. Have been trying to deal with that for a long time now. Doctor has prescribed me antidepressants over the years but they all have ended up making me too nervous or other bothersome side effects. The last one helped but it gave me severe gastro-intestinal problems. So I quit that after 3 weeks because I had to take imodium constantly and then the gas--well, it was horrendous.

So now the other day I ordered some St. John's Wort to see if that would help me feel better. I have not tried it and am hoping it helps but not getting too excited about it as everything else has failed. Trying to practice gratitude and that is helping some. I do have things to be grateful for like my little dog and birdies, roof over my head, clothes to wear, just signed back up with Netflix (lol), I'm out of debt now, and the list goes on.

A good day to all! ❣ 🌹

Glorious sunny day today..

Not feeling the greatest, but I've managed to get a builders bag full of dried leaves and branches into the recycle bin which has been composting down for the last fortnight...then swept all the doors and doorsteps down , they were so dirty after the last 4 days of non-stop rain!

Then drove to the Post office to send a parcel for hubs..and pick up a prescription for me from the chemist.

Sorted out some shoes for the Charity shop and filled a big box with them I'll deliver them another day . ... and now I'm gonna sit and relax and watch a recording of Sister wives...

A change of weather here today with some light showers. After yesterday's butchering session, it was time for shopping today. It's "Tattie holidays" here. It was the time when school children in rural areas were given time off school to help with the potato harvest.

Mrs. L is making a leek pie for dinner. It's one of the few (almost) vegetarian dishes that we make.

woke again feeling anxious -so got in to see the doc ' got some tabs -thankgod as I need to start feeling like me again not a
be in a dam fog like state an cant concentrate =just not me -so I said hope these work mighty quick lol ;but all meds take there time he said ………………. got back fed cats -cooked dinner me done -feet up switched on tv -relax 'well hope too ...

Good day fishin'....Caught a total of 28....3 and one half meals in the freezer! (y) (y) (y)
giphy.gif

Had a slightly beeter evening. Went to Outback for dinner. I try to treat myself once a month or so. I enjoyed the meal, but have decided I kind of like Longhorn better. But, for the first time in a while I got me a toddy while there...An Aussie Rum Punch. Not bad.

Awesome. How? We’ve been fishing for months and haven’t caught a thing. I love to fish but just don’t know what bait or where to fish. We go to Lake Ray Hubbard on our boat and try plastic worms and minnows. We need advise, please......
Warm/hot weather fish are deep in colder waters..For catfish, try stink bait from wally world and fish off the bottom..

Back