School shooting in Nashville!!

I never leave home without a pistol. It’s a dangerous world out there and I feel the need to carry my pistol. I would feel terrible sitting in a restaurant or movie theater and a shooting happened and I would find myself and my wife crawling on the floor for protection. My wife used to ask me if I was “ready” to go. That was a reminder to me to be sure I was carrying. My wife, son and daughter all carry. It doesn’t guarantee your safety, but it gives you a chance to survive if a shooting should happen.

People ask me if it’s s good idea to carry. I tell them “not until you take a safety course.” I attended a safety course about a month ago presented by the NRA, which I am not a member of, so I had to pay $25 to enter, which is very inexpensive. A lot of safety courses run as high as $75 in my area. I went because (you guessed it) a neighbor asked me to go along. I thought it was very good. Very thorough for sure. You didn’t want to try to rob the place that night. Everyone had a pistol, unloaded, of course.
You have no idea how good it feels to be able to go anywhere I want, owning no gun at all and feel very safe!

Hid them around the house.

Problem is the parents view their child as a 'good kid' and not a troubled kid and took their word for it. I guess they didn't want to pursue a court order or even have the police come in with dog and give the parents any firearms they found in their house.

Without knowing what all has gone on in the past it's hard to know if they had reason to bring police in but I sure wish they had done so.

I was also curious how the shooter bought a total of 7 guns if it was over a short period of time without attracting attention. Maybe it wasn't a short time but since it was from 5 stores I guess that's no longer a question.

And the person's finger did nothing without the gun. There will always be angry people with evil intent, they just can't go into a school and kill dozens of people without a weapon.
This is true also. From the video it seems that the doors of the school were locked and he used the gun to get into. But the real scandal is that society is in such a bad state that the doors have to be locked. What have you done to your young people? Or were the doors locked as you were students?

More madness, will it always be like this?

According to the BBC News, there have been 131 Mass Shootings
up to 28th March 2023, in the USA, I don't think that it is controllable,
there are just too many guns, they cannot all be kept out of the hands
of the crazy people who think that killing others, is OK!

It is not OK.
BBC News

R.I.P. the dead.

Mike.
Mass Shootings USA 2023.jpg

The "gun control" debate will go on forever. There are at least 400 million guns in the hands of our people, and most of them are unregistered. If there was ever a serious attempt to confiscate guns, it would probably lead to a civil war.

Other than the killings among the drug gangs, most of the killers have a history of mental and legal problems which eventually push them over the edge. We need a far better willingness to help, and or, control the majority of these killers. Perhaps the best advice is the "See Something, Say Something" approach. It seems that when one of these killers goes Nuts, friends and family always seem to tell stories about crazy behavior leading up to the killing.

The Nashville Police chief has spoken again. He reported what he learned from the parents of the shooter who lived with them. They were aware that their adult offspring had owned a gun. They had insisted that the gun be disposed of and thought it had been. The chief said that the shooter had legally purchased 7 guns from 5 different gun stores and hid them around the house. There was no info on the period of time that the purchases took place.

The other big point of interest was that the shooter was under a doctor's care for an emotional disorder but had not been committed to inpatient care.

Also, I want to say that I am impressed with the police chief. He has a very good manner and way of answering questions.
You have got to be freaking kidding me. But I know you aren't. I had yet to hear this.

This is enabling to the worst degree. I know what enabling does. "thought it had been." WTF? REALLY! Since this individual was not a minor, I don't know if there is anything that can be brought against the parents. I wonder if the shooter had capacity. I will assume yes, since it's not easy to have that taken away.

7 guns and the parents didn't think there was a problem????? 😡😡😡

Due to the number of deaths cause by [drunk] driving .... I thnink we should ban automobiles !

After all driving is a privlege , where as the right to bear arms is just that ..... a righ.......... under the constitution.
It's not an individual Constitutional right; it's a collective right, as in "militia."

I don't understand the Americans' great need to have the right to arm themselves.
It's in the constitution and I don't think it will ever change. I believe the United States has the longest standing constitution in the world. Back then the right to bear arms was important.

But there are people who think a president can take their guns away. They can't.

Ok, so we ban guns ... then what ? Kniveswill be the next choice, ban them as well ? Then what ? Baseball bats .... where will it end for law abiding citizens !
Do you think Adam Lanza could have gone into Sandy Hook elementary and killed 26 children with a knife or baseball bat before he was stopped? I doubt it.

Cars, knives and baseball bats all have good uses. as for your constitution. Get over it. It's not the ten commandments and it wasn't written by God. Its a paper written by a bunch of politicians when the world and guns were very different from today.

Why do we keep saying we can't do anything about this as if we are helpless in this situation. We don't have to get every single gun out of circulation to improve things. We can get quite a few by buying back guns. We can stop sales of new ones. We could at least try. We owe it to our children to do more than just shake our heads, throw up our hands and pretend we can figure out who's going to go berserk ahead of time because their neighbor says he wears the same plaid shirt every day.

Back