Random Pictures taken using your Phone..Let's see yours

Craig and The Cs

I have this thing I do on Facebook where I often post an iPhone shot in a cafe on my travels. The thing is to include things beginning with C. So usually it's something like 'Camera Coffee Cafe Cake'

Yesterday I went to St Luke's Bombed Out Church in Liverpool with my Son Craig an his pals for a beer festival as part of his 30th Birthday celebrations. So I give you...

Camera, Cappuccino Stout, Chicken Curry (Thai Red) pie, and Craig - in a Church. Bonkers I know but hey ho!

i-RsRcw45-X3.jpg
Super photo of your handsome son, @-Oy- :)

Some of our wildlife pictures.

Swimming with dolphins, Key Largo, Florida Dolphin Swims and Encounters - Key Largo, FL | Dolphins Plus Marine Mammal Responder
Buffalos at Elk Island National Park, Alberta Elk Island National Park
Seals at La Jolla Cove, north of San Diego, California How to See the La Jolla Seals & Sea Lions: Map + BEST Local's Guide
Grizzly Bear, Denali National Park, Alaska https://www.nps.gov/dena/learn/nature/grizzlybear.htm
Baby turtles, Cabo San Lucas, Baja California https://www.travellerselixir.com/where-to-see-turtles-in-cabo-san-lucas/

IMGP3215.JPGElks Island Nat Park.jpgDSCN0509.JPGAlaskan Grizzly.jpgIMGP3219.JPG

Last edited:
Drove down to the coast to buy some fish. First pic was taken on the road to Macduff and Banff, which gives its name to the Banff in Canada.

drivebanff.jpg

The old harbour at Whitehills - beside Banff. There used to be a small factory that made clay drainage pipes nearby. Fuel and other goods were brought in by small boat at high tide, and the produce from the factory was taken away by the boat. When the factory closed, a new harbour and fish market was built, but that now serves as a marina for leisure craft.

harbour.jpg

whitemar.jpg

Peach trees in my area are in full bloom today.
View attachment 342810
I don’t think I’ve ever seen a peach tree in full bloom. Very lovely. I was surprised to see what zones they grow in.

Most peaches grow in Zones 5 to 8, but there are also more cold-hardy varieties that can be grown in Zone 4, as well as heat-tolerant varieties that grow in Zones 9 or 10.

Maybe I have seen peach trees and just never realized.

I don’t think I’ve ever seen a peach tree in full bloom. Very lovely. I was surprised to see what zones they grow in.

Most peaches grow in Zones 5 to 8, but there are also more cold-hardy varieties that can be grown in Zone 4, as well as heat-tolerant varieties that grow in Zones 9 or 10.

Maybe I have seen peach trees and just never realized.
I didn't expect them to have pink flowers myself but they are. Niagara Region is one of the most prominent peach growing areas in Canada. It's amazing to see how many are transported along the highway to local roadside farm outlets and to the processing plant nearby come harvest time. It's constant, all day long 7 days a week for about a month or so. I'll try and get a pic of that this year at harvest time.

I didn't expect them to have pink flowers myself but they are. Niagara Region is one of the most prominent peach growing areas in Canada. It's amazing to see how many are transported along the highway to local roadside farm outlets and to the processing plant nearby come harvest time. It's constant, all day long 7 days a week for about a month or so. I'll try and get a pic of that this year at harvest time.
Correction! I’ve seen plenty of peach trees in the Annapolis Valley when we went there last spring. It’s a zone 7. We have plum trees and apple trees just down the road but they aren’t looked after. It’s an old orchard. The flowers look and smell heavenly though.
I’d love to see them full of fruit.

Back