Sacroiliac

Ruthanne

SF VIP
I now believe that this (sacroiliac) is where my pain is coming from since I had physical therapy for hip bursitis and it did not cure the pain or help everything I've been experiencing. The doctor I used to have said she thought my pain was coming from my sacroiliac. My butt often hurts and now it's hurting really bad along with my side and my lower and upper back give me problems, too.

I think I'm going to make an appointment with a Chiropractor recommended to me awhile back. Has anyone had Chiropractic for sacroiliac pain problems?

Here is a link on this joint problem: https://www.spine-health.com/condit...reatment-options-sacroiliac-joint-dysfunction

Ruthanne, I've been troubled with sacroiliac pain and/or sciatica off and on all my life since a bad car wreck in 1963. Chiropractors have saved my life with this issue and allowed me to have long periods of no pain. It's the only thing that helps me at all.

I like heat also. I use it for my knees. A few years back The doctor told me ice and the therapist told me heat,they couldn't make up their minds. Since that time I decided to do what feels good. I hope you feel better Ruthanne

Ruthanne, I've been troubled with sacroiliac pain and/or sciatica off and on all my life since a bad car wreck in 1963. Chiropractors have saved my life with this issue and allowed me to have long periods of no pain. It's the only thing that helps me at all.
Glad it has helped you. I have heard of a recommended chiropractor in my area and am going to get the phone number and call there.

I have permanent back and hip damage from injuries sustained as a minor. Chiropractors and acupuncture have been a godsend.
So glad it's helped you. I've seen one before but a long time ago. I'm going to look into it again.

I like heat also. I use it for my knees. A few years back The doctor told me ice and the therapist told me heat,they couldn't make up their minds. Since that time I decided to do what feels good. I hope you feel better Ruthanne
I used the heat last night and have reduced pain now. I know the pain will come back again as it usually does. I'm glad you get some relief, too.

I can relate to back pain. Ive got stenosis of lumbar spine. Osteo and physio have failed.
Sorry you have back pain. I am very familiar with stenosis and know it's a royal ouch..

I will tell you my story here because it is true. I have had aback pain for about 40 years. In the past year and a half I developed hip and nasty knee pain in both knees. I have had psoriasis for about 25 years. Now, my psoriasis has gone in to remmission clearing about 80 %. My back pain is 99% vanished. My hip pain is gone. I did get a cortisone shot a month ago in my left knee but both knees are 95% pain free. I believe this dramatic change started about a year ago for my back and psoriasis. My hip about six months ago. My right knee about the same time as my hip. I am at a total loss for any reason but feel so blessed because I feared disability for my knees and hip and dreaded what my future held. The only thing that might be the factor is I cut way back on the frequency of my moderate drinking but if that is the reason I could kick myself for not doing it earlier.

I will tell you my story here because it is true. I have had aback pain for about 40 years. In the past year and a half I developed hip and nasty knee pain in both knees. I have had psoriasis for about 25 years. Now, my psoriasis has gone in to remmission clearing about 80 %. My back pain is 99% vanished. My hip pain is gone. I did get a cortisone shot a month ago in my left knee but both knees are 95% pain free. I believe this dramatic change started about a year ago for my back and psoriasis. My hip about six months ago. My right knee about the same time as my hip. I am at a total loss for any reason but feel so blessed because I feared disability for my knees and hip and dreaded what my future held. The only thing that might be the factor is I cut way back on the frequency of my moderate drinking but if that is the reason I could kick myself for not doing it earlier.
Good for you! I've never heard moderate drinking related to pain. I have found that my pain lessens with it. Everyone varies, though.

Good for you! I've never heard moderate drinking related to pain. I have found that my pain lessens with it. Everyone varies, though.

Yeah, I never heard of it either but booze and psoriasis do not mix so I threw that in there. I wish I knew so I could pass it on because I knew how bad my pain was especially in my back. I'm 71 and I am starting to believe in The Good Fairy……………..again. I did get news a couple weeks ago that I shrunk two inches so maybe just do stuff with weights on your head to alleviate all pain. :rolleyes:

Yeah, I never heard of it either but booze and psoriasis do not mix so I threw that in there. I wish I knew so I could pass it on because I knew how bad my pain was especially in my back. I'm 71 and I am starting to believe in The Good Fairy……………..again. I did get news a couple weeks ago that I shrunk two inches so maybe just do stuff with weights on your head to alleviate all pain. :rolleyes:
Huh? Wha? Yes, maybe booze is bad for psoriasis, I don't know. You have probably inside info. on it or have researched it. Whatever works for you..I say go with it. :)

I admit I am sceptical that it would prove true for everyone .... even a large number of folks ? How often & how much were you consuming at the time ?

I didn't really want to comment on this, but since @rgp did so, I'll add that I am also skeptical of your conclusion. Yes, there is a wide range of individual reaction/response to various inputs - and maybe alcohol is a big problem for you. But I'd have to see some studies in support of your claims. I have never seen any scientific literature linking psoriasis and back pain to alcohol ingestion.

In my younger days I have had sacroiliac pain, because I injured it sledding down a hill, as luck had it mine was temporary. I think I did this two times, on two different years. Saw the same doctor each time, he gave me some pills, muscle relaxers I believe, ibuprofen, I think. After two weeks or so, I was as good as new. The doctor suggested to not sled down the hill, if memory serves me right.

Back