October 2019... Share your Day...

Today is a little better than yesterday. Yesterday morning my daughter took my husband to the ER. He was having strong pain in his stomach and around to the back. After a few tests they said he had Pancreatitis . They admitted him put him on morphine and intervenes for fluids. They kept him overnight and then this morning they said he needed an MRI with Dye. Of course they don't do that at the hospital where he was at. So they discharged him and my daughter had to get a permission from a Gastro Dr to have it done. I think he will be having the test Friday morning if all the paperwork is correct. He is home now and napping. I pray tommorrow is better and that everything comes out good with his MRI on Friday.
I am wishing your husband better very quickly Sassy. My husband had pancreatitis and was just 2 hours from death when they got him in the hospital, and saved his life, it was a very scary time!!

Covered and winterized the pool, split and stacked some more wood, (had to use the wood stove this morning, so I know the weather is changing), replaced the vacuum lines on the wife's trike and took a short ride, started on the pole barn to cover the backhoe. Tomorrow it'll be winterize the 2 motor homes, and head downtown to get the idiots at the county office to correct the fact that they show 10 acres of my property as belonging to someone else. :mad: :mad: Is there anyone out there that does their job? I'm beginning to doubt it.

Its my volunteer morning at church in business office doing my weekly computer tasks
I might take 'buddy boy' for a walk this afternoon and sit in our community garden like I did yesterday after walking him. Three other residents and myself were taking advantage of the beautiful sunny day

Today is a little better than yesterday. Yesterday morning my daughter took my husband to the ER. He was having strong pain in his stomach and around to the back. After a few tests they said he had Pancreatitis . They admitted him put him on morphine and intervenes for fluids. They kept him overnight and then this morning they said he needed an MRI with Dye. Of course they don't do that at the hospital where he was at. So they discharged him and my daughter had to get a permission from a Gastro Dr to have it done. I think he will be having the test Friday morning if all the paperwork is correct. He is home now and napping. I pray tommorrow is better and that everything comes out good with his MRI on Friday.

My Prayers and Thoughts are with your Hubby, YOU, and the rest of your Family... God Bless YOUR Family Sassy!!

Good Morning Everyone... Not a lot new... Cut a few trees' down yesterday, and going to get my summer equipment ready for winter... Clean up my shop...Prepare the property for winter... and etc...

I hope YOU all have a wonderful day... and God Bless YOU all...
Mike

This morning I am getting ready to go do my part in a clinical trial. I am a participant in a study developing a new vaccine to protect against severe (sometimes fatal) gastroenteritis caused by a bad strain of E. coli. Of course, I don't know if I really got the vaccine or just a placebo.

Best of Luck with that... God Bless you @TravelinMan

This morning I'm going to Target for couple items
I'll be taking my 'buddy boy' for his afternoon walk,then sit in our community garden like I've been doing the past couple of days.It maybe the last time since the temps next week will be in the 50's

typical big shop Friday '' dry weather- but coming home it poured down ' my niece phoned me from Canada was good to chat again '
put away dreaded food stuff --sat down then animals came around to be fed ' then sat again to have tea and doughnut yumm'
put up new light bit tricky but all done - brought some lovely silk autumn flowers so arranged them 'brightened the room up' then put some fresh ones also in a vase 'hubbs said how many more u gonna get 'heheh oh humm'' who cares ………!

Been getting delivered a bunch of stuff I ordered from here and there, a new leash for my dog, moisturizing bath, Murphy's, leggins, and so on. I enjoy getting these little things over getting bills. I bought my dog a birthday bone and vest that should arrive today--not her birthday today but what the heck she can still have her bone! I bet she will enjoy that!

Found out or rediscovered my health insurers will send someone to pick me up for free for appointments to the health facility. That was good to recall. I had forgot they do that. You have to wait longer but what the hay. I made appointments for a CT Scan, diabetic eye exam, a new hepatologist, and a mammogram so far. Now to call the healthcare transportation line and arrange for rides. I made one arrangement so far for a ride and that was easy enough.

It's a nice morning here. It's 60 degrees and I have the window open to get some fresh rain air. I love the smell of after it rains.

autumnrain.jpg

Not a great day for me yesterday..Doctor is sending me for thyroid tests..(can't get them done until Monday)..he believes I have a debilitating incurable (but manageable) condition ☹..anyway have to get the results of the tests before it can be confirmed!!

It rained very hard , and I was caught in it, kept trying to hold my hood on, but the wind was winning...everyone's brolly's were getting blown inside out.😀

from the surgery I went to the supermarket for the week's groceries, and being Friday it' was absolutely packed. Took me 15 minutes just to leave the car park!!

Anyway the good side of the day is that I finally managed to buy the new Limited edition chocolate that my daughter has been asking me for, for weeks..which despite the adverts hasn't been in the shops until now!! 😇

Gearing up for our Thanksgiving weekend. It's raining now but it will be turning colder. My daughter is making the turkey dinner on Sunday with her hubby's family and also we will be celebrating my grandson's 11th birthday - should be fun. I am up at 5:30 every morning and I check my stuff on computer (forums, etc.) in the peace and quiet before everyone else is up. I enjoy reading posts here from different parts of the country. Hope everyone has a great day and if not then remember, this too shall pass. Seize the day.

Hollydolly, sincerest good wishes for everything to turn out OK for you and hubby.

This year we had a great crop of crab apples, so yesterday we made some Crab apple jelly. I haven't made this for many years, but it looks to have turned out OK.

It's a beautiful Autumn day here, but we've a lot of work to do at the house. We dumped some rubbish and went to the shops in Banff to get new curtain rail and a pulley to put up another clothes line. That should keep me busy this afternoon.

Trivia: The first president of the Canadian Pacific railroad came from Banff in Scotland.
Banff in Canada is named in his honour.

Bless you Capt, that's very much appreciated... 🧡

We're having a very wet grey day..heavy rain here.. was going to go to Costco, but firgit about it... it's too wet!!

I didn't know you could still buy Pulley's in the shops.. I haven't seen one in real life since I was a child in our kitchen (seen them online)...

From summer to winter!!!! 34 degrees!!!
Screenshot-2019-10-12-at-6-31-12-AM.png

got sit on mower out of garage before weather changes -- did half acre 'do the rest tomorrow ' like cutting the grass makes me feel good 'lol. hung out washing while hubbs sits on his backside ' Grrrr ' had lunch ' picked all late apples up from grass and pears - some have been eaten by animals rodents etc ..so I chuck them over the field ….just going to pick green tomatoes as they wont ripen now .. my day in short !

Hollydolly, yes, you can still buy clothes pulleys. Several DIY shops here have all the parts or you can buy the complete thing. We have one in the utility room, but in today's case, I was only looking for the pulley blocks for a clothes line. Mrs L just wanted one at the rear of the house to hang out small towels etc..

We have a "Hills" rotary line in the garden. These are the "standard" rotary line here as they are sturdy enough to stand the frequent strong winds.

It's still quite pleasant here, but getting cooler as the sun goes down. I've just brought in some logs for the fire and it will soon be time to light it. Stay dry.

Holly,will be thinking of you on Mon,keep you in my nightly prayers
I'm glad you were able to find the chocolate your daughter was asking about
The weather today really felt like autumn,temps in the 50's with light rain,the sun made an appearance this afternoon

Another lovely Autumn day here. Blue sky, bright sunshine - but cold. There was a light frost last night so maybe time to move some of the plants indoors.
However,it's me that's indoors papering parts of the bathroom. It's driving me mad - the paper doesn't seem to want to stick. I've prepared and sized the walls, mixed the paste, let the paper soak etc. but the paper does not want to stay on the wall. Maybe big nails are the answer!

Another lovely Autumn day here. Blue sky, bright sunshine - but cold. There was a light frost last night so maybe time to move some of the plants indoors.
However,it's me that's indoors papering parts of the bathroom. It's driving me mad - the paper doesn't seem to want to stick. I've prepared and sized the walls, mixed the paste, let the paper soak etc. but the paper does not want to stay on the wall. Maybe big nails are the answer!

paper?... put tiles on there !!:D

This morning I'll be staying at church for both services,early is at 8:15,later starts at 10:30.
One of my close friends,Peter who no longer drives{a friend is bringing him} will be at the later service,last time I saw him was at Easter.We talk twice/wk,tell him what's happening at church
Our minister is back from his 4 month sabbatical,today he will be preaching
The rest of my day,I be reading local paper,maybe go for a walk

We start week 4 of elevator being down for repairs.
My neighbor asked one of the guys how much longer did he thought the repairs would take'a week or so'.
Canopy of Neighbors office is closed today because of Columbus Day/Canadian Thanksgiving.
I have a dentist appt this morning,a regular cleaning
The rest of my day,if the rain stops will try to get my afternoon walk in.If not I'll read my book which I started on Sat, its 545 pgs, can't put down

We start week 4 of elevator being down for repairs.
My neighbor asked one of the guys how much longer did he thought the repairs would take'a week or so'.
Canopy of Neighbors office is closed today because of Columbus Day/Canadian Thanksgiving.
I have a dentist appt this morning,a regular cleaning
The rest of my day,if the rain stops will try to get my afternoon walk in.If not I'll read my book which I started on Sat, its 545 pgs, can't put down
How many floors do you have to walk up and down, Sue?

Back