Post a movie quote! Those viewing these movie quotes may guess the name of the movie.

I don't expect anyone to get this. It's from an older movie. I've just always gotten a kick out of this line: "How dishonest! Not letting me know that you knew that I was a liar!" o_O

hard one, 1. "We can love completely what we cannot completely understand.
2. (make it easier) "I am haunted by waters."
hint-book and movie
A River Runs Through It

]'The barbarities of war are seldom committed by abnormal men. The tragedy of war is that these horrors are committed by normal men in abnormal situations.
Book and movie Break Morant

Another book and movie:
'A portion of guilt is standard issue for Southern boys;...'
The prince of Tides

"I have to put all that s--t back on."
"In The Line of Fire." Clint Eastwood (Secret Service Agent) was just about to nail Rene Russo when she got a phone call & had to go to work. Before getting undressed & getting into bed with her, he had to take off all his equipment: Gun, walkie talkie, spare magazines, handcuffs, baton, etc. After she got out of bed, Clint was.....frustrated.

I don't expect anyone to get this. It's from an older movie. I've just always gotten a kick out of this line: "How dishonest! Not letting me know that you knew that I was a liar!" o_O

The movie was "I'd Climb the Highest Mountain" (1951) based on a true story.
Right after their marriage ceremony, William and Mary set out to go to their new home in the Appalachian Mountains of Georgia. As they near their new home, William tells Mary that she might have time to cook dinner after they arrive. It is then that she confesses that even though she led him to believe that she could cook, she really couldn't. At that William tells her that he already knew she couldn't cook because her mother had told him so. That's when Mary says, "How dishonest! Not letting me know that you knew that I was a liar!"

Turner Classic Films-far too young to have viewed it when it was in theaters.

your talking about the woman I love, Bacall.
She didn't need dialogue, just flash her cat eyes around.
This particular movie , she was exiting, paused after she had opened the door, asked Boggie...'You Know how to whistle don't you..."
I think it was the Maltese Falcon, not sure, but I sure know it was Bacall

Last edited:

Back