Reflections of My Life

I woke up to a foggy 39 degrees morning. I like the crisp cold air in the morning. Something about it is refreshing to me. Sonny brought water to me yesterday and we watched a little tv. He downloaded the History channel, A & E channel and the WE channel apps from Amazon so I now have them to watch. I almost had a heart attack when I saw 3 invoices from Amazon thanking me for my purchases! Turns out each for 0.00 so I am okay with that.

Little House on the Prairie touches on so many issues we are dealing with today. But in the late 1800's. A few shows deal with the town they moved to and was real noisy and violent. One man controlled everyone in the town. Even his spoiled brat. Another show, after they went back home dealt with a newspaper being started in Walnut Grove and Mrs. Olsen writing a column, "Harriet's Happenings" in which she wrote lies about all the people. Or their personal business like owing a bill at the store. Charles was angry and went to the owner of the paper. He told Charles, it doesn't matter. We have freedom of the press and the people want to read it anyway. Look at how they buy it when every new issue comes out. Charles got up at church and spoke about it and the people realized what they were doing by buying it. That newspaper went out of business.

I am on my second day of the Facebook diet. I check messenger for messages from Jeff, my son. Other than that, I have not gone there. I cannot deal with it. Even though I have eliminated all the trouble makers on my friends list and using FB Purity I was able to get rid of any topic I was not interested in. I realize now that what I need to do is to not read comments on any social media site. I know people are not all going to have the same ideas or opinions but some are outright nasty.

Off to work on my blog now.

Rabbit is such a peaceful companion and I communicate with him even though he does not make a sound. He has his ways of getting my attention though. I bought him an "indoor potty" that is made for small dogs. It is plastic and has a plastic back. I realized after I got it that he was never going to use it as a potty. So I put a cushion on it and he likes to sleep there and always eats his oats there. When he wants oats he will race around me and try to lead me to the cushion.

If I am sleeping or reading or watching tv and he is trying to get my attention, he will stand up on his hind legs to catch my eye. Sometimes though, it is like he actually speaks to me by looking at me and I think his thought is communicated to me in some way. If he cannot get my attention though and I am in bed, he will start chewing on that plastic back of the potty thing. He slams it against the wall to make a loud noise and it wakes me up.

As far as making a sound, he has growled at me. Not lately. When I first got him, before we moved here, he lived with me and my husband for 3 and a half years. He would growl if I took him out of his cage so I could clean it. He was free roaming, but he likes to just lay in his cage and nap for long periods of time. He also does what is called a tooth purr. Kind of like a cat but with his teeth some way. I have only heard him do that a few times. His warning sign to me, is to stomp his back feet hard a couple of times and then to run and hide. Sometimes he has done that after hearing someone out in the hall late at night. He doesn't do it during the day, as there is activity out there.

I enjoy having him as a pet. I never thought I'd live without a cat as they were and will always be my favorite animal. I didn't pick him, God did. He is my last pet and I dread the day I lose him. For now though, life is good with me and my bunny boy.

Since I have cut down on the amount of time I spend on the computer, I have made progress on all the stuff I needed to do in my apartment. Yesterday I fixed the fairy lights over the kitchen cupboards strung around my vase collection. They had become very dim and would not go brighter when I pressed the button to do so. I had to stand on a chair to do it and reach above my head which hurts my shoulders. Standing in one spot is one thing I do that hurts so bad. But I did it and rearranged some of the vases too. Added Christmas bulbs to a few to add a spark of color up there. The wire was being pinched by one of the cupboard doors and that is why it was so dim! Now it looks beautiful and I fixed it myself!

I have decided on my plan for Thanksgiving and Christmas. Sonny has a very large family and they usually get together on Thanksgiving. I know he will probably give me a hard time about it, but I am not going this year. He can go if he wants. Does not really need me there but I know he likes it. I just cannot do this for him. I really do not mind not doing anything for Thanksgiving or Christmas. If he comes here I can make us a dinner and maybe Jeff, my son would come. Toning down my Christmas decorating also. I realized I have started dreading the holidays again, like I used to when I was with my husband. Not going to do that.

Rabbit is such a peaceful companion and I communicate with him even though he does not make a sound. He has his ways of getting my attention though. I bought him an "indoor potty" that is made for small dogs. It is plastic and has a plastic back. I realized after I got it that he was never going to use it as a potty. So I put a cushion on it and he likes to sleep there and always eats his oats there. When he wants oats he will race around me and try to lead me to the cushion.

If I am sleeping or reading or watching tv and he is trying to get my attention, he will stand up on his hind legs to catch my eye. Sometimes though, it is like he actually speaks to me by looking at me and I think his thought is communicated to me in some way. If he cannot get my attention though and I am in bed, he will start chewing on that plastic back of the potty thing. He slams it against the wall to make a loud noise and it wakes me up.

As far as making a sound, he has growled at me. Not lately. When I first got him, before we moved here, he lived with me and my husband for 3 and a half years. He would growl if I took him out of his cage so I could clean it. He was free roaming, but he likes to just lay in his cage and nap for long periods of time. He also does what is called a tooth purr. Kind of like a cat but with his teeth some way. I have only heard him do that a few times. His warning sign to me, is to stomp his back feet hard a couple of times and then to run and hide. Sometimes he has done that after hearing someone out in the hall late at night. He doesn't do it during the day, as there is activity out there.

I enjoy having him as a pet. I never thought I'd live without a cat as they were and will always be my favorite animal. I didn't pick him, God did. He is my last pet and I dread the day I lose him. For now though, life is good with me and my bunny boy.
Interesting about your bunny. Does he shed or need brushing? Is it difficult to bathe him?

Since I have cut down on the amount of time I spend on the computer, I have made progress on all the stuff I needed to do in my apartment. Yesterday I fixed the fairy lights over the kitchen cupboards strung around my vase collection. They had become very dim and would not go brighter when I pressed the button to do so. I had to stand on a chair to do it and reach above my head which hurts my shoulders. Standing in one spot is one thing I do that hurts so bad. But I did it and rearranged some of the vases too. Added Christmas bulbs to a few to add a spark of color up there. The wire was being pinched by one of the cupboard doors and that is why it was so dim! Now it looks beautiful and I fixed it myself!

I have decided on my plan for Thanksgiving and Christmas. Sonny has a very large family and they usually get together on Thanksgiving. I know he will probably give me a hard time about it, but I am not going this year. He can go if he wants. Does not really need me there but I know he likes it. I just cannot do this for him. I really do not mind not doing anything for Thanksgiving or Christmas. If he comes here I can make us a dinner and maybe Jeff, my son would come. Toning down my Christmas decorating also. I realized I have started dreading the holidays again, like I used to when I was with my husband. Not going to do that.
Good for you. I have always hated the holidays and they fill me with dread. "Tis the season" is not for everyone.

This time of year, used to be a busy time for me. What I did not harvest from the garden, my friend and I would buy bushels of from our local produce market. We would split the cost and then I, of course would can my share. Or store in the pantry or root cellar. Now I will just buy some canned or frozen. I don't have much luck storing fall vegetables in my apartment, even without my heat on.

Regardless of not gardening or preserving food anymore, it is still my favorite time of the year. I am getting a lot of things done that I started working on and never finished. I don't know why I just let things sit. Now I make a list the night before of things to do and try to get most of them done.

When I lived with my husband in our house, his negativity would affect me so much. He had created that little homestead by clearing the trees around it and also by planning for and getting horses. He did not start the work on the house unless something went wrong and had to be repaired. He built a barn, cleared an area for the horses and basically worked outside all day. The inside was horrible! It was hard to live like that for as long as I did. 20 years. I loved the horses and two were mine. But he had made so much work for himself, and racked up so much debt due to building a solar system, that we had no money. Not much for food or other expenses.

I started selling on eBay and became a Powerseller, selling off my own things. Not his. I sold guitar strings also. Many different brands. I did better with those on eBay than Amazon or Stringbaby. It got to the point where I could not use the money I had made from selling to buy more products. Debt and trying to pay for household bills. I was stressed and could not think of anything but getting out of there. He was angry, always doing his work yelling and swearing at God. Hated the horses by that time. Blamed them for everything. He would get mad if a cat meowed during the night or even got on his lap. He was not always like this. But when they say not to work too hard, they are right. It got to him. And he got to me.

He was miserable especially when the weather changed and winter was on the horizon. He had cut wood. He knew he would be shoveling snow. Oh, that was a job he hated more than anything. He complained that he never had any alone time. We lived in the middle of acres of state forest. He could have all the alone time he wanted. He had 2 Harleys and a nice truck that was too big for me to drive. I was not comfortable in it. I had nothing. I could only go somewhere with him to drive me. I felt trapped. Miserable. I cried every night when I went to bed. I slept downstairs since I could not go up and down the stairs. Plus I never trusted the two wood stoves burning at night and was afraid we'd have a fire. The cook stove was old and had leaks and I could see the shadows of the flames on the wall. It was scary at night.

View attachment 126233
I am so sorry you had to live like this.

I am no longer a big holiday fan. It’s just too much work and with no children at home, and no one comes over except our son with DS, and our oldest son who wears a mask, its not worth the work.

Interesting about your bunny. Does he shed or need brushing? Is it difficult to bathe him?
Rabbits are not supposed to be bathed at all. Only in extreme circumstances. They clean themselves like cats do. He molts (sheds) several times a year. I have to brush him daily and it is not a problem. He loves it and will stand still till I stop. His fur actually, if I was a spinner, could be spun into thread. He is a Californian rabbit which is bred for meat. He got lucky!

Yesterday I had to vacuum pack the meat I bought at the grocery store. My freezer is full! I am happy. Today I definitely am not doing much. My knees hurt very bad due to all the standing, though I sat on the stool through out the process, when I cut the plastic for the bags I had to stand up. I did not do the dishes after supper last night. So doing them right now.

I plan on watching Little House on the Prairie and coloring (adult coloring is good for stress, makes me feel peaceful) all day. Laundry and changing my bedding can wait till tomorrow. I opened my window and am loving the crisp morning air.

I am a fairly quiet person. I am also not one to point out to others their mistakes or my opinion on what they should be doing. I might complain about someone to my bf, but not to others or them. Not so much because I want to avoid conflict (which I do) but because I realize everybody is different and my ways is not everybody else's way. Now if they ask my opinion. that is different. Writing is my normal method of complaining since no one but me will read it.

Living in an apartment building like I do is the way I can see many different people and their lives up close. I am friendly to everyone, as much as saying good morning or just hello. If they want to have a conversation with me, I will talk with them a bit. Some people are just lonely and need to talk. Then there are some who won't even say hello back. Some are downright rude.

There is a couple who live upstairs who hate me for some reason I do not know. I always say hello to them if I pass them or like yesterday ride in the elevator with them. They ignore my greeting and me. It is a small elevator! One day the wife appeared at my door with some jewelry she was selling that her husband makes. I bought a pair of earrings just to make them like me (or at least speak to me). Did that make a difference? No. They still never speak to me. So when she appeared at my door again to sell something else he made I just said no thank you. Now if they were that way to others too, I could understand that. But they are very friendly to everyone else. Even the new maintenance man.

I thought about this and have decided I will continue to greet them in a very friendly, happy tone. My Mom always told me you catch more flies with honey than vinegar (or something like that). So I will kill them with friendliness.

I am a fairly quiet person. I am also not one to point out to others their mistakes or my opinion on what they should be doing. I might complain about someone to my bf, but not to others or them. Not so much because I want to avoid conflict (which I do) but because I realize everybody is different and my ways is not everybody else's way. Now if they ask my opinion. that is different. Writing is my normal method of complaining since no one but me will read it.

Living in an apartment building like I do is the way I can see many different people and their lives up close. I am friendly to everyone, as much as saying good morning or just hello. If they want to have a conversation with me, I will talk with them a bit. Some people are just lonely and need to talk. Then there are some who won't even say hello back. Some are downright rude.

There is a couple who live upstairs who hate me for some reason I do not know. I always say hello to them if I pass them or like yesterday ride in the elevator with them. They ignore my greeting and me. It is a small elevator! One day the wife appeared at my door with some jewelry she was selling that her husband makes. I bought a pair of earrings just to make them like me (or at least speak to me). Did that make a difference? No. They still never speak to me. So when she appeared at my door again to sell something else he made I just said no thank you. Now if they were that way to others too, I could understand that. But they are very friendly to everyone else. Even the new maintenance man.

I thought about this and have decided I will continue to greet them in a very friendly, happy tone. My Mom always told me you catch more flies with honey than vinegar (or something like that). So I will kill them with friendliness.
Don’t put any more energy into thinking about it, it will drive you crazy, lol. Just be your usual self, do not buy any more jewelry, and move on. People can be very strange. I once had a store clerk say that she thought I walked so well I didn’t need a walker.

I responded that I’d let my doctor know her opinion. 😂. At that point in time, couple decades back, I mostly needed the walker for balance so yes I could walk well, with the walker. Without it, I walked like a drunken sailor. 🤣

Yesterday, I did it again..........second time in the last two months that I ordered something on Amazon for my son that I accidentally charged my own debit card and not his! Luckily I had money to cover it in my savings account. Just transferred it before the credit union did. If they did, they would have charged me a fee and then it would have put it at a negative balance. I tried to cancel the order but it could not be cancelled. I will get the money from Jeff's account next time I am out.

I am on the last season of Little House on the Prairie. I don't like it as well so taking me longer to go through it. I miss Michael Landon in these shows. And they changed the intro, which I loved. Watching the 3 little girls running down the hill. I know all the cast wanted to move on as the children grew up. But I would have enjoyed watching the lives of the main children after they grew up. Oh well, the next series I plan to watch is The Waltons.

Sonny brought me water and hay yesterday afternoon and we just sat and watched Little House on the Prairie. Was relaxing to not go shopping or anywhere. He really got into the show, yet he does not watch it at home. He is more into Law & Order or Pawnbrokers.

I have not turned my heat on yet. Not that I am trying to save money or anything like that. I am just not cold. It is 55 this morning and that is not cold to me. I see people all bundled up when they go out. I am still wearing shorts or skirts. Living with wood stoves for so long, I dreaded the times of year when it was cooler out but the heat of the wood stove was too warm. I slept downstairs near the stove and it was a big one (I could put 4 canning size pots on it at the same time). So it put out a lot of heat, even when banked back. I had a love hate relationship with wood stoves. Now I am thankful to have electric heat and being totally comfortable and in my own control.

I woke up this morning around 6 and was so hot. I opened my window even though it is cold out. Felt so good. about 10 minutes ago, I am sitting here writing on my computer and hear people waiting for the elevator saying how cold it is out here........uh oh! I guess my cool air was escaping out my door! I keep a sheet rolled up along the bottom of the door but around the frame of the door there is an open space. At night I see the light coming through there and the space is quite big. I need to research that to see if there is something I can block that space with that would not affect opening and closing the door.

There are 7 couples who live in this apartment building, 21 singles, 35 total people in the whole building. There are 2 apartments that are empty at the present time. Right now there is 5 dogs, 3 cats, that I know of and 2 house rabbits. For the most part, things have been pretty quiet during this quarantine. Nobody has gotten sick so far. I really miss the community room though. We used to have a potluck supper once a month. Bingo twice a month, movies on the dvd player that one of us would bring down and we'd have popcorn and bring our own drinks. Our resident meeting was a meeting that we'd have coffee and a snack and discuss our concerns living here and we'd pay $2. dues and that money would go toward sending someone a gift when they were in the hospital or returned from the hospital, or lost a family member, sometimes it would go toward a pizza party downstairs. Some of us are closer than others. Some keep to themselves.

big.jpg

This is my apartment building. This side of it is where there are businesses. Chenango County Art Council is in here with a large theater that originally was the school's auditorium.

school.jpg

This is what it used to look like. It was built in 1880

I have been feeling pretty good for the last few days. I truly think it is due to not eating high carbs and sugar. Yesterday I was able to do my laundry downstairs using my rolling walker instead of "Jazzy" (mobility chair). It has been months since I could do that! Just something simple as eating healthy for me food. One thing that helps me stick to this and not be tempted is not eating with others. They may mean well but almost everyone else thinks that I am silly to follow the keto food plan. I always wonder why they think that when they complain of a million health issues and don't even consider their food intake.

Intermitten fasting is the other thing I do and only eat between certain times. Noon to 7:00 PM is my window for eating and it is so easy I don't even have to think about it. Some days, I only eat once around 3 instead. That is due to forgetting to fix something earlier and it takes a bit to prepare and cook. I do have my coffee every morning though and that keeps me satisfied.

As far at the Ketogenic food plan goes, I do not measure macros and all that stuff. I use Fitday to keep track of my food but have not done it at all this past week. Need to start doing it again. Just been too busy. I keep my carbs at 20 or below. That is easy to do if you learn how many carbs is in the food you eat regularly. I don't weigh myself either. I use clothing to measure myself. A favorite pair of pants that I cannot wear........I have two. One is a smaller size than the other. Got to keep track to stay on track.

I finally turned my heat on. It is set at 68. The only reason I turned it on is because Rabbit's ears felt cold. So I thought he might need it warmer, especially at night. My house plants I have to move from the window sill in the evening to the table. It is too cold near the windows. They do not have storm windows on them. I like cooler temps just not freezing ones.

I think not having the aide has been good for me. It forced me to do the work. Actually I feel much better due to the keto food plan and IF, so I can do the work. I vacuumed yesterday and that wore me out.....but I did it! Looks good as I made a few changes while doing it. Rabbit loves it when I move things around. Especially his stuff or what he considers his stuff. You would think the loud vacuum would really scare him, but not for long. He goes under the bed when it first goes on and after a bit he comes out. Rabbits seem to be as curious as cats.

Well I told Sonny yesterday that I am not going anywhere for Thanksgiving. He said he would not go to his family's dinner if I didn't. But I held my ground. He can go if he wants. Or he can come here and I will fix a dinner. And Jeff can come here if he wants or come get some dinner and take home. I told him I won't be hurt if Sonny spends it with his family and I won't. When I go anywhere like that I keep watching the clock hoping it is time to go home. Even when I am at his house. I don't know what is wrong with me but that is how I really feel. I am doing well on the keto food plan but I might splurge for Thanksgiving and have a traditional dinner..........just not a huge amount of food.

I spent too many years with my husband's family on every holiday and having to ignore my own. I resented it. His mother acted like a spoiled brat if I did not go to their family dinners. It was way too religious for me and they pushed the religion down our throats. My family was Catholic and their family members would make remarks against Catholics. I did not like it one bit.

Well last night Facebook removed the old design and it messed up the FB Purity I was using and everyone else was using. I could not scroll the newsfeed at all. I would try to read a post or write a comment and it would jump to another spot. Horrible! It finally froze my computer when I tried to post my good night photo. I left without even posting a good night. Maybe the FBP software people will work on it and come up with something. Everyone was on their page complaining and asking for help. I shut my computer down for the whole night. If I go there today, I will use my phone but I do not post when using my phone. So that is it for that for the time being.

From my apartment window I can look out the window and see a fake owl on the roof of the gymnasium directly across from me. I don't know why he is there but I guess he has been there for years. Crows aren't scared of him. They sit up there along the ledge. One thing I do miss living here is the wild birds that came to my deck rail all winter. One of the woodpeckers would even come to the window in my living room because somehow he figured out that was where I was. I had 2 pairs of blue jays and one of them really loved my pumpkin bread. He would pick up as many pieces as he could at once! I scattered the food along the rail so they would give others a chance. There was a whole family of woodpeckers and they were there all winter too. Of course, I had many chickadees and they would try to get my attention when I was at the well getting water. I saved many of them from my cats and from flying into the sliding glass doors. Even putting stickers on the doors did not stop them. I will never the birds at Peaceful Forest.

Sonny's cousin has opened a horse stable. She said people can pay what they can afford or nothing for riding or even for boarding. She is offering lessons, riding, training or just spending time with horses. She said she does not care to make money off it. But offer people the chance to be around horses. I am planning on going there and maybe spend some time brushing a horse or two. I just miss my horses so much and at first I thought I would never want to be near another one again. Because it hurts so much. But I know I had to leave my house in order to save my 3 horses' lives. I did that. Hopefully, they are fat and happy now where they went all three together. After seeing Sonny's cousin's photos of her new stable and herd of horses, I am dying to go see them and be around them.........and smell that horse flesh again. And have them smelling me and sneezing all over me...............

My horses, Dark Shadow, Georgie Girl and Tawny.

3_horses.jpg

Reflections?
yea, have some

I thought I was a redneck until age 17, when i moved far, far, into the rural.

These lyrics applied to the natives

"Well, I was drunk the day my Mom got outta prison.
And I went to pick her up in the rain.
But, before I could get to the station in my pickup
truck
She got runned over by a damned old train."
By David Allen cole

My potential father-in-law,
his three son's
and a son-in-law drove off a 200 foot cliff.

The son-in-law's annual visit with his wife were eagerly anticipated: He had a job-money for beer!
They had driven to beer joint got, three cases of beer...

They drank two cases in a roadside park,s drank two cases, tarted home:
The pappy, who was driving, drove off the cliff.

The son-in-law was decapitated- he was a semi-decent person,
Just didn't seem right, that the only half-way Decent Person should get Killed while the others lived (?)

The pappy had a broken back ,he wouldn't die...(
.the three sons, all had broken legs, arms, internal injuries)

Friday I had a nail appointment so had Sonny take me to the farmer's market because my friend gave me two $4.00 coupons she got from OFA. We went there and they had a lot of good stuff! I just wish that market was closer to downtown. I am sure a lot more people would go there........plus, I could go to it on Jazzy. Well, tomorrow (Monday) I am calling OFA to see if they have any more coupons left. I believe they give you $20. worth and it cannot be used in a grocery store. Just at local farm stands or farmer's markets.

local.JPG

The only beverages I drink is coffee (2 cups in the morning), ice tea, sometimes hot herbal teas and water. I make ice and keep a ice bin full. Ice is definitely a luxury for me! In my off-the-grid home, our refrigerator did not have a freezer so we did not have ice. I lived for 6 years with no refrigerator at all. So I didn't have a problem with no freezer or no ice. I guess I pretended it didn't matter. I pretended that I liked to drink room temperature water or tea.

Sometimes I would get a drink right from the well and it was so cold and good. When I finally got the refrigerator, I kept it in the pantry so it was not in a heated room. It would not run all winter. I started making tea and putting in the refrigerator so I would have a cold glass of tea. I loved that! Now I have plenty of ice and keep my bin full. I make big ice cubes filling the tray right to the top. It is still a luxury to me and I always appreciate it.

The new Facebook design affects my computer really bad. It makes it run too hard and causes it to freeze. No other site does that so I know it is FB. I suppose this is a sign for me to stop going there. I hate to lose touch with my friends and family but I have no choice. When things happen in my life, I usually see them as a sign of something better in the future. That is the way it has always turned out. Even when bad things happen...........or rather, especially when bad things happen. What it is doing so far, is to make me being more productive on things I put off doing because I am stuck on FB. Nope, not a bad thing at all.

This week my problem is only feeding Rabbit hay. No greens. No oats. No treats.......which is his morning banana. He has a condition and the way to clear it is up is a totally hay diet. He is mad at me at the moment. He is used to getting oats or greens whenever he asks. I have to do this for his own good, but how do you explain to a rabbit? It could take three weeks or more to clear up this problem (Intermitten Soft Cecotropes or ISC). He has had this problem for a long time now but I didn't know it was a health issue. I thought it was just his body's system and I had to deal with it. I found the exact issues he has on The House Rabbit Society's website and know this is what it is. I am excited to think I can clear it up with the right diet! I did not know a thing about house rabbits when I got him so probably made many mistakes.

My other problem is that my telephone tells me I am running out of storage space. I do not understand that. So I am trying to move ALL photos to my external hard drive but I have to send them to my email or messenger on fb to save them. Trying to do it through out the day, little by little. I had to delete ALL my messages that were texted to me. I hated to do that because of Sonny's and think some day I might not have him and would like to see those messages. Same with the voice mail box which is full of his messages to me when we first got together and I love to listen to those. Maybe I need to buy a tape recorder and record them.

I did not do my laundry yesterday so will be doing it for sure today. It is raining so a good day for inside stuff.......who am I kidding? I am ALWAYS doing inside stuff!

Last edited:

Back