Samsung's New Phone Costs $2K. Would you pay 2,000 for a phone?

Folding phone is 'definitely a luxury device'

Samsung has again unveiled a folding phone with a price tag of almost $2,000—and it says the $1,999 Galaxy Z Fold 2 won't suffer from the issues that plagued the original Galaxy Fold last year. Samsung says the phone, its third folding phone and one that opens up into a tablet with a 7.6-inch screen, has a redesigned hinge similar to that on the Galaxy Flip, its second attempt at a folding phone, CNBC reports. TechRadar describes the new phone as "better in almost every way, except, perhaps for its name." It will be released on Sept. 18, eight days after Microsoft launches its "Surface Duo" folding phone.

https://www.newser.com/story/295673/samsungs-new-phone-costs-2k.html

No ...however hubby is waiting for Apple iPhone 12 to be released next month as he has fancy hearing aids that he can pair to the phone in noisey social settings such as our dancing if he can’t hear clearly when someone is talking to him.
He can put the phone on the table and it will pick up what’s being said to him better through the phone speakers , he currently has a android phone that’s not computable with the hearing aids
I will be updating my phone as well to iPhone 12

After my iPhone, I've had two Samsung phones and have two Samsung tablets. Obviously I love Samsung products...but not that much. My first tablet was 8.5 inches which I thought was adequate until I got the 10.5 model. This new phone is about 10 times what I paid for my last phone. Not that much phone in the world. It would have to do my housework, go to the laundry for me and definitely do the dishes. :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Not that much phone in the world. It would have to do my housework, go to the laundry for me and definitely do the dishes. :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Just changed my vote to a yes, if it comes with those features. 😉 So obviously, no.

I’m an Apple addict now. I too am waiting for the 12. My 6 can barely be updated & it‘s full.

I hope it doesn’t weigh too much.

I don’t need the fancy cameras. Just space & something that can last for many years.

tenor.gif

Nope!

I like the idea of the folding phone with a bigger screen/bigger font but I grew up in a family that never bought anything when it first hit the market.

Growing up I heard all of the lectures about waiting for them to get the bugs out of the new models, waiting for the price to come down, etc... and I hate to admit it but it's true.

I suppose there are those who would find a $2k cell phone worthwhile, but I would rather spend that kind of money on something more useful. For our needs, our $20 LG phone gives us all we need.

Why does it cost $2,000? Because there are enough of those who will pay that so they can say they have the latest. I'd love to see a comparison of production costs vs. sales price.

20 years ago when I retired, two of my friends bought me an LG flip phone & two years service. I still have it, it still works just fine. $2000,00 for a phone ? .......... I think not.

Not that I would or could to spend that much on a phone, but no doubt there’s the “gotta keep up with the Jones’s” crew that no doubt are already in line.
Not unlike cars, the 1st production year is probably dicey, IMHO.

No way. I've had 2 $25 manufacturer plastic smart phone screener covers disintigrate in less than six months yet my dollar store cover lasted just as long. More money more to lose the more it does the more that can go wrong. And reading tiny screens all day can be great for the eyes.

Just another gimmick, bell or whistle.

Back