Potatoes.

Do you use pickle juice? My mom loved pickle juice and I confess to using it a lot for deviled eggs and potato salad. And celery seed, and a squirt of Louisiana Hot Sauce sometimes, and cider vinegar and sugar and on and on...lol.
I hear you. Sometimes I do put some Heinze India Relish in it. Has to be India...tastes more like pickles and not so sweet.

I hear you. Sometimes I do put some Heinze India Relish in it. Has to be India...tastes more like pickles and not so sweet.
Do you remember something called "Piccalilli"? It was a red condiment made from chunks of red bell peppers, onions and pickles I think. It worked great in potato salad and pasta salads.

Do you remember something called "Piccalilli"? It was a red condiment made from chunks of red bell peppers, onions and pickles I think. It worked great in potato salad and pasta salads.
I have heard of Piccalli, or read of it somewhere, but I have never seen it. I think I'll go look it up.

Sounds like relish.
This is what I was making today. Lots of ham leftover.

• Portion size 400 servings
  • Credits : Canadian Living Magazine: May 2008

Ingredients
  • 12 oz Black Forest ham cubed
  • 1/3 cup drained sweet pickle relish
  • 1/3 cup light mayonnaise
  • 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
Method
In food processor, pulse ham until consistency of coarse bread crumbs. Transfer to bowl. Stir in relish, mayonnaise and mustard.

Click to see how to make Pinwheel Sandwiches, Triangle Sandwiches, Square Sandwiches and Finger Sandwiches >>

Sounds like relish.

Ingredients
Method
In food processor, pulse ham until consistency of coarse bread crumbs. Transfer to bowl. Stir in relish, mayonnaise and mustard.

Click to see how to make Pinwheel Sandwiches, Triangle Sandwiches, Square Sandwiches and Finger Sandwiches >>
Ham salad? Used to be a store up north that sold a lot of ham salad Lawtons or something like that - corner deli type chain stores. Still make it for the hub once in a great while. Was it good?

Sounds like relish.

Ingredients
Method

Yes good. Served it in a wrap

Growing up, my mother made a pot of dried pinto bean about once a week. A jar of piccalilli was always on the table And yes it did work well in lots of other dishes but was a necessity with bowl of pintos.

Being I'm diabetic, I'm not supposed to eat white potatoes, at least not too much or too often. I like baked potato with sour cream and chives (used to get them at Wendy's). I love a good, homemade potato (and egg) salad. I also like roasted red potatoes if they are not too dry.

We had fried potatoes a lot when I was growing up. And my mom's homemade french fries were delicious. Also, her potato salad was second to none.

I made fried potatoes last night.
My variation: When they're almost done, I dice a small onion and spread it on top. Add some vinegar and a little water. Cover with a lid. Turn heat to low. Let it steam for awhile. Yummo!:giggle:

Last edited:
MAIL A POTATO!🥔📦📮📪:D

4cfef66ed44feb40e181aaa9c40105c6.jpg

Back