Scared, Landlord Selling Building, Will Have To Move

Image result for speechless meme

Please don't turn on each other because of a problem someone else has caused...

.. stop beating that dead horse, it ain't getting up... . frustrating as it may be when someone asks for help then refuses suggestions or downright ignores questions..it's not our party..it's theirs... if someone ask for help and they look like they're unwilling to accept the advice for whatever reason, leave..walk away, don't look back, but for goodness sake don't allow yourself to be called out on your bad behaviour towards that person, people will never forget how you treated someone who was down on their luck, and you'll lose friendship with some into the bargain. Don't allow that to happen to yourself.. :(

Another poster, whose name I will not mention, has said in a brief moment of honesty in the recent past that s(he) is never empathetic as s(he) has no real problems and can't relate to those who do. Just wait, poster, life has a way of catching up. Maybe you'll be charmed to the end, I don't know.

Wow! I must have missed that quite shocking post - it's obviously not on this thread.
Woe to the smug ones for they will one day be knocked off their self-erected pedestals. (I'm betting something like that is written in the Bible or other book of wisdom.)

@hollydolly - I don't mind beating dead horses, unlike live horses they don't suffer pain. Sorry if I offended you with my bad behavior but lots of people here agree with me and I'm betting a lot more others agree but ain't saying it. But, I promise you not to beat anymore that dead-horse that is Patnono, I'll just ignore those pathetic threads that rear up their ugly heads every few weeks.

Last edited:
@hollydolly - I don't mind beating dead horses, unlike live horses they don't suffer pain. Sorry if I offended you with my bad behavior but lots of people here agree with me and I'm betting a lot more others agree but ain't saying it. But, I promise you not to beat anymore that dead-horse that is Patnono, I'll just ignore those pathetic threads that rear up their ugly heads every few weeks.
you didn't offend me at all Catlady.. ☺ , and I agree with many of your points too, as I do some others, I just don't want you or anyone falling out over a member who may have little interest in taking anyone's advice, ..it's never worth losing friends over...

Wow! I must have missed that quite shocking post - it's obviously not on this thread.
Woe to the smug ones for they will one day be knocked off their self-erected pedestals. (I'm betting something like that is written in the Bible or other book of wisdom.)
Well, you see It Ain't Necessarily So. It's a crapshoot.

Here we are at post #137. I was thinking the best way to deal with patnono is to ignore her posts.

BUT then I thought geeze this many posts makes her posts worthwhile just for the entertainment of the various thinking that goes on.

Actually, an interesting social phenomena occurred here. A person was tolerated for awhile with apparent resentment, then whoosh! big explosion of outrage. Humans. Can't live with 'em; can't live without 'em. We're small. Itty bitty small. Not to mention weird and possibly a wee bit crazy.

Well, she hasn't replied to the question about when she filed for bankruptcy asked by MANY posters. And she would not reply to me about her daughter living in El Paso. I remember her saying she tried to discourage her from moving and said she would not be able to afford to visit them.
From what I'm reading, seems some took issue with some of your replies (??) I will admit I've seen your replies in other threads and thought "Wow...kind of cold hearted." You may need empathy from this forum one day. My mother used to say "you never know what you're coming to in this life". BUT I recognize that you are a practical, no nonsense person and I can respect that. It's just that sometimes life is not so "pat", so cut and dry for some people. Some have no coping skills at all. One of the first of the posts I read by Patnono did mention [her] having a mental problem that hindered finding work awhile back...so don't know how that factors in her being able to resolve pressing problems. I do know that those with mental health issues can't be expected to function like those who don't have them.

I have a friend who never took good advice. And yes there's always "reasons" and excuses. It can be vert frustrating. She has experienced the consequences and admitted she wished she had taken my advice (a few times). But I've never been short with her or un-empathetic. I just tell her now that she has to make her own decisions. I don't waste my time. Someone mentioned not beating a dead horse in another reply. My philosophy regarding the adage "you can lead a horse to water but you can't make him drink" is it won't be my fault if the fool horse dies of dehydration.

Last edited:
Many people here ask for advice and don’t take it
Many members have mental issues
This IS a forum made specifically for the elderly.
Some will discuss problems
Others won’t

Either way I don’t think calling a seasoned member , a ‘troll’ , is helpful or telling them that ‘once a victim, always a victim.’

What a load of crap that is. I’ve been a victim before . Once as a child and once while kidnapped. Neither incidences were short lived so I did develop victim mentality. Sometimes while stressed I slip back to victim mentality but I most certainly don’t have a lifestyle of acting like a helpless victim which is what some here are insinuating regarding Patnono and I don’t think that’s really fair.

Members aren’t obligated to post. We post because we want to.

From what I'm reading, seems some took issue with some of your replies (??) I will admit I've seen your replies in other threads and thought "Wow...kind of cold hearted." You may need empathy from this forum one day. My mother used to say "you never know what you're coming to in this life". BUT I recognize that you are a practical, no nonsense person and I can respect that. It's just that sometimes life is not so "pat", so cut and dry for some people. Some have no coping skills at all. One of the first of the posts I read by Patnono did mention [her] having a mental problem that hindered finding work awhile back...so don't know how that factors in her being able to resolve pressing problems. I do know that those with mental health issues can't be expected to function like those who don't have them.

I have a friend who never took good advice. And yes there's always "reasons" and excuses. It can be vert frustrating. She has experienced the consequences and admitted she wished she had taken my advice (a few times). But I've never been short with her or un-empathetic. I just tell her now that she has to make her own decisions. I don't waste my time. Someone mentioned not beating a dead horse in another reply. My philosophy regarding the adage "you can lead a horse to water but you can't make him drink" is it won't be my fault if the fool horse dies of dehydration.
I've subscribed to the adage its best to have "loving indifference" to what might be causing the person not to respond to advice.

Also great to have loving indifference to family member's personal faults (as you see them)...lol. Best to focus on the overall good.

Back