Oh, God! Why are you reading this?

Two days ago, a huge tree fell across the power lines near me. No electricity. The whole area is plagued by fallen trees due to the strong winds. And it's freezing outside. So, I had to hold up in a motel. I'm so discombobulated. The change to DST really messes me up for a week, now I'm in a strange bed and with a strange toilet. It's taken 78 years to get the exact right pillows and blankets and mattress. And now, even the toilet isn't right.

And really, the motel only had 30 channels on their TVs. How in the hell can you live with only 30 channels!!!!!!!!!!

On Sunday, it was haircut day with Eddy. Next door is a "Health Spa". There are all these people, who reached the "big three oh" (30) and they are determined to stay fit. So, when they're 86, they will be running 4-5 marathons a year. It's so cute, watching them. They actually think they'll still be doing this in five years.
When I turned 30, I bought a weight lifting set. It never got out of the box.

Last edited:
I decided to make my iPhone my pet. I named him, Charlie. Charlie makes noises and wiggles around. He does answer when spoken to. He doesn't fetch well, though. I have to care with Charlie, like a real pet. Every morning, I have to feed him electrons. Thankfully, there's no litter box. And, I'm not sure I need to neuter Charlie.

My volunteer ambulance assoc. is making their annual plea. If you're a member you don't get charged for an ride to the hospital. They still aren't online as far as paying is concerned. You have to use snail mail. I put a stamp on the envelop and then went to mail it. Instead of driving to a Post Office, I figured I just drop it off at a corner mailbox. There aren't any. When I was a kid, there was a mailbox at most street corners, and they were in front of most big grocery stores. Nada. No more. All gone.

Bugs!!! Now that the ice cold temps of winter are warming up, I got bugs. Ants- big black ants. I keep getting the one lone black ant walking across the kitchen floor. Then I've swatted about 4 of what I call "stink bugs". They love to just hang on the wall.
Ah, yes, stinkbugs. People think the first sign of spring is the robin. Not so, it's the stinkbug. I've dispatched two in the last two days. Thankfully they're slow. I've also already had a few ants. Throughout the summer, I usually get a variety of micro-sized, mini-sized, and big black ones. Not all at the same time, or I might have to kill myself.

Bugs!!! Now that the ice cold temps of winter are warming up, I got bugs. Ants- big black ants. I keep getting the one lone black ant walking across the kitchen floor. Then I've swatted about 4 of what I call "stink bugs". They love to just hang on the wall.
Watch those black ants. I found out they're scouting. I saw them, here and there, then we had carpenter ants in our sunroom roof! They can do a lot of damage.

I haven't figured out what to do with the "egg crisis". If I throw out or eat the odd egg, so that I don't have that weird egg left in the carton, I'll drop an egg, or something. And I'll be back to odd eggs, and the world will not be right. I used to think that I was a free thinker, etc. But I'm not. I was putting away the ketchup, and the label with the "57" on it HAS to be facing out. Would the world end if the label was facing in?
But the universe is a better place with the label facing out.

Good new, bad news.
Good news- It bugged me that there was an odd number of eggs in the carton. I was going to eat three today, but I had it on the plate, and I just couldn't eat three eggs, so I tossed it. So, now, eating two eggs a day, after 6 days, I can toss the carton. All is good in the world.
Bad news- You name it, I've dropped it on the floor. Have a bunch of pills to take, so I have a 7 day pill box. Just got a refill for 90 days of 3 pills/day med. It jumped off the table, and all 90 days was on the floor. Went grocery shopping, and cans and boxes kept falling off the shelves. Dropped a big box of small nails. All day long I kept hearing the sound of stuff hitting the floor.

I definitely tee-ed off the clutz god.

Yesterday was supposed to be wintry, lousy day, and didn't need anything, so it was a stay-at-home day. UNTIL, my thermostat went kapooey. I had to get a new one. Got a new one, and of course, it wouldn't install the way the old one was. Finally getting it installed, it was trying to figure out how to work the ********** thing. Press MODE twice, then PROGRAM, then SYSTEM and hold 2 seconds, while singing "Dixie". Why are the computers in some products one of the stupidest on the planet?

I was watching one of those 'true life' murders. BTW, the husband/boyfriend always did it. The murdered person always "lit up a room"," loved life, loved babies, dogs and cats," etc. Just once, I'd like the friend of the murdered guy, when asked whether the murder was a bad thing, to say " meh".
I've thought/wondered the same. You're right about "lit up a room." So many people obviously know how to do that! Wonder if that's why they're killed? Too bright for the room? :unsure: Oh, come on, Kate... what a weird thing to say! 🤷‍♀️ Anyhow, for me, the one that bugs me most is when neighbors, family, and friends are talking about a hardened criminal/murderer... "he was always so quiet... such a good boy/neighbor/friend/son." Sheesh! :rolleyes:

Yeah, there are robins on my front lawn.
I'm never without my pet, Charlie, my iPhone. He's in my pocket all day, and sleeps right by my bed at night. Right, now, it's feeding time for him. He's getting his fill of electrons. What gets me is how did I get along without him before?
But my other piece of technology-my new thermostat is driving me up the wall. It' s STILL not programmed right. I guess I didn't press PROGRAM twice, or something.

Good news/bad news.
Good news. Got up , ate breakfast of two eggs. And when I finished, the egg carton was empty. All is right with the world.
Bad news. I just can't stand the Lume lady with her "pits and boobs" deoderant. I have to change the channel when she comes on. If you're worried you reek after 3 three days without a shower-take a damn shower.
Also, some 107 year old lady is giving tips on how to live that long. Maybe one of those tips is "don't die"?

Went grocery shopping yesterday. I forgot about Easter on Sunday, so the store was packed. They had only one check out with a human clerk. There was a long line. I have a pocket with a zipper in my coat, so I can get to my wallet easily. My order came to $140, and the lousy zipper got stuck on cloth. It would not budge. I pulled and pulled- nada!!
And behind me were about 15 not so happy people. By using all my might, I was able to move the zipper down, by the distance of one metal zipper tooth. Slowly, doing this over and over, I was able to squeeze my wallet out of the pocket. Then I dropped a bag full of can goods, etc. Some of the people behind me were making nooses, I just wanted to get out of there.

Last edited:
Some say it's mind over body. I had an active day yesterday. Today, my body told my mind that we weren't doing anything today. My body made it known that today was going to be a down day. The most strenuous thing would be clicking "channel select". The human body has over 200 bones, and today, I feel every one of them.

Last edited:

Back