Post one favorite photo you took (max 1 per day) with some details.

About a year ago we visited an abandoned psychiatric hospital, which was scheduled for restoration to a paranormal hotel. This was the last opportunity to see it in it's mostly original form. The name of the place is "Eloise", and it is historically significant if you'd like to Google it.

This was made from the inside of a patient's room. I looked out the window and was kind of sad for the people who lived there. Back in the day it would've been very rural with almost no buildings. I'm sure there were many beautiful scenes out there over the years, as the seasons came and went.

I processed this specifically to point out the contrast between the outdoor world and the inside world, the only opportunity for a resident to enjoy the former was to peer through a cage.

I don't often name my photographs, but I did this one. I call it "A Room With a View".

49031261026_578d0144ef_c.jpg

Edit: Talk about timing. I got an email today about paranormal tours for this place. I doubt they got it converted and complete in a year, so they either never started or it's in progress.
I was going to ask what is a paranormal hotel...then I saw your edit.

Regarding post 501

In 1967, 'Titicut Follies' a documentary in a Mass. hospital for the criminally insane was released.
It was pulled shortly thereafter because it was too depressing, too despairing for the public.
Basically, it was dehumanizing, a very difficult film to watch.

I've posted this as it is part of our history, this particular hospital treatment of their patients and many other hospitals was something we had
rather not be aware of.
The movie is on the net---not recommended.

I was going to ask what is a paranormal hotel...then I saw your edit.

Still a legitimate question. This place is supposedly (and I say that with great skepticism) one of the most haunted places in the US. It is a holy grail type place for paranormal investigators in that is typically very hard to get access. The plan to turn it into a paranormal hotel will result in a big $ rate and investigators clamoring to get in. Based on where they say the most activity is, I expect them to redo some of the 5 floors and leave others untouched for their ghost hunts.

I guess if that's what you're into. We went through the building on a historic tour, not a paranormal tour.

Regarding post 501

In 1967, 'Titicut Follies' a documentary in a Mass. hospital for the criminally insane was released.
It was pulled shortly thereafter because it was too depressing, too despairing for the public.
Basically, it was dehumanizing, a very difficult film to watch.

I've posted this as it is part of our history, this particular hospital treatment of their patients and many other hospitals was something we had
rather not be aware of.
The movie is on the net---not recommended.
On the contrary, it's something we should all be aware of. While looking back this all seems very barbaric, at the time there was almost no understanding of mental illness. I am posting the following two historical markers for a glimpse into the rich history and what was then considered cutting edge technology. This facility played a significant role in developing some treatments still in use today, such as Xrays. Much of it was terrible by anyone's standards, but back then it wasn't considered cruel, they were trying their best to help.

49003261408_a3f678359e_c.jpg

49003806441_4554cd4c27_c.jpg

My point poorly made in post 527, as I did not wish to take the thread south.

Regarding "I'm not dead yet" two post-YES, we need to be aware of the events of our past as they continue today.
Anytime there is a sequestered group of people without the free access of the public, close scrutiny is required: nursing homes, prisons,
regular hospitals, your court house-all events wherein the public does not have free access is run as the supervision staff desires.

Currently, I have another drum to beat, but this thread is for light, happy post, not the ills of society. So, i will shut up.

How many horror stories are there that we are unaware of...?

My point poorly made in post 527, as I did not wish to take the thread south.

Regarding "I'm not dead yet" two post-YES, we need to be aware of the events of our past as they continue today.
Anytime there is a sequestered group of people without the free access of the public, close scrutiny is required: nursing homes, prisons,
regular hospitals, your court house-all events wherein the public does not have free access is run as the supervision staff desires.

Currently, I have another drum to beat, but this thread is for light, happy post, not the ills of society. So, i will shut up.

How many horror stories are there that we are unaware of...?
Agreed. In retrospect this conversation and my later posts probably don't belong here. If people are interested we can ask a nice mod to move it to its own thread and keep this thread as it was intended. If not then feel free to delete.

This is a suspension bridge close to me over a canyon.
I wouldn't go on it.
That's my son and my grandson up ahead The original picture is sharp but I couldn't get it to copy to the post. I had to print it out first and scan and copy the picture. I jumped through hoops. My grandson just ran across. Not afraid of heights. And that's my son holding on to the guide rails.
Canyon.jpg

Still a legitimate question. This place is supposedly (and I say that with great skepticism) one of the most haunted places in the US. It is a holy grail type place for paranormal investigators in that is typically very hard to get access. The plan to turn it into a paranormal hotel will result in a big $ rate and investigators clamoring to get in. Based on where they say the most activity is, I expect them to redo some of the 5 floors and leave others untouched for their ghost hunts.

I guess if that's what you're into. We went through the building on a historic tour, not a paranormal tour.

On the contrary, it's something we should all be aware of. While looking back this all seems very barbaric, at the time there was almost no understanding of mental illness. I am posting the following two historical markers for a glimpse into the rich history and what was then considered cutting edge technology. This facility played a significant role in developing some treatments still in use today, such as Xrays. Much of it was terrible by anyone's standards, but back then it wasn't considered cruel, they were trying their best to help.

49003261408_a3f678359e_c.jpg

49003806441_4554cd4c27_c.jpg
Although my life has been full of paranormal experiences and I've even seen a ghost, entity, jinn or whatever in my apartment (which much to my surprise didn't scare me), I've never gone on a ghost hunting, paranormal experience and probably wouldn't ever. Thank you for answering my question.

Last edited:
The owner of the tiny shop making a phone call in the mountain village close to where my daughter lives... I took it on my old Fuji many years ago, so not as sharp as I'd like it

spain-donnas-HD.jpg
Sharp is nice, but there's more to photography than sharp, provided of course it isn't so soft as to be distracting. Good composition and light are critical, and you have both. The upper walls are a bit bright but not blown out, and the main scene is well lit and inviting. It draws me in and makes me wonder what's beyond that archway. Well done.

Sharp is nice, but there's more to photography than sharp, provided of course it isn't so soft as to be distracting. Good composition and light are critical, and you have both. The upper walls are a bit bright but not blown out, and the main scene is well lit and inviting. It draws me in and makes me wonder what's beyond that archway. Well done.
Thanks muchly I'mnotdeadyet...that's a lovely comment :D

This is my Daughters mountain home... believe it or not she's very high in the mountain.. there's no-one above her on the mountain..but the surrounding higher mountains look as though they're part of her mountain, but in fact they're a way off.. it takes a good 20 minutes drive to get down on the road. If you can see the car parked at the side of the building ...that's my daughters' Casita ( one bedroom cottage ) where we stay when we visit . My daughters' house is the building in the centre of the picture .. the rest are all outbuildings, garages, kennels etc...the kennels are all along the very front below the house.. it's all very large but dwarfed by the vastness of the mountains

Donnas-ranch-HD.jpg

Last edited:

Back