Report Card/ Teacher Comments You Recall

My late husband spent his school years with the Benedictines. They're tough. I saw one of his report cards and he had an "F" in Moral Guidance. I asked what got him an F in Moral Guidance. He said, "Asking the wrong questions..."
It wasn't like in that short story I think was called "Conversion of the Jews" where the little kid asked his instructor how Jesus could have been born without intercourse, was it?
:oops::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

@Packerjohn and any other former teachers, you must have some favourite phrases you used to politely express what you were thinking about some students.
Sure, some of had "sweat hogs" for students! They worked so hard in class that the "sweat" just poured. I'm kidding you here. Truth be know, the "sweat hogs" were the lazy class. LOL

Attachments

• Sweat hog.jpg
    Sweat hog.jpg
    83.3 KB · Views: 0
It was not on my report card but my forth grade teacher was at a PTA meeting and my mother was on the board and she told my mother she wanted to speak to her about her daughter. My mother said she was embarrassed the way she said it to her like I was a horrible kid or something. Then she told my mother that there was something wrong with me because when other kids would try to talk to me during class or hand me a note I would not answer them or look at them. My mother told her it was because I was deathly afraid of her! I was. She was the meanest teacher I ever had, Mrs. Mullins.

Then the last day of school for me (because my family was moving to FL) we were standing in line waiting for the bus to go home and someone spoke to me and I answered them. Mrs. Mullins slapped me! She got her chance just before I left. I always remembered that but not that I did something wrong............she did. No wonder her nickname was "battle ax Mullins."

I suspect you only shared that term with fellow teachers. LOL.
Sure! One of the great reasons I enjoyed the challenges of education was the "fellowship" with the other teachers. We all had a sense of humour and the laughs never stopped. A teacher who had no sense of humour and was just too serious never lasted. They left the profession and went int other types of business like real estate or sales. I stuck it out and even today always enjoy a smile and a good laugh. It's what keeps me going and keeps me sane in what is often a crazy, insane world where things just don't make a "bag of beans" when it comes to common sense.

Attachments

• A Good Day in the Classroom.jpg
    A Good Day in the Classroom.jpg
    109.1 KB · Views: 2
  • Working with young keeps you young.jpg
    Working with young keeps you young.jpg
    78.1 KB · Views: 2
To graduate HS I needed one more 'solid' credit (math, english, science, history,,,etc.). I had already passed algebra, geometry and trig. I signed up for a consumer math class, at the end of the year the teacher gave me my card and wrote, 'You wasted my year and I wasted your's'.

Last edited:
Well, just before she passed away, my mom gave me my Kindergarten report card and it showed I failed. :eek: Good heavens, how can one fail kindergarten? Don't know, but I have proof it can happen. 😮
When I was in elementary school, children were occasionally held back in Kindergarten with the excuse that they 'weren't mature' enough to pass on to the first grade. How the heck mature does a 4-6-year-old have to be, anyway?! I thought that practice was really stupid.

To graduate HS I needed one more math credit, I had already passed algebra, geometry and trig. I signed up for a consumer math class, at the end of the year the teacher gave me my 'A' and wrote on my report card, 'You wasted my year and I wasted your's'.
Hahaha! Sounds like mine! The high schools I attended only required ONE math course/credit.. and boy did it take some doing for me to get it.

Back