Reflections of My Life

I had bad thunderstorms here yesterday, late afternoon and in the evening. I unplugged everything.....well, not the lights nor my fan. I colored and talked to Rabbit. I used to be so frightened of storms at my house but now here, they are usually not very bad. A lot of people I know do not unplug anything but I am not going to take a chance of losing something. When I lived at my house I lost my printer and it was plugged into an inverter that was not on. The printer was not on either. So I have been unplugging everything since I moved here. No big deal.

I saw on fb that there is a bear in a tree is someone's yard down near the river. Maybe he got swept up in the river and ended up on the wrong side. Don't know for sure, but that was my guess.

Rabbit has always refused to eat watermelon in all the time I have had him. Well, Friday night, Sonny gave him a piece and he ate it and now he really likes it! I am not going to buying it regularly for him though. Bad for his teeth. Fruit has to be a treat and he tries to make me give them to him all the time. I give him a piece of banana when I get my 2nd cup of coffee.........and yes, he knows when I go back for my 2nd cup. In the evening, after the kitchen is all cleaned up and I sit in my recliner to color and watch videos, I give him 6-8 blackberries. He looks forward to that time too.

watermelon.JPG

My boyfriend, Sonny has been distraught over losing his dog, French Fry. The other two dogs can't take her place. As anyone who owns a pet knows, each one is unique in its own way. She was his constant companion always having to be near him or aware of whatever he was doing. Spud is a Jack Russel and is pretty much deaf and blind but runs around like a youngster at times. But not a lap dog and he might get on the bed for a bit but I think he gets hot and wants to sleep on the cool floor. French Fry would sleep all night curled up to Sonny.

I figured he was better off with only two dogs (and a parrot) but all of a sudden he told me he wanted to get another Dachshund like French Fry. His daughter and him started trying to find a female puppy that looked like French Fry. Well......prices begin around $1500 and the good ones were even more. Then a friend of his on fakebook contacted him that one of her friends posted a 5 year old Dachshund Corgi mix that she wanted to rehome. She said they were always working and when they weren't working they were taking their daughters on trips and activities. The little dog was not happy being alone. They said she had anxiety but never said what she did.

He contacted the woman and finally went to their house yesterday to meet the dog and maybe bring it home. They wanted to see how the dog reacted to him before saying yes for sure. One other person had been to see it but for some reason they did not get it. Sonny was next in line. Sonny has a way with animals. They just seem to pick him out of a crowd. Well, to make a long story short, he brought the little dog home.........Cinnamon is her name. She is cute as can be though I have not met her in person yet.

cinny0.jpg

I wonder why sometimes I go to bed at night and think about all the stuff I am going to do the next day. Next day comes and I never do it. Sometimes I just want to do only the chores that MUST be done.......like cleaning Rabbit's cage and washing dishes if I used any. Then nothing after that. I never used to be like this. I would be so proud of all the chores I could do in one day and walk away from a clean kitchen at night. Well, I still keep a clean kitchen, whole apartment actually. Just me and it is very small.

When you live alone you can even eat cold leftovers and it doesn't matter. I am not saying I do that all the time, but there are times I do. I practice self-care and usually make a decent meal. Maybe not so much in this hot weather. That is why I will make a pot of pasta or chili, something like that and plan to eat it for few days. If I have it longer than two days though, I usually don't want it. So now I make really smaller sized pots of whatever it is.

I enjoyed myself very much yesterday at my brother's show. I met new people and was outside the whole day. Sonny parked his car right up close to Mickey's tents so when we wanted a drink or something to eat it was easy to get to. It was not too hot so I was comfortable and my feet did not swell up like they do in hot weather. Mickey was introducing to me to everyone so I think he was glad I came. We did not leave till after the fireworks. On the way home, we stopped at Sonny's house to check on his dogs and parrot. I have a feeling his dog, Spud, is not long for this world. I hadn't seen him since January and it made me sad but I did not mention it to Sonny since he is still not over French Fry dying.
View attachment 173145
@katlupe Two dogs, named French Fry and Spud.....There must be a story there! I enjoyed finding and reading your posts. Thanks! P.S. How did you choose the name Rabbit?🐇

@katlupe Two dogs, named French Fry and Spud.....There must be a story there! I enjoyed finding and reading your posts. Thanks! P.S. How did you choose the name Rabbit?🐇
Thank you for reading my posts! I really appreciate knowing that someone likes what I write.

To answer your questions.........Sonny got Spud when he was driving over the road trucks. He used to deliver and set up mobile homes all over the country. Spud was his driving partner. Not sure why he named him that.

Spud

haircut.JPG

Then Sonny met a couple that had a Dachshund on their truck and he wanted one. So he bought a little male puppy that he named Tater. I never met Tater because he ended up dying before me. After that he met a woman driver and they got married and became partners on the road. So she wanted a puppy too.........yeah I know THREE dogs in the cab of an over the road truck???? YIKES! Especially puppies needing to be trained. Oh well, Sonny named her French Fry to go with Spud and Tater.

French Fry

queen.JPG

Thank you for reading my posts! I really appreciate knowing that someone likes what I write.

To answer your questions.........Sonny got Spud when he was driving over the road trucks. He used to deliver and set up mobile homes all over the country. Spud was his driving partner. Not sure why he named him that.

Spud

View attachment 174766

Then Sonny met a couple that had a Dachshund on their truck and he wanted one. So he bought a little male puppy that he named Tater. I never met Tater because he ended up dying before me. After that he met a woman driver and they got married and became partners on the road. So she wanted a puppy too.........yeah I know THREE dogs in the cab of an over the road truck???? YIKES! Especially puppies needing to be trained. Oh well, Sonny named her French Fry to go with Spud and Tater.

French Fry

View attachment 174767
Sounds like there's a children's book in there somewhere! 🥔🥔🍟

Sounds like there's a children's book in there somewhere!🥔🥔🍟
Funny you should say that! I started a book about Rabbit but I just am not good at formating for the kindle. I even have the photos to go with it. I made it a story book from his point of view. So I had fun with it, but nothing more. I did two cookbooks that are on Amazon but I never even look at them or promote them. The people who review are so cruel when they don't like something that I just quit doing that.

Rabbit sounds like he is very intelligent....sorta like he adopted you. Your posts seem to have a natural rhythm to them, and I am sure your books will have the same effect and draw the readers in. Good luck!
Thank you! I think he is very intelligent!

I don't think any books will be in my future. I am satisfied with my life the way it is now. Writing here is fun. I have a blog still up but not really interested in keeping it up anymore.

Today the Office for the Aging was downstairs in the lobby handing out the coupons for the local farmers' markets. It is $20. and comes in handy. But your income has to be low. Mine is. I almost feel sorry for the ones who do not qualify since their income is too high. I know they have more money than I do but they have to pay for their rent and other things too. Not all the apartments in this building are subsidized. It is based on your income if it is subsidized.

The office of the aging in our county is very helpful to all of us here. Any problem that is the first place to call. If you need a ride to an appointment, they have that covered too. If you are eligible for Medicaid, that pays for rides to doctor appointments.

I have been wanting to go take pictures in the park and around town but it has been raining every day. I did manage to get to the dumpster on Jazzy this morning. But it started raining again as I was coming in. Soon I am sure we will have some days of sunshine but this is typical for July in NY. Thunderstorms. I hate those.

Well one thing that helps keep me off fakebook is that neither of my browsers, Firefox (which I absolutely hate but use it for certain sites I go to) and Chromium will not load there. But everywhere else they work fine. Must be it is one of those messages I get from God that I should stay off that site.

Even though I talk to family and friends, it tends to depress me. It is not really personal posts with them but when you like a page, you see comments and some people are just so clueless. I see over and over people put a joke meme up and then someone tries to explain why that is not true...........someone has to explain to them, "It is a joke." Or people who try to make a comment on something that has nothing at all to do with politics and they have to make a little dig in there. I leave when they do that.

People say what will you do if you there is no social media? I will miss it sure. But I can live without it. I enjoy Ancestry and Pinterest and coming here but if I didn't have it, I would get used to it. Just like I got used to living without electric and running water. At least if I could still have a computer for writing or doing photos, I'd be okay. I love paying bills online and using email so that would be harder. Of course, that and online shopping is not really social media.

Forums like this are way to go. I used to belong to a really big homesteading one. It was great when the first owner had it but he sold it and then it was sold a couple more times. Then the owners were not into homesteading just into making money and it changed. Everyone left and went to fakebook. I am friends with a lot of those people still. Some are really close friends though I have never met them in person. That forum is still going and I will check it out every now and then because they send me emails. Just not like it was before. My rabbit forum is nice. No fighting. Everyone just wants to know how to care for their house rabbits.

Well, I guess those are my thoughts for today. Thanks for listening.

@katlupe, we had those same storms down here in Connecticut.

My little dog was terrorized. My friend's TV and cable box blew up! My place was ok.

Sonny's new dog is cute. What did he name it? How about Chip?(as in tater)
;):ROFLMAO:

I have to say, you were a very beautiful bride!
Thank you very much for the compliment!

Sonny didn't name his dog because she already had a name, Cinnamon. He has made friends on fb with the woman who gave her to him. They are loving the posts he makes about Cinnamon. So last night the husband's mother sent him a friend request and they ended up messaging until Sonny told her to call him if she wanted because he could not see well enough to do messenger. In an instant the phone rang! He put her on speaker and Cinnamon was responding to her voice!

In August Sonny was supposed to go on a family vacation with his granddaughter's family and his daughter and her granddaughter to The Renaissance festival in Sterling, NY. They had been planning it for awhile. Two nights away and Sonny and his daughter got two rooms in a hotel because the others were camping and they can't do the camping bit anymore. Well, I kept reminding him that if he got another dog before this trip, he might have a problem leaving it alone at his house. His friend is coming to spend a couple hours each day with his dogs and Chipper. But his dogs are old and can handle that and are used to it.

Well now he got Cinnamon. He does not want to leave her. They do not allow dogs at the festival. So he called his daughter's close friend and asked her if she would like a free vacation. Everything is paid for all ready. She was like........."what? What's the catch?" She thought it was a joke or something. Nope.

Sonny should not been going anyway because of his toes, They are still healing and he is wearing sneakers with the toes cut out.

He just dropped me off from shopping. Usually he comes up and we have supper together but he needed to get back home because of Cinnamon. But he needed to rest after being Walmart. Too much for him with those toes and the hot weather.

Tonight there is a an outdoor concert in the park. Lots of people are usually there. Every Thursday all summer. I won't be going. I just want to relax and read in my cool apartment.

Yesterday I worked on rearranging the area by my recliner. It is a spot I spend a lot of my time at. Either here at my computer, which is on a round kitchen table or sitting in my recliner where I can watch my television or whatever I choose to do. I had a pile of throw pillows that I used to keep on the bed but took them off there because I found I like having my bed clear of stuff. So I gave all the pillows and the cushion set I had for the rocking chair away. I know I could have used one for Rabbit but he already has a cushion and doesn't need any more.

I am trying to keep it easy to clean and especially to dust. I get a lot of dust so need to keep on it. I like the way it looks much better now. I still have stuff near my chair on the stand and next to the cedar chest which each one is on the other side of the recliner.....but just more organized.

Yesterday afternoon, I got really sick. I was feeling stuffed up and throat started feeling sore. Then I noticed this smell, like perfume or something, but a familiar smell. I put on the air purifiers and was eating cough drops like crazy. I was nauseous and was afraid of what was wrong with me. Then I was on my way out the door with bags of pillows and of garbage and it hit me...........the darn garbage bags! Of course! I bought a box of 40 or 50, a big box and they have a fragrance in them. Well sometimes it is only faint but I had the box open getting out more than one and then opening them and putting stuff in them. Yes, that is what it was.

Once I knew I was better able to deal with it. I ended up watching videos on YouTube last night about Multiple Chemical Sensitivities (MCS is what it is known as) and reminding myself how to avoid getting another attack. One of the videos specifically mentioned garbage bags! Yeah, I need to give my bags to Sonny and get unscented ones. My son can't use scented ones either because he is bothered by certain scents also.

Today will be a better day for sure.

Sonny picked my up yesterday to take me to Bowman Lake State Park. It is about 15 minutes from here. He wanted me to meet Cinnamon, his new dog. He picked up Subway chopped salads for us and burgers for Cinnamon. Well, when I got in the car, she was not exactly happy with me. Most likely she did not like that I took her seat and he put her in the back. But after we got to the park and I was talking to her and giving her pieces of hamburger, she was fine with me.

She appears to be very smart. Not once, the whole day did she bark. Nor growl. She watched. I like that in a dog. My dog, Nikita, was not a barker but would do a gruff one bark thing as a warning. There were a lot of people around. They were noisy and letting loose in the park. Other dogs were barking and running (on leashes) but Cinnamon just watched. We chose a picnic site in a forested area so were not in the sun mostly because that was all that was left. We were there for me to get to know Cinnamon so that was okay by me. The people on the beach would have been distracting.

For me, it was refreshing to be out in the country and especially the forest. I love trees and especially the big old trees. I am able to drown out the sound of people noise and just focus on the peace of the forest. I have missed that. I used to walk in the forest almost daily, maybe several times in one day. We go to this park usually several times a year. This was the first time on a week-end and it was crowded. In the fall it is beautiful. My favorite time actually.

Here is a couple of pictures of Cinnamon.

pretty.JPG

att.JPG

Today started out to be a lazy day for me. Ever since the other day getting sick from the garbage bag scent, I have been itchy. When I watched the YouTube videos about Multiple chemical sensitivity one woman said it made her itchy. I did not even put that together with something affecting your respiratory system. I always thought it was hormonal. Then I saw that could also be from low magnesium. That must be why doctors have such a hard time giving you the right diagnosis.

Anyway I did get some things done like two loads of laundry, but not much else. I of course, did Rabbit's cage. I always do that. I have not been making my bed like normal. To make it easier, I now keep it a few inches away from the wall on both sides in the corner. So I can get behind it to put the sheet on. I only put a fitted bottom sheet on and then when I go to bed just put the sheet over me and if I am cold, I add the flannel sheet which I use as a blanket. In the morning I just fold those up and don't bother making the bed. It is easy and nobody sees it anyway.

Here is a picture I took yesterday of Rabbit when he was standing up asking for a treat.

a.JPG

She's a very pretty girl!
Thank you! I did some research on this mix and this is the type of dog Queen Elizabeth has. Corgi and Dachshund. They call them Dorgis I think.

She is very smart and already a good watch dog. Sonny's family is used to just walking into his house day or night. Last night he was soaking his feet and his grandson walked in the door. The hallway is dark, but in an instant Cinnamon let out howl that scared Sonny, let alone his grandson. Actually he needed that. I have always worried about him out there by himself.

I think my body warranty has run out! Yesterday I changed the sheet on my bed and did laundry. This morning I could barely get out of bed. My shoulders especially hurt and both arms. I sit here thinking what did I do that was so bad that I would ache like this? The bed! Changing the sheet is still not easy, but easier with the bed away from the wall. Hanging my wet clothing on the shower curtain rod to dry! The reach up has always hurt me and I try to avoid it as much as possible. So I figure when I finally get my aide, those will be two of her jobs.

It seems I have been waiting forever to get my aide to begin work. She has had such problems with RCIL and her paperwork. Not only is it even longer for her (the aide) but she worked for them up until March and then did not have a client from them after that. Until me. In April. So she has to do everything all over like she never worked there. Including medical stuff.

I have to replace my phone. Sonny said he will get it for me. I want one that does not have all those apps on it. It is not important for me to use it for fb either. I liked Messenger because Jeff used to send me messages on it. But now he has been calling me instead. The thing is that he cannot go to fb anymore since they changed their site that last time. His computer probably needs some work but I cannot go up his stairs and I really don't know much about it. My husband used to take care of our computers and I have to say that is one thing I do miss about him.

Back to the phone, I need one I can use Straight Talk for getting more minutes and I want to keep my number. Sonny is the only person I actually talk to on it besides Jeff. Everything else is what I call business calls. Appointments, landlord management, maintenance, social security, medicare, medicaid, office of the aging, etc.

And then I still need a new computer..............

Back