Post one favorite photo you took (max 1 per day) with some details.

Rainbow lorikeet on my balcony.

v2HEpRT.jpg

🍂🍁❤️❤️ Love those autumn photos Jon and Hollydolly. We don't get autumn here, too semi-tropical.

Autumn in my back garden today, sunny and warm at 32ºC/89.6ºF. Frangipanis enjoying it and lots of butterflies out and about.

OmLhQsn.jpg
Yes I know what you mean it's the same at our 2nd home in Southern Spain :love:

A life-size giant crocodile memorial seen in Normanton, far north Queensland.

QaVIfZ1.jpg

According to local information, in July 1957, Krystina Pawlowski an attractive blonde Polish immigrant then aged 30, killed Australia's biggest known crocodile with a single shot on the banks of the Norman River near the Gulf of Carpentaria town of Normanton. The saltwater crocodile measured 8.63m, a size unheard of in Australia.

Once A Very Dangerous Place: Below is a newly-restored picture from an old 35 mm. slide. Taken during the Cold War, it a view of Checkpoint C (i.e., Checkpoint Charlie) at the intersection of Friedrichstraße and Zimmerstraße in Berlin, Germany. I was about to cross over and get a look inside East Germany. A few years earlier, WWIII almost started here.

berlin_checkpointcharlie4.jpg

In October of 1961, a series of events led to American tanks being in a head-to-head standoff with Soviet tanks at this intersection. The crisis was averted when the Kennedy brothers' relation with a KGB spy provided a conduit for more direct communications with Khrushchev. It should be noted that the charismatic, but less-than-brilliant Kennedy boys fancied themselves as James Bond types and were known to dip their pens into mob and KGB ink. Kennedy got the poorer end of the deal as the Soviets continued to build up their tank presence in and around Berlin and fortify the wall.

Checkpoint C was the only place the East Germans/Soviets would allow diplomats, military personnel and foreign visitors to go through. It was also where prisoner swaps were made. There were always people hanging around watching each other and everything that was going on or going by.

Now this is taking your love for your pets to a new level. Taken in Takayama, Japan. The stroller is specially for dogs. Piccolo cane - Small dog. Just a short way down the street was a shop that sold these strollers and anything else you might need to make your dog happy.

View attachment 152979

We've had a stroller for our boys for more than six years. Here's a picture of them in it.

IMG_0453.JPG

Lucky pampered pooches Glowworm and your boys looks very cute in their stroller asp3. Think dogs deserve a little or a lot of pampering for all the love, loyalty and companionship they give. I don't have a dog now. Pictured is our last dog when she was a puppy. She was a very loveable cuddly little Chinese Shar-Pei ... a veritable bag of wrinkles with a blue tongue. Also very catlike in her habits and cleanliness. Had her for many years and still miss her.

0lMygkq.jpg

The Village Green: A favorite stopping point.

oct10_2020_rowe_gazebo.jpg

This small town village green is a great stopping/stretching point when I am riding out in the western part of the state. With lunch in hand that was packed in the pannier, this is about as nice a place to stop and eat as can be found. In all the times I've stopped here (usually on weekends), I've only seen one other person and he was watching the swallows nest on a nearby building. As you know, swallows keep the flying insects down, making for a more pleasant stop.

The Village Green: A favorite stopping point.

oct10_2020_rowe_gazebo.jpg

This small town village green is a great stopping/stretching point when I am riding out in the western part of the state. With lunch in hand that was packed in the pannier, this is about as nice a place to stop and eat as can be found. In all the times I've stopped here (usually on weekends), I've only seen one other person and he was watching the swallows nest on a nearby building. As you know, swallows keep the flying insects down, making for a more pleasant stop.
our villages are very small, hence the village green being smaller still, not big enough to have a lake sadly....

Back