Sardines

I keep a stock of the WalMart Great Value brand of sardines in my pantry. The price is right, they're packed in soybean oil, lightly smoked and have a long 'best if used by' date. A product of Thailand BTW. I eat 'em on toasted bread.
And they have skin and bones too, hence a rich source of calcium......

I like sardines, add a little cider vinegar, chopped onions, eat from the can with saltine cracker and cream cheese if I have any, I think they are an acquired taste kinda of like scotch. I put the can out by the door leaving at least one piece of sardine for the neighbors cat or dog, they usual carry the can off.

Hey @Trade , you got me started on sardines, like I used to eat with my mother. I did get King Oscar, packed in olive oil but they were skinless and boneless. I had them for lunch with a few drops of light Japanese wine vinegar. Delicious!

Cool!

We all want to feel like we accomplished something worthwhile during our lives.

If I can say that I influenced at least one person to eat more sardines then I can consider mine to have been a life worth living!:)

"Pass this down, please"........
sport-stadium-spectator-spectating-sardines-bird-smb081017_low.jpg

Smoked oysters with Ritz crackers. Love sardines and always get the ones with bones that's is pure protein. Herring in vinegar again with Ritz crackers. I also love avocados very good for you as well.

I picked this up by mistake a couple of months ago and it turned out to be a nice 100 calorie 0 carb meal/snack.

Warning it is very high in sodium.

I will grab a couple of cans next time I see it on sale for .99 cents.

fb26b42f011ec59981f71cb4e1a78a6a.jpg
I buy a lot of canned tuna but I get it in spring water so I can mix it up with other stuff (jacket potatoes etc) ... can't eat anything spicy!!

Fisherman’s Eggs
"I consider Fisherman’s Eggs to be a gateway recipe to the wonderful world of sardines. Sardines are simply mixed with a tasty array of veggies and aromatics, then baked with a few eggs on top. They flavor is so good you wouldn’t know (or care) that you were noshing on dreaded sardines. "
Fishermans-Eggs-Skillet.jpg

Back