Photos from your neighborhood

The Fool On The Hill: I went to the highest hill in town, got out the drone and took the following picture. Why? Just because I was happy to see a nice evening sky (no rain) over the neighborhood.

jul10_2021_potter-hill1.jpg

We live in the valley behind the 2nd treeline to the far left of the picture. The house is a little over a mile away by straight line or 2 miles by winding road.

This was my daughters' mountain property in Spain until she sold it 6 months ago and returned to England

The property is actually at the top of the mountain..I took the photo from an opposite mountain.. and the road you can see behind is actually 20 minutes drive on an unmade track ... from the property..

The whole of the property on the left of the picture belonged to my DD.. 5 acres in total of the Campo ..., and although you can't see it she was separated from her neighbours with their small Casitas over on the far right by a deep ravine...

DSCF0005.jpg

Last edited:
This building is on the corner opposite the little park I showed you (with the water fountain). It is being remodeled inside and I found 2 videos about it and the building next door by the new owner. It is amazing inside but a lot of work. I guess the clock was moved from where it was set up for years after it fell during a storm and landed on a married couple and killed them. This is a side shot of the building where the clock is now.

brd_main_crp.JPG

In our village in Spain, every few years the Mayor hosts a free feast of Paella for the residents..it's held on a very hot July day and the heat from the Giant pan cooking the rice, and all the fresh meat and fish, is like a bonfire... but everyone stands around watching for the hour it takes to add 12 ten gallon buckets of rice, buckets of chopped chicken, rabbit, prawns, tomatoes , water, stock and spices...

It's all free and we sit at trestle tables in the market square.. with a plate, a French baguette and a Cold Beer or Cold soft drink each..by the time the food is ready you can't see for the crowds of people hoping to get a free meal

Paella-HD.jpg

DSCF0035-zpsw-soa6lwh.jpg

I was able to stop in at the Anglican Church after their service and the head Warden, Sam, graciously showed me around. This is the church I posted outside pics of earlier in the spring

1ECF96C6-B6BD-4F37-93B2-649883127557.jpeg
these are the windows that face the street

0AA7EAA9-18F8-4EDE-8BBD-BBD3EDCC082C.jpeg
this is the altar at the other end. They’ve been doing a major renovation, hence the plaster work. It is a very historic church, this building is right at 100 yrs old. So beautiful

Roa4.JPGRoa6.JPGRoa7.JPG

Youngest son and grandson took me for a little trip out yesterday to nearby Roa Island (population 100). Started off with ice creams then sat and watched people getting the ferry across to the nearby island (population 10) which has the ruins of a fortress built in the 14th century by the Abbot of Furness Abbey to guard against pirates and Scots raiders . It also has a pub and a very popular place for camping during the summer months.

Looking East from hill on my place between our house and the road. Hill not as high as at seems, i cropped our roof out of this so the perspective makes it seem to be shot from higher. Neighbors' farm/homestead visible past their fields. But those mountains---that's what decided me on this place. They are a frequent subject--day, night, sunrises and sunsets if i turn west, rainbows spanning the valley in the afternoon, moonrises.

mtns to NE from hill.jpg

In our village in Spain, every few years the Mayor hosts a free feast of Paella for the residents..it's held on a very hot July day and the heat from the Giant pan cooking the rice, and all the fresh meat and fish, is like a bonfire... but everyone stands around watching for the hour it takes to add 12 ten gallon buckets of rice, buckets of chopped chicken, rabbit, prawns, tomatoes , water, stock and spices...

It's all free and we sit at trestle tables in the market square.. with a plate, a French baguette and a Cold Beer or Cold soft drink each..by the time the food is ready you can't see for the crowds of people hoping to get a free meal

Paella-HD.jpg

DSCF0035-zpsw-soa6lwh.jpg
I remember this!

Back