Reflections of My Life

You did not look terrible Kat. Saw your interview on Chenango County web site. I try to belong to all Norwich sites. Do you belong to..If you grew up in Norwich site? I post tons of photos there. Pappy
Thank you ! Thank you! I can't find that group. But I did not grow up there so probably can't belong to it. I belong to a bunch of others.

Sonny came over and took me to Walmart. It was great being outside in the air and doing my errands. He came back here with me and we had supper together. Then when he left it had snowed quite a bit since we had come inside earlier. So he always calls me when he gets home to let me know he made it. He did. He said the roads were not slippery.

Now I am cleaning up the kitchen, getting coffee made for tomorrow and getting ready for bed. Tired out.

Yesterday morning one of my favorite cousins was killed. He was changing a fuse and got electrocuted. The whole place went up. I am still in shock over this so haven't been talking much about it. He and I were pretty close over the years. Only 66 and he had been working extra hard the last ten years so he would have a good retirement. I still haven't gotten the whole story yet. His mother, my Aunt is my last aunt in my whole family. She just turned 95 on the 20th. He died on the 21st. Her daughters said she is handling it good.

My new aide was here for 3.5 hours. She did a good job and worked hard. I like her and think she will work out fine. She needs the hours so will do whatever I need her to do. It is much better to have older workers because they work harder and better than any of the younger ones I have had (she is 54). She lives right down the street so even though the roads might be bad she can still get here. Plus she told me I can call her anytime I need something.

There was a lot of snow so the schools were closed and it is still snowing. See the elevator is fixed and now I have an aide. I needed her the last two weeks more than now. But in case anything else happens I have one. She will be back on Wednesday.

Yesterday I called my brother. So it was good to talk to him. I wanted to tell him about our cousin. And he wanted to tell me that he got another new guitar. Oh, well that is about the scope of his news as usual. I am used to him being focused on himself. Never mentioned his wife once in our conversation. He is what he is and I love him because he is my brother and we grew up together. I rarely tell him anything about myself in our conversations, though I managed to tell him about being on the news. He wasn't that interested.

I am so sorry about the loss of your cousin! Sounds like the electrical system was not up to code?

Prayer sent for God's comfort sent to you, dear Kat.

🙏 🙏 🙏

iu

Thank you, my friends.

I see having an aide will help me quite a bit. Since she did a lot of cleaning today and will be back on Wednesday to do more, that means tomorrow I will spend the day going through a pile of papers and photos. I will have the time. Most times I just can't get to them. One thing I still have not worked on is getting the printer connected to the computer again. It was at one time and then poof! Like that it is gone. I really need it. So will see what I can do about that since now i have the time.

Hopefully, I can get started on cleaning out the storage locker. I want to make it more useful, not full of stuff. One guy keeps his laundry supplies down there so when he does his laundry everything is downstairs and he does not have to lug it down there. My detergent I keep in a small canning jar so that is no big deal. But I can keep the big bottle down there along with all my extra household supplies. Mine is full of Christmas decorations that I did not use!

Fred Meyer, aka Kroger, had Purex detergent extra large bottle for $8 a few months ago so I got two but had to have my husband put it on the shelf because it was too heavy to use the spout. I had been a Tide user for a long time but I like Purex better now.
I wasn't close to my older brother so as adults he went his way and I went mine. Sad since he was my only known sibling but I was able to form healthier relationships with others. Glad you have been able to keep it in perspective and have Sunny as a companion.

Now I should be able to reschedule my appointments. Dental is important to do but I am so afraid of making one and that will be the day of a snow storm. Always happens to me. I hate that there is no dental office in Norwich that takes my insurance. Of course, I had all the x-rays at the one in Binghamton, so don't want to have to do that all over. I have had too many regarding that. I will reschedule Sonny's and my hair appointments though. For next month.

I remember going to school in the late fifties, early sixties, in NY state (moved to FL in 62') and we would have heavy snow falls. Didn't call them storms because they had to be super heavy to be called that. They did not cancel school or close businesses or even the roads back then. Our bus driver could go through all kinds of weather and nobody got scared or hurt. Back then our buses did not even have monitors or seat belts. Yesterday schools were closed of course. Didn't look like we got so much snow.

Living in a city, I don't really see that much snow because they plow it first thing. If it is icy they salt it. So the pavement is clear because the snow melts off. I did not like the slushy or mud that develops as the snow melts. At my house the mud would freeze and there would be these deep ruts. My horses hated it but they were the cause of the ruts being so deep. I called it the mud season. Early spring is when that happens.

Today I have to make 4 batches of Keto Chow replacement shakes for my ice cream. I think I am going to use the vanilla to make ginger ice cream, cloves ice cream and cardamom ice cream. Just using spices in the vanilla. I have done great with making my own black licorice using anise. I will see how these come out. Trouble is that Keto Chow will make a flavor and then discontinue it and that is one thing I do not like about their company. I like my flavors strong so I add quite a bit tasting it while I make it. Use less at first than add more as needed. It is making ice cream a whole new world as I discover new flavors. I have made a few already.

I hate that you have to put the dentist off. Of course, it will be a painful ordeal to go through but I know you will be so happy when it is done. We are expecting a little bad weather today but no where near the snow and ice you have every winter. Have a great day, I am about of to bed.

Now Conifer has done it, they are in the news for not providing the proper needs for communties that house the elederly and disabled. They just collect the money and ignore the realities of the situations they cause by their own neglect. I would venture to say they are going to start doing the right things for their residents.

If you have read some of my other posts you are aware that the ADA (American Dental Association) is like your elevator to me. They have been resisting Medicare's wanting to have medically necessary dental work included in Traditional Medicare coverage. Google CMS and ADA to read more about it or see my other posts about it. So far, we have been able to pay for our dental care but there is still a need for regulation of services as too many dentists will demand thousands of dollars for unnecessary work. Dental pain can take over your life if you don't get it resolved.
I feel for you having chills and then too hot, which means your body is working hard to fight off a virus. Take care and get plenty of rest.

If you have read some of my other posts you are aware that the ADA (American Dental Association) is like your elevator to me. They have been resisting Medicare's wanting to have medically necessary dental work included in Traditional Medicare coverage. Google CMS and ADA to read more about it or see my other posts about it. So far, we have been able to pay for our dental care but there is still a need for regulation of services as too many dentists will demand thousands of dollars for unnecessary work. Dental pain can take over your life if you don't get it resolved.
I feel for you having chills and then too hot, which means your body is working hard to fight off a virus. Take care and get plenty of rest.
It has been so much stress over this elevator situation for weeks. Actually since last July for sure. So I think I was just feeling poorly after it was all over with. I did too much. Went out shopping with Sonny on Sunday. Then Monday my new aide was here. I usually need a break but didn't get one. I got better late afternoon and did not want to cook anything but made myself fix scrambled eggs and that actually helped a lot.

I totally get it, you had no choice but to hold yourself together. Now, that the situation has been fixed, you can fall apart. It is what I call "time for a good cry". You need to release all the stress, being trapped in the apartment, missing Sonny, worried about how you would get food for you and bunny boy. It had to be overwhelming. I have not had to face as difficult of a time as you have but I will admit I broke down the other day and down right sobbed for half an hour. Once I had done that, I felt so much better. Sometimes we just need a good cry, I think it is a girl thing. I am sure men do it too, but in a different way, chopping wood, doing yard work etc. The point is to get the frustration out so you can relax once the crisis has passed.

This morning, my aide is supposed to be here. Yesterday the agency, Committed Care, called and said they were trying to get a hold of her. That she did not fill out some paper that they had needed before she could work???? I could barely understand the woman on the phone, which is normal for them. I hate to keep asking her to repeat it again. That was all I could figure out. I will see if she comes, calls or does not show up. I told the agency rep that I did not want anyone else so fix whatever needs to be done. I will see what happens.

Kat, did the aide come today? I know that I have a very, very tough time being "up" for 2 days in a row. I'm very sorry to hear about the loss of your cousin ❤️

Back