October 2019... Share your Day...

Well, just got home last night from visiting my 94-year-old mom who still lives by herself, drives and plays piano in a restaurant 1-2 times a week and sells her flower headbands she makes at a farmer's market every Saturday. Good visit, but 7-hour drive each way.

But late last night she thought she was having a stroke (she frequently thinks she's having a stroke and calls 911, but she never has had one yet).

They transported her to the hospital and she's kind of shaky and a bit confused. My sister is with her, but depending on how long they keep her in the hospital and whether she goes to rehab unit for a while afterwards, I'm going to have to crawl into the car and head back up there again for a while to determine whether she can continue living alone.

The doctor said she shouldn't be driving any more. Oh, boy, that's going to be a doozy of a "conversation". Up to now, she's been a really good driver and knows her limitations. She is NOT going to like that.

I've been back from Israel for awhile now after 10 days there with a church sponsored trip. My day/night, rhythm is starting to stabilize but I'm not really back to normal. I power shampooed the master bedroom carpet repeatedly this morning in preparation for moving into it, then slept the rest of the day.....I woke up in the afternoon and thought it was tomorrow morning.......a bit disorienting, that. Nice to discover it was sooner than I thought it was.
That does make sense doesn't it?

Yesterday was not a good day for me. I was so irritable and it really bothered me. Feeling in a much better mood now.

It's gotten a lot colder and my AC is leaking a lot of cold air. I ordered an AC cover and hope it fits and works, also found some duct tape to put on all the cracks on the underside of it. It seems like it's always something to worry about! It's going down into the upper 30s tonight. Good thing my furnace works well. I turned the heat up some.

Good Morning Kids... Well up for the 1st time in days, caught a flu bug... think I am heading back to bed... I hope YOU all have a GREAT day... God Bless YOU all...
Mike
Yikes Mike..are you poorly again, you poor soul... it's just not been a good time for you lately has it?... get as much rest as you can, and get as fit as poss, we miss you here and 'specially on the games threads.... :coffee:

Been a normal Sunday , usual chores etc. and refilling the bird feeders in the garden. Then late afternoon, early evening we went out for dinner to a pub in the next town. We had initially gone out to have a quick drink at the pub then get a Chinese take-out to take home, but we were so cosy in the pub, and everyone was there, we decided just to eat there instead.. 🍲🍛🥗...we got home about 8.45 and we were laughing at the thought that we were home so early from a night out, when a few years ago we would have just have been getting ready to go out at that time... :D

I've been back from Israel for awhile now after 10 days there with a church sponsored trip. My day/night, rhythm is starting to stabilize but I'm not really back to normal. I power shampooed the master bedroom carpet repeatedly this morning in preparation for moving into it, then slept the rest of the day.....I woke up in the afternoon and thought it was tomorrow morning.......a bit disorienting, that. Nice to discover it was sooner than I thought it was.
That does make sense doesn't it?
Any pics of your trip?

I have two closets in the back side of the house, in the hallway going to the second bath, and two extra rooms. They were pretty muck Rick's closets. I emptied most of the stuff into 3 black garbage bags. Pants, shirts, belts, suspenders, and a new pair of bedroom slippers he never wore. Hauled them out to the car and over to the Goodwill donation center.
Now I have dozens of empty hangars....those good plastic ones. Will probably bag them up for my next trip to Goodwill.
Came home, had something to eat. Then looked at a now empty closet (except for the hangars, and one shirt I am keeping for me) and decided there was only one thing I could do. Vacuum the living room!!
SO I pulled out the vacuum, moved a few things out of the way Especially around the rats cage. They tend to throw a lot of stuff out when cleaning their cage. LOL. Move my recliner away from the cage and had at the whole living room. Put everything back with a sense of satisfaction.
Went outside and refilled the birdfeeder. Put out peanuts for the squirrels.
Now I feel I did something constructive today.

Cartoon-Character-Going-Fishing.jpg

Yes but when I try to post pics the progress bar never gets past 40% or so then times out. I don't know why.
Possibly too big, try resizing them... then put them into a folder, and right click on the picture using the ''image location, or image address. and upload from there by clicking on the little box above ''insert image'', rather than straight uploading from your computer as we used to with the old forum...IMG_6015.jpg

This morning,I'll be going to Kmart,if I can find any deals.This store is the only one still open in WNY,closes for good in mid Dec
My close friend,Marcia is out of own until Thurs,her husband,Dave &son Alexei are at work ,so I'll be taking my favorite dog,Aker my 'buddy boy' on his afternoon walks .It will be the highlight of my week

My visit to KMart- was a waste of time,oh well
There wasn't anything worth buying,everything now is from 30 -50% off.Most of the shelves have been taken down
I found what I was looking for at Big Lots which was located 2 stores away from KMart.I got a nice walk in the process

Back