Police in VA Pepper Sprayed Black Army Lieutenant For......

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't quite understand the lieutenant's reasoning in being unwilling to leave the car, but I don't understand the drawn guns or the pepper spray either. And then at the end of the incident Lt. Nazario wasn't charged with anything.
The order to exit the car was absolutely non aggressive in nature and legal, so yes he should have complied.

Spraying an unhealthy person, it could possibly kill them, it just might kill me. To use such in this instance is assault, which is one of the Counts in the lawsuit.

Last edited:
People who drive cars should follow this procedure...there are several things that drivers should so...

….As soon as you see the police officer’s flashing lights or hear the car’s siren, turn on your own emergency flashers. This will inform other drivers that you are the driver who is being pulled over and alert them that you will be slowing down in preparation to pull over.

…Search for a safe location to park your car.

…As soon as you have found a place to pull over and parked your car, turn off the ignition. Never do anything that the police officer might interpret as an intention to get away, no matter how minor your alleged traffic infraction might be.

…Immediately roll down your window if you have been pulled over by a marked police car..

…Be patient. Always stay in the car until and unless the officer asks you to step out. You must exit your car if the officer orders you to.

… When you first begin to initiate conversation with the police officer, remain calm, polite, and respectful. Do not become defensive.

…Let the officer see documents required, if you do not have them, explain and he/she will check you are telling the truth. Be respectful..

Using common sense and good manners can make it go much smoother than it otherwise might.

This goes for anyone, black or white. It is normal procedure also in Australia. Not hard!!!
'

Indeed, if one does not follow/obey the law , and/or refuses to follow a lawful command by the officer on scene ...... they may very well get shot by the police.

Do we really want to create an atmosphere where these folks can just ignore the police ...... and can get away with whatever they did ?
Who are "these folks?" An army officer driving home with his dog in the car?

I guess in your opinion it is better to have an atmosphere where police can kill whomever they please, for whatever perceived infraction? Like driving while Black?

I guess in your opinion it is better to have an atmosphere where police can kill whomever they please, for whatever perceived infraction? Like driving while Black?
You are asking : “Who are "these folks?" An army officer driving home with his dog in the car?”

The answer is in my opinion: An army officer who should know better, He had no rear licence plate…his SUV had tinted windows. He did the wrong thing. He did not obey commands.

The officer should not be fired because this teaches him and others nothing. He should have received long and intensive training on how to conduct himself and also some psychiatric help. He was fired because they feared the usual riot, if immediate action was not taken.

If people always jump to the defence of motorists (black or white) who do the wrong thing…they are setting them up for future disaster… you’re doing them NO favours. Instead teach them how to respond in a civil manner.

Is it against the law to have tinted windows? Serious question.

Police in Virginia can and will pull vehicles over for excessively darkened windows. I know this for sure my husband is from West Virginia and he told me this.

In Australia as you probably know the legal limit is 35% VLT. For windshields the tint has to be put at the very top 10% of the shield. Another thing in Oz you have to inform your insurer or you may not be covered.

Anyone that refuses to follow a lawful command given by a working police officer.

You're trying to place the race card, where it does not apply.

BTW, do not try to 'spin' my opinion, I voiced my opinion and I stand by it.

Anyone that refuses to follow a lawful command given by a working police officer.

You're trying to place the race card, where it does not apply.
A lawful command may be to keep your arms in the air. What if you can't due to weak bones except for a few minutes. You tell the cop you just can't keep them up, but he does not give a crap. Do you deserved to be tased?

A lawful command may be to keep your arms in the air. What if you can't due to weak bones except for a few minutes. You tell the cop you just can't keep them up, but he does not give a crap. Do you deserved to be tased?

I won't waste my time as it doesn't even apply in this case. How about we stick to the topic, and not introduce unsubstantiated scenarios ?

I knew you'd avoid that question since you did not want to admit I am right!

Excuse me ........ your scenario has no bearing on this case. How in the world can you even imagine that ........ making you right ?

This case this topic is discussing an incident involving a young , healthy , physically fit soldier ! who refused to follow a lawful command given by a working police officer......... He was wrong, and so are you.

I knew you'd avoid that question since you did not want to admit I am right!
You are not "right" ...you are wrong! Your argument does not apply to this case. If a person has weak arms, the sooner they get out of the car the better.

Even more important, if your arms are too weak to hold up for a couple of minutes, you may not be fit to drive a car!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back