Rittenhouse found not guilty on all charges

Whether or not those who died were saints or sinners has no bearing whatsoever on Rittenhouse's guilt or lack thereof. Under the constitution all are equal before the law, and being a bad guy doesn't put a target on a person's back. Rittenhouse had no idea as to the identities or histories of the people he shot, anyway.
Good points Butterfly.

We're working on that :LOL::ROFLMAO:

I'm reminded of Orson Welles' famous speech in The Third Man...Switzerland! 500 years of peace and democracy and their contribution to civilization? The cuckoo clock!

No knock on Canada, it really is an excellent country and I wish we would emulate some of your policies.

Canada that wonderful place where I was mugged and they stole my money on the way to the hotel. next day I did enjoy the Phantom of the Opera, caught the train home and would never go back.

More US bashing, just what this "friendly" forum needs!

FWIW, when we lived in WA state, we once made a day trip to Vancouver, BC. The traffic was horrible, drivers were as bad as anything I've seen in NY or Chicago, and we tried to get on a bus and ask the driver a question, and he snapped at us very rudely. We were astonished, as none of this fit our previous perceptions of Canadians.

We never returned to Vancouver after that, though we did visit other parts of Canada often, and found the people very nice. (Most of the people in the US are very nice also). Canada has its shootings also, BTW. Just read the news. It's so easy to sling nasty generalizations around. None of them hold up when given a moment's thought.

I do agree with you that it's much too easy for children to get their hands on guns. But how about toning down the hatred of this country? In spite of having lots of room for improvement, most people find it a wonderful place to live, or visit.
But no one tried to shoot you. Yes we have had the odd shooting but not a daily event. I don't hate the US , I still have family there, but you have to admit it is too easy for crazies to get guns, and not just any guns but assault weapons that should only be available to the military, and the magazines with enough shells to kill 30-50 people. Every time there is a mass shooting down there the news says they got the gun and ammo legally. I don't like the Vancouver area either, too many people and scary traffic. I don't know one person here that wants to visit the US because of how often there is a mass shooting down there. I do realize that people are pouring across the border right now but that will slow down.

Canada that wonderful place where I was mugged and they stole my money on the way to the hotel. next day I did enjoy the Phantom of the Opera, caught the train home and would never go back.
Impossible! Canada is crime free! In fact, Canadian police have nothing to do all day, so they just eat donuts & drink coffee. :ROFLMAO:
SWAT Team

TheGunBlog.ca — Canadian police have increased the use of SWAT teams by almost 2,100 percent since 1980 as the highly armed and trained units respond to routine calls, researchers said at The Conversation. They urged authorities to scale back deployments.

When I lived in England I would buy three or four newspapers every day (no TV, no internet) and I was always amazed at the number of comments (always negative) about Americans. Often the pieces were blatantly invented by the "journalists.' I remember a piece saying that Americans had sex right on the dance floor of night clubs and they quoted one American girl saying, "I shag any bloke I fancy." Riiight. That was the Times.
You knew they were false because no American girl would ever say "shag". :LOL:

It most certainly has a bearing on Rittenhouse's guilt or innocence. If the jury hears that one of the people that Rittenhouse killed served 11 years for multiple sexual crimes against children, and that the other had been convicted of felony "strangulation" charges, it makes them more likely to believe that Rittenhouse was defending himself against violent assailants.

I'm not in any way condoning Rittenhouse's actions. I think there should be laws against people showing up at riots carrying semi-automatic rifles. I'm just saying that jurors are swayed by lots of things, including the backgrounds of the people involved in the case.

Which is exactly why that sort of information is generally inadmissible. Anyway, whether or not it might sway the jury has no bearing on Rittenhouse's technical legal guilt under the actual law. Really, really bad guy or nun, the law applies equally to them both, and to their killer.

Which is exactly why that sort of information is generally inadmissible. Anyway, whether or not it might sway the jury has no bearing on Rittenhouse's technical legal guilt under the actual law. Really, really bad guy or nun, the law applies equally to them both, and to their killer.

Maybe you missed it. They had the trial. The jury found Rittenhouse innocent on all charges. That's the way "the law" works. Rittenhouse has no "technical legal guilt under the actual law".

Maybe you missed it. They had the trial. The jury found Rittenhouse innocent on all charges. That's the way "the law" works. Rittenhouse has no "technical legal guilt under the actual law".
He's not innocent. He's not guilty. Not innocent means the defendant committed no such act. Not guilty means the prosecution couldn't meet the burden of proof required.

That is certainly one way to look at it...:)
No. Rittenhouse can't deny his participation in the acts as charged, so he's not innocent. The jury found the prosecution did not prove his actions were unlawful, that the prosecution didn't meet it's legal burden of proving beyond reasonable doubt. This is written in our laws, so NO, oldpop, there is only One Way here, and One Fact. You of course are welcome to your own opinion, but you can't write new laws. So, let's get our facts straight while we take opinions as they come.

Just read on the net where a Mother in GA who criticized Rittenhouse's parents for bringing him up wrong was killed by her own son! Hmm.

Back