Regifting.......

I re-gifted an earring-necklace set given to me by a friend. I asked her if she wouldn't mind if I gave the set to my granddaughter. The earrings were pierced and I do not, nor do I ever intend to get my ears pierced. Of course she didn't mind. BTW many of my clip on earrings give the illusion that I have pierced ears.

Last edited:
If I'm being totally honest, the idea of actually regifting (by that I mean using a gift someone has given to you and pretending you've bought it to give someone else) seems just a wee bit tacky to me. Now if you're just passing something you've received on to someone else but not pretending it's a gift you've actually bought for that person, that's a different colored horse to me.

I see nothing wrong with regifting a nice new item, if you believe it’s something that would be appreciated.

I can say this because I don’t give gifts, except financial to my family.

This may horrify some people - I detest giving gifts and detest it even more when I get one.

There’s too much consumerism in the world already.

I see nothing wrong with regifting a nice new item, if you believe it’s something that would be appreciated.

I can say this because I don’t give gifts, except financial to my family.

This may horrify some people - I detest giving gifts and detest it even more when I get one.

There’s too much consumerism in the world already.
My family doesn't give gifts either. We all got tired of getting one more thing we had no use for.

Back