Rittenhouse found not guilty on all charges

You may have been sad @Aunt Bea, but were you surprised?
The more I study the facts the more I believe that the jury made the right legal decision.

I’m still very concerned about the idea of someone taking a firearm to a protest with the intention of helping. Very scary.

I think that Rittenhouse believed that carrying and brandishing a weapon would give him some sort of authority or respect through intimidation.

I also think it scared the crap out of him when he realized that it didn’t

IMO Rittenhouse doesn’t display the emotional maturity and stability to own or carry a firearm.

Sounds like Aunt Marg has returned! More US bashing, just what this "friendly" forum needs!

FWIW, when we lived in WA state, we once made a day trip to Vancouver, BC. The traffic was horrible, drivers were as bad as anything I've seen in NY or Chicago, and we tried to get on a bus and ask the driver a question, and he snapped at us very rudely. We were astonished, as none of this fit our previous perceptions of Canadians.

We never returned to Vancouver after that, though we did visit other parts of Canada often, and found the people very nice. (Most of the people in the US are very nice also). Canada has its shootings also, BTW. Just read the news. It's so easy to sling nasty generalizations around. None of them hold up when given a moment's thought.

I do agree with you that it's much too easy for children to get their hands on guns. But how about toning down the hatred of this country? In spite of having lots of room for improvement, most people find it a wonderful place to live, or visit.
Well, it gives the Mine's better 'n yours crowd an opportunity to feel good about themselves; they have no other way to get that smug feeling.
Much like the vaccinated crowd putting down those who choose not to get vaccinated.
You know what I'm talkin' about. 😁

The more I study the facts the more I believe that the jury made the right legal decision.

I’m still very concerned about the idea of someone taking a firearm to a protest with the intention of helping. Very scary.

I think that Rittenhouse believed that carrying and brandishing a weapon would give him some sort of authority or respect through intimidation.

IMO Rittenhouse doesn’t display the emotional maturity and stability to own or carry a firearm.
Well said Aunt Bea, I agree.

Wonderful to see some of the media still fanning the flames. :rolleyes:
Some British media lied about Rittenhouse.
“Full story: Teenager who shot three black men with rifle found not guilty on all charges,” the Independent wrote on its front page Friday.
The British outlet then later quietly made a correction without an editor’s note apologizing for the "error".
Not just the British though...
The largest media outlets in Brazil this week had to retract their articles on the Rittenhouse case because they claimed it was a case of a white youth having shot and killed two black men. They got this from the US media, which deliberately cultivated this false narrative. :mad:

Exhibit #39,887,215 for the truth of the old saying: “If you don’t read the newspaper, you are uninformed.

Wonderful to see some of the media still fanning the flames. :rolleyes:
Some British media lied about Rittenhouse.
“Full story: Teenager who shot three black men with rifle found not guilty on all charges,” the Independent wrote on its front page Friday.
The British outlet then later quietly made a correction without an editor’s note apologizing for the "error".
Not just the British though...
The largest media outlets in Brazil this week had to retract their articles on the Rittenhouse case because they claimed it was a case of a white youth having shot and killed two black men. They got this from the US media, which deliberately cultivated this false narrative. :mad:

Exhibit #39,887,215 for the truth of the old saying: “If you don’t read the newspaper, you are uninformed.
The Independent is owned by a Russian oligarch with partial ownership by a Saudi investor. Maybe people should choose their sources of information a little more carefully.

The Independent is owned by a Russian oligarch with partial ownership by a Saudi investor. Maybe people should choose their sources of information a little more carefully.
Yeah, unfortunately most people don't do their homework, just blindly believe what they see in their favorite media. I'm still digging to see which US media fed the wrong info to Brazil. They do a good job of hiding that information. :(

More US bashing, just what this "friendly" forum needs!

FWIW, when we lived in WA state, we once made a day trip to Vancouver, BC. The traffic was horrible, drivers were as bad as anything I've seen in NY or Chicago, and we tried to get on a bus and ask the driver a question, and he snapped at us very rudely. We were astonished, as none of this fit our previous perceptions of Canadians.

We never returned to Vancouver after that, though we did visit other parts of Canada often, and found the people very nice. (Most of the people in the US are very nice also). Canada has its shootings also, BTW. Just read the news. It's so easy to sling nasty generalizations around. None of them hold up when given a moment's thought.

I do agree with you that it's much too easy for children to get their hands on guns. But how about toning down the hatred of this country? In spite of having lots of room for improvement, most people find it a wonderful place to live, or visit.
Your comment was much more direct than mine, but thank you! As I said, we personally have a great quality of life in the US.

He certainly did display stability.
Every bullet went exactly where it should have gone.

KR was sensible to take a gun to one of these protests in the interest to help and to protect others and himself because we All know in 2020 and even now, too, these protests have been very violent and volitole.

They were very scary! In 2020 I was down the street from the violent protests and feared them coming up the street. My family in other parts of the country were in fear, too.

KR used a good deal of sensibility. We ALL know what was going on in our cities in 2020.

I got this somewhere and find it interesting: facts not opinion

I have watched the whole Rittenhouse Trial.
I didn't know that Kyle put out a dumpster fire that was being rolled down to a gas station to blow up, with people all around.
I didn't know that the Police were told to stand down as businesses were destroyed.
I didn't know that Kyles Dad, Grandma and Friends all lived in Kenosha, 20 minutes from where he resided with his Mom part time in Illinois.
I didn't know that Joseph Rosenbaum knocked him down twice and then attempted to kick him with lethal force to the head. I didn't know that Huber had hit him in the head 2x with a skateboard.
I didn't know Gaige Grosskreutz, a felon in possession of firearm, aimed his gun at Kyle first, as he admitted on the stand.
I also didn't know that in the State of Wisconsin, it is legal for Kyle to have a gun, even at 17 (which was why the gun charge was dismissed).
I didn't know that Kyle did not cross state lines with a gun he wasn't supposed to have. The rightful gun owner did, as he was legally permitted to do.
I also didn't realize that Rosenbaum was a 5 time convicted child rapist and that Huber was a 2 time convicted woman beater. I didn't know that Grosskreutz was a convicted Burglar with an assault on his record also.
IF THE MEDIA DID THEIR JOB... EVERYONE would have known this!
Whether or not those who died were saints or sinners has no bearing whatsoever on Rittenhouse's guilt or lack thereof. Under the constitution all are equal before the law, and being a bad guy doesn't put a target on a person's back. Rittenhouse had no idea as to the identities or histories of the people he shot, anyway.

When I lived in England I would buy three or four newspapers every day (no TV, no internet) and I was always amazed at the number of comments (always negative) about Americans. Often the pieces were blatantly invented by the "journalists.' I remember a piece saying that Americans had sex right on the dance floor of night clubs and they quoted one American girl saying, "I shag any bloke I fancy." Riiight. That was the Times.

Whether or not those who died were saints or sinners has no bearing whatsoever on Rittenhouse's guilt or lack thereof. Under the constitution all are equal before the law, and being a bad guy doesn't put a target on a person's back. Rittenhouse had no idea as to the identities or histories of the people he shot, anyway.

It most certainly has a bearing on Rittenhouse's guilt or innocence. If the jury hears that one of the people that Rittenhouse killed served 11 years for multiple sexual crimes against children, and that the other had been convicted of felony "strangulation" charges, it makes them more likely to believe that Rittenhouse was defending himself against violent assailants.

I'm not in any way condoning Rittenhouse's actions. I think there should be laws against people showing up at riots carrying semi-automatic rifles. I'm just saying that jurors are swayed by lots of things, including the backgrounds of the people involved in the case.

I was sad to hear Rittenhouse’s comments to Fox News after the verdict.

I hope someone takes him aside and encourages him to maintain a low profile and stay away from the press, no good can come of it in this situation.
You may have been sad @Aunt Bea, but were you surprised?

I wasn't. @Aunt Bea He's been used as a pawn from the beginning and I don't get the impression that he's intelligent enough to understand that regardless of his age. I doubt he'll listen if someone does encourage a low profile.

Last edited:
So, how does everyone feel about the father, and 16 year old daughter combo who armed themselves with AR-15's to protect the protesters yesterday? If, God forbid, he or she had to shoot someone, would that still be considered self defense since some here claim you're only looking to kill if you bring a weapon to a protest?

So, how does everyone feel about the father, and 16 year old daughter combo who armed themselves with AR-15's to protect the protesters yesterday? If, God forbid, he or she had to shoot someone, would that still be considered self defense since some here claim you're only looking to kill if you bring a weapon to a protest?
Personally, I think it’s ignorant and immature just like it was ignorant and immature for the prosecutor to brandish a weapon in the courtroom.

Having said that, we have no way of knowing how many protesters are carrying concealed weapons legally or illegally.

I fear what may happen if this becomes a new trend on our streets.

What would be really nice would be if peaceful protestors didn't carry weapons and no one but the police felt the need to "protect" them. I would love to live in a country where people didn't bring weapons to protest marches. I would take that a step further and say that laws should be in place that forbid carrying weapons at any such marches or demonstrations.

What would be really nice would be if peaceful protestors didn't carry weapons and no one but the police felt the need to "protect" them. I would love to live in a country where people didn't bring weapons to protest marches. I would take that a step further and say that laws should be in place that forbid carrying weapons at any such marches or demonstrations.
Welcome to Canada :cool:

Back