Photos from your neighborhood

Our usually very busy pub..completely deserted during the pandemic Lockdown

DSCF1902.jpg

A couple of years ago I had a hip replacement. My surgeon recommended exercise, but to avoid impact exercise like jogging or running. Cycling and swimming both rotate the hip and help recovery. One of my favourite cycle rides takes me through the forest on the trackbed of a former railway line. After closure the track was lifted and then treated to allow horse riders, cyclists and walkers access to the forest away from the traffic. There was one station on the line and that is now a popular watering hole. Here's two photos, one of the station and the other as it is now.
holmsley_old1.jpgholmsley_old11.jpg

Front. A few grandkids and neighbor's kids sitting in driveway at Memorial Day Cookout.

View attachment 107875

Front. A few grandkids and neighbor's kids sitting in driveway at Memorial Day Cookout.

View attachment 107875
avon riverside.jpg

You have a beautiful home, how I love the colour. My wife tells me it's called New England Grey. We don't have the luxury of a swimming pool but you can have a paddle in the river Avon, as long as you don't mind sharing the water with the brown trout.

Last edited:
This topic is for people to share photos they've taken in their neighborhood. I'll let everyone use their own definition of neighborhood, but I'd like to make sure you consider an area smaller than what you would consider your region. Personally for me my neighborhood is the area of San Jose where I feel I can easily walk there and back home.

My first picture is one I took this morning. I don't know what struck me about this scene, but I really wanted to capture it in a photo. I was taking the dogs on our weekly forced march where I take them to and through San Jose State which is about a 2 1/2 mile round trip. These are some interesting plants outside the Art building on campus.

View attachment 107599
OMGoodness. These are so cute!

Back