Patient shaming over cancelled visits ?

Has anyone postponed or cancelled a doctor or dentist visit since the pandemic started ? I cancelled a doctor visit in April but finally went this week.My BP was a little high and I told the doctor maybe it was due to a slight uneasiness over being in a doctors office for the first time in 10 months.He acted as though I had insulted him and launched into a diatribe about how his office was safer than any other place I go since they take your temperature .Dr. Fauci has called temperature checks for Covid "safety theater" as people can be asymptomatic or be contagious for days before showing symptoms.I felt he tried to make me feel foolish and cowardly for even bringing it up.This after I sat in his waiting room for 20 minutes with 2 men,one who was coughing and hacking and the other who told the receptionist that he had just returned from a 1500 mile car trip to Florida.I'm almost 70,so feel I have some right to be uneasy going to a doctors office these days and don't like a young doctor trying to shame me for for being honest.Anyone else had a similar experience ?
That's all the temp taking is basically is safety theater. I was told it is your internal temp they are taking. If I have an internal temp of 98 I guarantee I'll my fever will be 100. Every time I've been in our clinic I haven't seen a soul sanitizing chairs...counters...nothing. When I called to schedule a telemedicine appointment the nurse began the verbal run through of all their safety precautions. I simply told her I wasn't interested in sitting in the waiting room and risking it. Don't let them bully you in to coming in. People have gotten Covid from sitting at the drs office. You are well within your right to be afraid. It's your life.

[QUOTE="win231, post: 1531272, member: 6658"
The only reason I see my doctor is because they won't refill prescriptions if I don't.
Yikes! This happened to me one hour ago:
Called physician's office for refills on Monday. Find out only one put in. So, an hour ago I called Dr. office to speak with staff (as I knew he would squiggle out of actually trying to speak to a patient. Had to ask staff today "Does he think he's God on Mt. Sinai?") Anyway, it seems I must see him Before he would authorize. I resisted immediately. Told staff Dr. was blackmailing me and I'm a patient there for a few years, he told me he would never do this, blah blah. I said I will leave the practice immediately and seek another Dr. (My area is Flooded with Dr.s This guy is one of the few American born Dr.s around) if he didn't agree to giving me one month, no refills, and I would schedule myself next week. Took her talking to him twice (hence, God on Mt. Sinai had to be referenced to show him I won't be ordered to do something that could wait less than a week), made sure he knew all I said. So, yeah, I "won" but it didn't have to be that way. I mean, you never know who you're actually dealing with and I won't be disrespected. I never got pushed around until I became an old sick person. Had to make Pepper's Last Stand. I am just drained.
[/QUOTE]
Some of them do have a God-like complex and some think it's funny. I do not. I'll bargain for the lesser of two evils unless they're both not in my best interest. Then it's stubborn as a mule time. I'm old. I got all kinds of time to be annoying. :ROFLMAO:

Sorry that happened to you. I probably wouldn't go back to him but that's just me.

I was told I couldn't get eyeglasses at an eyeglasses place because I cancelled too much. This has really inconvenienced me because they are the only eyeglass place in the area that takes my insurance.
As long as you're giving them ample notice what's it to them?

Has anyone postponed or cancelled a doctor or dentist visit since the pandemic started ? I cancelled a doctor visit in April but finally went this week.My BP was a little high and I told the doctor maybe it was due to a slight uneasiness over being in a doctors office for the first time in 10 months.He acted as though I had insulted him and launched into a diatribe about how his office was safer than any other place I go since they take your temperature .Dr. Fauci has called temperature checks for Covid "safety theater" as people can be asymptomatic or be contagious for days before showing symptoms.I felt he tried to make me feel foolish and cowardly for even bringing it up.This after I sat in his waiting room for 20 minutes with 2 men,one who was coughing and hacking and the other who told the receptionist that he had just returned from a 1500 mile car trip to Florida.I'm almost 70,so feel I have some right to be uneasy going to a doctors office these days and don't like a young doctor trying to shame me for for being honest.Anyone else had a similar experience ?
Wecome from Oregon. When I went in for my appointment after the pandemic started the doctor was not wearing a mask and poo-pooed the pandemic. I'm looking for a new doctor.

Welcome to Senior Forums! It was not you, it was the doctor. Many are overworked, some are just jerks. Always feel free to speak your mind, when you have the ear of a professional.

c699385b2da28c990fa8c06677b5dc97.gif

I postponed my scheduled doctor's visit for 90 days in July when apprehension was high thinking they would have more time to ennact safety protocols. All they really did was move chairs around in the waiting room and wear masks. I canceled my optomotrist's appointment indefinitely. My dentist is only treating emergencies and not cleanings.

The last few post depict physicians as a bunch of bullies, if not thugs.
We all have feet, walk away.
Yea, a new doctor is a hassle, but sometimes you have to to maintain your intergity.

The last few post depict physicians as a bunch of bullies, if not thugs.
We all have feet, walk away.
Yea, a new doctor is a hassle, but sometimes you have to to maintain your intergity.
Right now where I am there are none available to take new patients. You can't just walk into a drs office here and say I want you to be my doc. You have to apply to be their patient.

Back