Random Pictures taken using your Phone..Let's see yours

Taken a few minutes ago, the bird feeders

IMG-4915.jpg

and high up in the Holly tree further on the other side of the garden are our 2 nesting boxes....for the tiny birds...

IMG-4881.jpg

The end of the third row, of a much longer queue where we were standing, waiting to get into the supermarket... around a 15 minute wait for us, goodness knows how long the 100 or so people behind us took to get in...not helped by sudden sharp short downpours of rain.. Vast majority not wearing any type of PPE

Misery at it's best

IMG-5415-1.jpg

All of these pictures are really great to look at and be able to also see the different flora and architecture, along with the different scenery that I don’t see here in the U.S. Anything that has to do with trains interests me, even if it is just tracks or a vacated train station.

Just before I retired, our house at that time all but completely burned to the ground. We lost so many valuable articles including; paintings, antique glass and most of all pictures. Most everything else could be replaced. I would take pictures from the cockpit of cloud formations, night views, cities and mountains from time to time. I also took pictures of my flight crews. Those pictures can never be replaced. How do you replace memories like those? I still get emotional when I talk about that fire. Additionally, my Dad died in a fire of my Mom and Dad’s home. Too young and I almost had a nervous breakdown over that situation.

All of these pictures are really great to look at and be able to also see the different flora and architecture, along with the different scenery that I don’t see here in the U.S. Anything that has to do with trains interests me, even if it is just tracks or a vacated train station.

Just before I retired, our house at that time all but completely burned to the ground. We lost so many valuable articles including; paintings, antique glass and most of all pictures. Most everything else could be replaced. I would take pictures from the cockpit of cloud formations, night views, cities and mountains from time to time. I also took pictures of my flight crews. Those pictures can never be replaced. How do you replace memories like those? I still get emotional when I talk about that fire. Additionally, my Dad died in a fire of my Mom and Dad’s home. Too young and I almost had a nervous breakdown over that situation.
Oh good lord @oldman, what dreadful tragedies you've been through... :(

Thanks Holly and Pinky. It was a very harsh situation that took me two years to get past. When my Dad died, I blamed myself for a long time. My wife, daughter and I had been somewhere and we drove right past Dad’s house just hours before the fire of their home started. My daughter seated in the backseat was only 5 at the time, but she started saying, “Grandpa, Grandpa.” I asked my wife if she wanted to stop and she told me if I wanted to. We were going to be there for dinner the next day, which was Sunday, so I just kept driving. I always wondered what would have happened differently, if I would have stopped.

How would you have felt?

Thanks Holly and Pinky. It was a very harsh situation that took me two years to get past. When my Dad died, I blamed myself for a long time. My wife, daughter and I had been somewhere and we drove right past Dad’s house just hours before the fire of their home started. My daughter seated in the backseat was only 5 at the time, but she started saying, “Grandpa, Grandpa.” I asked my wife if she wanted to stop and she told me if I wanted to. We were going to be there for dinner the next day, which was Sunday, so I just kept driving. I always wondered what would have happened differently, if I would have stopped.

How would you have felt?
I would have done as you did, but I understand how conflicted you would have felt. I hope you have been able to come to terms with it through the years. That's a lot of guilt to hold on to.

Back