Rant Thread-Tell 'em off Thread

BLOCKERS!

➡️One of my pet peeves is ”BLOCKERS”. You know who I mean. Yes, I’m talking about you!

* Once you get to the top or bottom of the escalator you stop dead in your tracks so everyone coming from behind fall all over one another into a heap with no place to go while the escalator continues spitting people through with conveyor efficiency.
* The same with the metro, people who want to board the train and block the door, leaving no space for those who need to exit the thing.
* I also include small groups of friends at the grocer's checkout. Only one of them is making a purchase but instead of the “friends” going past the cashier and waiting at the exit they stand there like zombies in a long queue taking space and blocking paying customers who’d like to put their purchases on the counter. This would be a fantastic planet, earth, but for the people inhabiting it!
Good one! I've seen people stop in doorways to do something like tie their shoe. Couldn't they do that off to the side somewhere, before or after going through the doorway?

Some of us were:

* Tricked into fatherhood by women who wanted a baby at all costs and secretly stopped using birth control.
* Tricked into fatherhood by women who believed having a child is the best way to save a dysfunctional marriage and secretly stopped using birth control.
* Shunned by jealous women who initiated a pact with their child(ren) to deny us affection.
* Victims of women who use the child(ren) as “guilt” leverage to make visitation as difficult as possible.
* Victims of loathing women who instilled dislike/hatred into the child(ren) against us.

🙇‍♂️ Above is a short list of reasons why good men are absent. For a long list of reasons why bad men are absent …. you need no help in putting one together.
The statistics I quoted came from a list that called them "fatherless" homes, but those are the same statistics that used to be called "unwed births." They just don't like to use that term anymore. So no need to feel fathers are being picked on.

This is not about divorced parents.

The problems come when the unmarried mother is trying to financially and emotionally support and educate a child by herself. I don't blame the men for the situation, because they often don't even know the child exists. Women have lots of good birth control options and I just wish they would use them, if they aren't married yet, so that when they do bring children into the world they would have a fair starting chance.

I got divorced when my son was 10, but I would never describe him as coming from a fatherless home. He had his father in the home for ten years and then was with him every other night after the divorce. Joint custody. I don't understand women who want to deny their children time and love from their father.

The problems come when the unmarried mother is trying to financially and emotionally support and educate a child by herself. I don't blame the men for the situation, because they often don't even know the child exists. Women have lots of good birth control options and I just wish they would use them, if they aren't married yet, so that when they do bring children into the world they would have a fair starting chance.
When my children were in their mid teens and not yet sexually active I repeatedly cautioned them that they needed to use TWO forms of birth control until they were married and planning a child.

Oopsies happen, even with birth control. No form is 100% foolproof except hysterectomies.

When it comes to public behavior, one habit that grinds on my nerves is when people have their phones on speaker mode and carry on loud, lengthy conversations while shopping, walking, or sitting in their cars with the windows rolled down. I find that to be incredibly rude.
they do that here ALL the time. I'm tired of having the windows open and hearing a conversation going on So loudly, looking out of the window and seeing NO-one.. then several minutes later the perpetrator comes walking around the corner from another road... :mad:

When my children were in their mid teens and not yet sexually active I repeatedly cautioned them that they needed to use TWO forms of birth control until they were married and planning a child.

Oopsies happen, even with birth control. No form is 100% foolproof except hysterectomies.
Just seeing this. Birth control does not protect against STDs (now STIs). So you're right, even if a woman is using pills or an IUD, she needs to have her partner wear a condom. Same with gay men. Many who are infected with STIs do not have symptoms and the consequences of not getting early treatment (for those that are treatable) can be very serious.

I'm tired of the young people I work with questioning my MEMORY. I am NOT 80, 85 or 90. I'm only in my 60s.

I had one relative who lived until age 99 because she ate organic and didn't smoke. As far as I know, she was pretty darn sharp well into her 90s! My own mother, who smoked for 50 years, was pretty darn sharp until her last 3-5 years. She made it to her early 80s in spite of the smoking. But I also think she was suffering from PTSD - which can ALSO %&^# up a person's memory banks!

So, if you want to know what I remember, give me something to memorize. Give me a freakin' TEST, like in the old days - a freakin' multiple choice, written answer test for which I have to study. Make me read books and report on those. Make me write a research paper if you're into reading those.

But g-darnit, don't assume my memory is gone because maybe I have a vacant stare on my face sometimes. I am also dealing with PTSD!!!! The deer-in-the-headlights look you may see on me is because I'm probably having a bad memory flashback.

I'm telling ya old folks, some of the younger people just want to kill us. Just my opinion on the matter.

Last edited:
I don't care much for people leaving their trash in these carts either.

4mbhqy2xxv141.jpg
Grammar correction: missing period after 'people'.

Sorry to say it, but I agree. I'm really dreading being in the nursing/old age home and having justifiably p*ssed-off-at-us-boomers staff taking "care" of me. (I don't blame 'em for being p*ssed off at us boomers but still dreading it...)
My only joy if they put me in a home will be killing all the robots. There'd better be an opt-out clause on robot care because I will hurt one of them if they get near me.

I did not take care of so many people in my lifetime, including your children America, only to have some blankety-blank robot care for me in my old age.

That would most likley be the only reason I would ever get a gun - to kill the robots. Don't need a gun for all of them though - just a cup of water or a golf club.

Cough syrup. Molasses. Either of those could really hurt the insides of a robot. This is a good idea for the Pentagon: molasses bombs. Weapon of the future?

My only joy if they put me in a home will be killing all the robots. There'd better be an opt-out clause on robot care because I will hurt one of them if they get near me.

I did not take care of so many people in my lifetime, including your children America, only to have some blankety-blank robot care for me in my old age.

That would most likley be the only reason I would ever get a gun - to kill the robots. Don't need a gun for all of them though - just a cup of water or a golf club.

Cough syrup. Molasses. Either of those could really hurt the insides of a robot. This is a good idea for the Pentagon: molasses bombs. Weapon of the future?
I have a feeling, though, that there are some robots who'd treat me better than some people. It's already happening: my phone seems to find me better company than any people do.

Back